It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you support gun control, visit Juarez Mx, to see how well it works.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   

www.youtube.com...

edition.cnn.com...

www.nytimes.com...

www.nation.co.ke...

Looks like the streets of Baghdad.
static.sdnn.com...

Random shot up truck
blog.cleveland.com...

Another Police truck shot up.
images.huffingtonpost.com...

Bus stop lit up like a Christmas tree..
wwwimage.cbsnews.com...

Shot up SUV..
img208.imageshack.us...

Van that got riddled with bullets.
www.huffingtonpost.com...

This is not in Juarez, but it is in Mexico.

www.youtube.com...

Another Mexican gun battle.

www.youtube.com...

Reuters report.

www.youtube.com...

Article 11 of Ley Federal de Armas de Fuego y Explosivos lists prohibited "military firearms" in Mexico. They include: * anything full-auto * any semi-auto handgun larger than 380 (e.g., 9mm, .38 Super, or larger) * any revolver in .357 Magnum or larger * any rifle in larger than .30 caliber * any shotgun larger than 12ga or with a barrel shorter than 25". Where there are prohibitions, there are penalties. The penalties for possession of prohibited "military firearms" include: 3-12 months in prison for bayonets, sabers and lances, 1-7 years for .357 magnum revolvers and any revolver larger than a .38 Special, and 2-12 years for other prohibited weapons. You don't want to run afoul of this law! Members of hunting clubs may be able to acquire hunting guns in an otherwise-prohibited caliber. There is one gun store in the country (in Mexico City). It takes about a month for your purchase to be approved. Approval will be denied once you own more than 2 handguns or 10 long guns. Carry permits exist for outside of your home, but generally not for mere mortals. Even if you get a carry permit, the biggest that you can carry is 380.

www.panda.com...

So in Mexico you citizens are allowed to own guns, kinda. The laws are ultra restrictive. They really don't give out very many permits, and you are certainly not allowed to have any kind of military style weapons. Their gun contol laws have very strict penalties.

So even with all these laws, look at what is going on down there. It is completely absurd. I would venture to say that gun control is totally ineffective in preventing gun crime.

Reduced murder rates cannot be obtained by gun control, only by tackling underlying societal issues can safety, and peace be had.

So, what is my point in all of this?
-Gun control advocates know that guns aren't the problem.
-Gun grabbers, are simply after control.
-Don't be fooled by anti-gun propaganda, TPTB simply hates freedom.
-Guns are the only thing standing between where we are now and total tyranny.

[edit on 31-1-2010 by downtown436]

[edit on 31-1-2010 by downtown436]

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by downtown436

The huge swathes of the world with gun control, and very low gun crime, seems to suggest that gun crime has something far more to do with the culture it's present in, than with gun control itself.

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by davesidious

I don't think the point is "gun crime". Where the laws are restrictive, the crime rate is higher.

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   

When it comes to violence in Mexico, to blame tight 'gun control' instead of the sinister 'war on drugs' as the cause, is akin to blaming someone's death on a mosquito bite if they were suffering from a brain tumor. It's a scrambled argument, not to mention putting the chicken before the egg. Yeah, let's flood Juarez w/ guns, that'll fix it.

Best,
Skunknuts

[edit on 1/31/2010 by skunknuts]

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   
To assume that the drug violence is attributed to strict gun control is completely absurb. Its like comparing apples to oranges

FYI OP, why dont you investigate how our strict gun laws have prevented another mass murder, or a reduction in shooting deaths here?

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Just to play devil Advocate above occurs in a nation with NO gun control or TAXES as far as I know.

P.S I think everyone should keep their guns, I'm just saying...

Maybe if everyone was armed? - I know, a John Wayne movie would be good

[edit on 31-1-2010 by Janky Red]

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by skunknuts

When it comes to violence in Mexico, to blame tight 'gun control' instead of the sinister 'war on drugs' as the cause, is akin to blaming someone's death on a mosquito bite if they were suffering from a brain tumor. It's a scrambled argument, not to mention putting the chicken before the egg. Yeah, let's flood Juarez w/ guns, that'll fix it.

Best,
Skunknuts

[edit on 1/31/2010 by skunknuts]

I agree. I am just so sick of the argument that more gun laws means less crime, and I am posting this to slap that idea right in the face.

The fact that drugs are illegal in the USA is the cause of about 95% of the crime, and violence in Mexico.

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman
To assume that the drug violence is attributed to strict gun control is completely absurb (SIC). Its like comparing apples to oranges

FYI OP, why dont (SIC[/i])you investigate how our strict gun laws have prevented another mass murder, or a reduction in shooting deaths here?

Perhaps if this Sydney woman had had a gun, it would have prevented her from being gang raped and beaten on three separate occasions.
www.sullivan-county.com...
Or how about the two teenage girls in Sydney? What if they had had a pistol?
www.jihadwatch.org...
Or how about Mr. Murphy of Wilby?
www.highbeam.com...
Here is the sad story of a radio announcer in South Australia? What if he had had a shot gun?
www.theaustralian.com.au...
You want some more mate? I‘ve got them!
seanbryson.com...
What if this terror plot succeeded? I bet you would have wanted a gun then!
islamicalert.com...

atlasshrugs2000.typepad.com...

What if this victim in Gosling Park Australia had had a gun. I bet the criminals would not have said,” she was about to be "#ed Leb-style" and that she deserved it because she was an "Australian pig".”
www.freerepublic.com...
It seems like Australia should relax it’s gun laws!

top topics

join