It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Now Government Football Takeover!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Justice Dept.: Obama administration may take action on BCS
WASHINGTON (AP) -- The Obama administration is considering several steps that would review the legality of the controversial Bowl Championship Series, the Justice Department said in a letter Friday to a senator who had asked for an antitrust review.
In the letter to Sen. Orrin Hatch, obtained by The Associated Press, Assistant Attorney General Ronald Weich wrote that the Justice Department is reviewing Hatch's request and other materials to determine whether to open an investigation into whether the BCS violates antitrust laws.
"Importantly, and in addition, the administration also is exploring other options that might be available to address concerns with the college football postseason," Weich wrote, including asking the Federal Trade Commission to review the legality of the BCS under consumer protection laws.

sportsillustrated.cnn.com...

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Now Government Football Takeover!
I guess they have run out of things to spend our money on!
We don’t have enough money left to “Flip a Coin”!
Jiminy Cricket!
Ten yards and a cloud of BS>
I wonder how the rules would be changed?

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Bejing

This is a great overstepping of government authority. I have issues with the BCS, but to exert the force of government over it, would be immoral.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   
We are in 2 wars, and potentially 2 more in coming months. Our money is being devalued by the minute, and trillions in debt. Jobless numbers are going up everyday and week and month. People in Haiti still are hungry and homeless.
So dictating college football should be of great concern to our government...bunch of idiots.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   
This is great news! The BCS is a joke, and should be modified into a playoff system to guarantee FAIR COMPETITION! I like that Obama is a college sports fan, much better than the arabian horse riders and polo players of the true elites, lol.

Anyway, if we get a playoff system to determine the NCAA football FBS division champion, I predict it will be wildly successful and very very profitable. It will be one of those things that we look back with amazement that we didn't do it sooner (just like health care reform, incidentally).

Best,
Skunknuts

P.S. Does Drudge give all you Obama haters kickbacks for promoting whatever smear is on the topline at any given moment??

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by skunknuts

P.S. Does Drudge give all you Obama haters kickbacks for promoting whatever smear is on the topline at any given moment??

I don't read Drudge on purpose. Don't fool yourself. Those that oppose the president and his regime are not a homogeneous group. I am not conservative and am actively in protest against conservatism.

I just do not think violence solves problems. Government derives its power from a monopoly of the use of violence.

To think that the government should change the BCS rules is absolutely ridiculous. The BCS should change itself because the rules suck and most people do not like them.

This is great news! The BCS is a joke, and should be modified into a playoff system to guarantee FAIR COMPETITION!

So the governments job is to ensure fair competition in sports? What?! That must be in Article 9 in the U.S. Constitution.

I like that Obama is a college sports fan, much better than the arabian horse riders and polo players of the true elites, lol.

I like this about him as well. College football rules. I really caught the fever when I started going to college (Ohio State). Go Bucks!

top topics

join