It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Doc Who Tied Vaccine to Autism Ruled Unethical

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Further news:

news.bbc.co.uk...

The journal which originally published the study, the Lancet, has completely retracted the article.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Jenna

Thanks for starting this interesting thread, Jenna.

As I see it from inside the medical industry, but not in that area of vaccination technology.....

Members of the general public must find it extremely difficult to make really well informed decisions about this because it's such a complicated area.

No matter which decision a person makes, there's always that "worry factor". I think the MSM makes this harder for people by feeding off this worry, in order to increase ratings & sell more magazines & papers.

For what it's worth, I think that in the main, vaccination technology has been of tremendous benefit to mankind.

However it's absolutely true there is risk associated with it albeit extremely small, as there is with all medical technology.

And as for that trial.....

It was a shocker.....a real shocker.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

[edit on 5-2-2010 by Maybe...maybe not]

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   
This will give me pause the next time someone cites a peer-reviewed, published study as evidence.

The opposition to Wakefield's study does not come to the table with clean, shiny hands either. The organised opposition to Wakefield's study -- as well as organised opposition to Wakefield the doctor (and I suspect even as Wakefield the person) -- come from well-funded interested parties in Pharmaceuticals, etc.

<< 1   >>

join