It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time to start researching global 'sun block': scientist

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Time to start researching global sun block?????

I found this, this morning, and i couldn't believe what i was reading, as anyone else seen this? are these people mad or what?

In view of the latest scandal after scandal, gate after gate, can these scientists really be thinking of doing this? It has been proven that Global warming now Climate change is a natural cyclical event, it has been happening both cool and warm for millions of years, and thats not just a band wagon idea, that comes from personally looking at the real science of climate change. and in view of the lies uncovered in the IPCC's 2007 report, which in my opinion should be torn up and thrown in the bin, why cant these so called scientists see there is no problem, and to go mucking about with some kind of sun blocking chemicals can only lead to bad things for the planet and for human kind, i mean who knows what the chemicals will do to us. I value others opinions on this, though im sure i will be slammed for saying global warming is not an issue.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by neo5842

Geoengineering would lead to less precipitation and less evaporation. It could also weaken monsoon rains and winds.

But he warns that geoengineering is so simple and inexpensive that unless countries start talking about it, someone’s likely to go it alone. Any country, big or small, could simply contract the services needed to salt the air with any one of a number of sun-blocking chemicals that would change the entire globe.

link

Weakening vital Monsoon climate patterns could be a recipe for war/conflict with India and China .
Before engaging in any geo-engineering we would want to know the full ramifications of our actions well in advance .

Those rains are vital for agriculture , feed / employ and power (hydro dams) large swathes of Asia .

Dangerous ground ..........

join