It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists crack 20-year Aids puzzle that could revolutionise latest HIV medicines

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   
This is yet another step towards of a vaccine for AIDS. It is good that we have found this even though it is 20 years after we found out about AIDS.

Hopefully there will be a vaccine for AIDS in the next few decades, and this once unbeatable virus would then have a cure.

Scientists say they have solved a crucial puzzle about the Aids virus after 20 years of research and that their findings could lead to better treatments for HIV.

British and U.S. researchers said they have grown a crystal that enabled them to see the structure of an enzyme called integrase. The enzyme is found in retroviruses like HIV and is a target for some of the newest HIV medicines.It took more than 40,000 trials for them to come up with one a crystal of sufficiently high quality to allow them to see the three-dimensional structu re

When the human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) infects someone, it uses the integrase enzyme to paste a copy of its genetic information into their DNA.

Scientists from Imperial and Harvard university said that having the integrase structure means researchers can begin fully to understand how integrase inhibitor drugs work, how they might be improved, and how to stop HIV developing resistance to them.

Source: www.dailymail.co.uk...

[edit on 1-2-2010 by sunny_2008ny]

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Lies and Properganda. How have they not just Isolated a virus???
If you read that article and dont think theres something up you need your head checked.
Read it and ask questions to yourself about it. Simple questions.

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by sunny_2008ny
Hopefully there will be a vaccine for AIDS in the next few decades, and this once unbeatable virus would then have a cure.

Now, to dawn on my conspiracy hat for a moment...

Why would they choose a vaccine when they can simply extend it out into a lifetime of treatments. not as much money in cures and vaccines...make people take pills for a lifetime and now your talking profit.

call me a cynic, but thats how I see this being released.

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   
SCAM 2.0 !!!

hiv vaccine anyone ?

by the way, from secret sources, i've heard they will do 'repeatable hiv vaccine', like you supposed to take it every year or so kinda thing, everyone that got swinecine this year, will test 'positive' on test

take it or leave it hahaha

(dated 02 feb 2010 gmt)

[edit on 1-2-2010 by angelx666]

new topics

top topics

join