It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some crap just came up

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Hello BATS. Due to recent events that surround me I won't be able to post much in the near future. Things are starting to change around here in Iraq and its only a matter of time before I get caught up in the moment. I sense certain doom lurking towards me and my crew as my time here is coming to an end but when im here that always an everyday occurance:shk:. I wish I could tell you guys more but right now things are starting to get dangerous more and more with each passing day and I don't know if I will make it out of here alive but I will continue to live life to the fullest till my last breath. It feels strange being this close to the Iranian border since Iraq and Iran are next door enemies but then again its just another day at work for me for TPTB.
Feel free to rant right back at me since there is no promise of another tommorow.:bnghd:

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Stop-loss!

Man.... I hope everything works out and I hope you're not caught up in anything man.

Stay safe..

Peace

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Did you recently move closer to the border?

Stay safe. Be well.

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Keep your head down.
Be safe and keep others safe.
Get the hell home, where you belong!

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Wishing you and your mates safety and resolution, Stop-loss.

Come home soon. Not much more we can do from here, other than a prayer or two, or the occasional box of crap that might make a few days marginally improved.

Be safe. IIIIIIIIIIIII ^

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

I was always close to the Iranian border, but when I looked at the map of my location I didnt realize I was that close.

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by argentus

A box of crap would be nice but I dont know if it would make it on time since our time is drawing to a close.

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stop-loss!

A box of crap would be nice but I dont know if it would make it on time since our time is drawing to a close.

Close...as in...crossing that border?

Don't leave us hangin' buddy.

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

the Iranian border is very close to the Maysan province here in Iraq. Although we have never crossed the border (from what ive been told) Iran seems to make life miserable here in Iraq for numerous reasons. I would't be suprized if they told us to go into Iran for some BS.

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Seen any stargates lately?

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Seriously though...know that there are others with you in spirit.

Give em Hell.

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Be safe out there, man.

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 03:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Signals

Sure thing and ill be sure to let yall know about the culture of these people in the future since im living ghettofabulous in my tent.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   
What !? I'll send you a box of crap. How do you mail stuff anyways. Like books and snacks, is that what you mean?

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Send Gifts to Troops

This is the safest way to send packages to troops. It guarantees it will get to an actual troop and not some sham site

-Kyo

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I am thankful for your thoughts of sending me gifts but its a little too late now since the mail system is so slow and I will most likely be on my way back to the states by the time it arrives. Thanks again guys but I know there are other soldiers out here who need it more then me that just barely made it here.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   

'nother two boxes of crap out of here today. We are asked to not include personal information when we send said boxes of crap, and I even think they are repackaged most times. Still, if you've ever opened a box with dominos or playing cards, disposable razors, orange chapstick, coconut soap, deoderant, cheeze&cracker packs and a6-oz. vacuum packed brick of Cuban espresso(my little joke), then that was us.

Not much else we can do, especially with you all being so tight-lipped about what you really WANT.

Just get home safely. Then you can start making your own boxes of crap.

p.s. my Bride just wandered by and reminded me that we occasionally toss in a small plastic bottle of Miracel skin oil.

[edit on 3/2/10 by argentus]

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   

If it were possible I would ask for chips and other snacks that didn't have MSG's in them or other harmful chemicals but I think that would be too much to ask and we do get dominos and poker cards. Thanks for the support to us.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   

How about Wheat Thins? Off the box -- Whole grain wheat flour, unbleached enriched flour (wheat flour, niacin, reduced iron, Thiamine mononitrate (Vitamin B1), Riboflavin (Vitamin B2), Folic Acid, Soybean Oil, Sugar, Cornstarch, Malt Syrup (From Barley and Corn), Salt, Invert Sugar, Monoglycerides, Leavening (Calcium Phosphate and/or Baking Soda), Vegetable Color (Annato Extract, Tumeric, Oleoresin).

They have a kick-ass inner plastic bag. It's like #12 rip-stop 2ml plastic. Seems WAY too secure for the average Wheat Thin -- more like computer microchip level of security on the plastic toughness scale.

My Darlin' eats small rice crackers that taste like whatever they are adorned with (cinnamon, cheese, spices, etc.). How about those?

What about nuts? Are you all swimming in nuts? Heh. Sorry, I couldn't resist. Seriously, though, sorry for derailing your thread, but this is information that I don't get that often. You all need some mixed nuts, beer nuts, peanuts?

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Yeeesss! We could use some mixed nuts or cashews. Wheat thins are good too and some dark chocolate for some antioxidants since we always eat toxic crap that they feed us in the Dfac tent. Heh id rather eat Iraqi food then eat at our own Dfac.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join