It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Soul Trafficking & Losing Your Soul

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Hi,

First off let me say that this is pure Fiction..... at present.... but....

What if it were to become reality and you could trade in your Soul for somebody else's or just leave your Soul at the Soul Centre and walk away without one? (of course you can come back for your Soul at a later date)

Ok, i saw this Film called 'COLD SOULS' Filmed in 2009 and which can be viewed online or via your local blockbuster i'm sure and it was a great Film actually, comedy of sorts.... something worth thinking about... of course the Russians were involved in the trafficking of Souls
Who else?

Stars Paul Giamatti and here is a synopsis:

Synopsis :

Paul Giamatti stars as himself, agonizing over his interpretation of "Uncle Vanya." Paralyzed by anxiety, he stumbles upon a solution via a New Yorker article about a high-tech company promising to alleviate suffering by extracting souls. Giamatti enlists their service -- only to discover that his soul is the shape and size of a chickpea. His intention is to reinstate it once he survives the performance but complications ensue when a mysterious, soul-trafficking "mule" borrows Giamatti's stored soul for an ambitious, but unfortunately talentless, Russian soap-opera actress.

btw how can i put an image on this site without having to link to an external source?

[edit on 31-1-2010 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist]

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 08:37 AM
link   
That sounds similar to something I heard about 'souls' being teleported to the moon in some sort of soul vacume cleaner for evils means.

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Your "soul" as your "spirit" is you and is indivisible. If by "soul" mean an identity formed in a material context then an identity can be changed. Mental ideas or beliefs as in brainwashing or mind control. The spirit can, if subordinate to the mind be put on a leash temporarily but the spirit ultimately insists on freedom and will ultimately be free.

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by The_Archangel

I think it would depend on what type of Soul you have from your Life experience... i mean if by doing this you could leave your mental illness behind or your depression or simply just your false state at present it could well be a good thing... of course the downside is you would lose a lot too unless you could filter out the bits you didn't want... sort of like extracting parts of your memory (the parts you no longer want or need)

Anyway you should try and catch the Film if ya can

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   
I'm not convinced our souls are ours to begin with

Although that idea probably won't go down well with some

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   
As soon as I read your description it made me think of this

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I think losing your soul basically means becoming a slave. Losing your soul infinitely, becoming a slave for an infinite duration of time.

I wouldn't sell it, even as a joke, just on the off chance some trickster might be waiting around the corner with a pitchfork.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Your soul is yourself; You can't "leave" without your soul- you are your soul!

If you were to "leave your soul" at a trading post, your self would be at the post, while your body, separated from yourself, would be away from you.

At least that is assuming we have souls, which is what I believe.

As far as my beliefs go, I don't think any living thing can be "alive" without some kind of soul/spirit or life energy in it. The only time a soul is meant to permanently leave it's host body is when the host body is no longer capable of supporting it- death.

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Monts

True but my OP was truly Hyperthetical (at this time)!

Yes, i agree you would feel empty without a Soul just like in the film when Giamatti gave his Soul away he was saying that he felt empty and felt just nothingness, light....

top topics

join