It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OBE/Sleep Paralysis/ Aliens?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   
I dunno if these things are relevant to each other, but these are the facts, tell me what you think it means.
For about four years now Ive wanted to have an OBE, I've had one a few years ago, which turned into a dream once i floated outta my house.
A month ago i tried making it happen again, instead i had a dream that i was face to face with an slightly scruffy looking man who looked like a bum with a knife in his hand, as he began to stab me repeatedly i opened my eyes. I saw myself in bed, yet still saw my dream. As he continued to shank me, i lay there freaking out with a case of sleep paralysis.
A week ago i stopped smoking pot for an upcoming job interview.
3 days ago, i had a dream my friend (who i constantly drive around town) was driving me around. This was the first time i've even been able to realize i was IN a dream, i said to him "This is a dream! Im going to try projecting!"
It worked, i floated around my home, my neighborhood, zipped to space to see the stars, the rest is foggy.
Last night i was at my girlfriends house, we fell asleep next to each other with my arm under her, and i was on my back. I awoke to what i thought was her crying and telling me all her problems, but i couldn't tell it was very hard to hear, i was having a case of sleep paralysis again. it took me nearly two minutes to move my arm or talk. when i finally did, and woke her up she said she didn't know what i was talking about.
The next day my friend showed me a picture of an alien on the random, thats when i remembered the dream i was having the night before right before i woke up to the sleep paralysis.
The dream was me being in front of my girlfriends bedroom door, knowing something was on the other side, but being urged to open it. When i did it was a 4ft something alien starring at me.
I really don't know what to think of any of this,
I feel the bum stabbing me was my mind preventing me from an OBE.

any words of wisdom?

Thank you,
Sam

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   
My clinical opinion is you are experiencing hypnagogia. Physiologically, sleep paralysis is closely related to the paralysis that occurs as a natural part of REM (rapid eye movement) sleep, which is known as REM atonia. Sleep paralysis occurs when the brain awakes from a REM state, but the body paralysis persists. This leaves the person fully conscious, but unable to move. The paralysis can last from several seconds to several minutes "after which the individual may experience panic symptoms and the realization that the distorted perceptions were false".

new topics

join