It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Illusion Conclusion

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Who are we ? Should that be a simple question? Is it? Are we just the believers of an absolute illusion? Are we just an illusion? What can be the truth of an Illusion?

Illusion --- Something that decieves. That which perpetuates a false perception of reality.

To say we are an Illusion, isn't saying we are a lie? Is this the conclusion that Metaphysics, Quantum mechanics, Philosophy and Psychology have reached. I hear this all the time, that reality is just an illusion. If life is just an illusion, then it must mean we are outside of reality. We have tricked ourselves into believing this is the true reality. No doubt this is our world. With manskinds
greatest thinkers coming to this conclusion.

The illusion conclusion.

Most scientists, simply do not want to ackknowledge an after life as the true reality. That would mean we must consider a God. All they seem to have done
( thru how much research and money spending) is perpetuate a differtent label for a truth the Bible has been telling us for thousands of years.

What is a person supposed to think, when their being told by, what are supposedly these
great minds. There is no God, there is no life after death. Oh, and by the way, this life we are
all leading,. is just an illusion. WTF is that?

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   
This is simple in concept. The Eastern mystics tell us that our *perception* of reality in many cases is illusory. As humans we are dramatically limited by the bandwidth of our senses and the primitive structure of our brains. That is why SETI has been so unsuccessful in making contact with extra terrestrial life forms for instance.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   
I'm pretty sure the Bible isn't the only thing advocating a higher or eternal nature.

If reality and life are illusions, it is also reasonable to say that reality and life are collectively inside us. We need not be separate from it, even if it is an illusion. Additionally, "illusion" does not imply, as I have seen many write, that it does not exist, only that the perception is not fully indicative of its true nature. We are fooling ourselves into believing that we are nothing but the collection of particles into the human form that we view in the mirror.

[edit on 1/29/2010 by EnlightenUp]

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Bordon81

So what you just told me, is we have an unreal or deceptive perception of
reality, according to Budism. So does that mean they do not have this
deception to contend with?

enlightenup
So physicality requires an assembly of atoms. So atoms do exist?
I never said the Bible was an only source. I know it is not. I didn't mean to imply.

[edit on 29-1-2010 by randyvs]

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
So physicality requires an assembly of atoms. So atoms do exist?

If accepts a material reality as the only reality, thus the only basis for existence, then one must accept that the atoms exist as an actuality. Reality and the atoms (or more generally the physical per se) are equivalent.

If one takes the position that there is a supreme reality above this, then atoms can simply be a simulation of sorts (computer, dream, avatar of higher order, etc.) that appear to undergo interactions in a predictable way.

I never said the Bible was an only source. I know it is not. I didn't mean to imply.

Understood.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by EnlightenUp

I'm interested to hear your answer to the first question then.

Who are we?

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   

I'm interested to hear your answer to the first question then.

Who are we?

I AM/the supreme reality/the source, collectively. We became involved and forgot about it. The task is to remember.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   

The task is to remember.

A grand task to be sure. To remember what individually we have never known. How do you remember, that which you have never known?
This then is the riddle, of our existence.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   

A grand task to be sure. To remember what individually we have never known. How do you remember, that which you have never known?
This then is the riddle, of our existence.

I'm more inclined to the say that we already know and always knew. It is an unknown known. We just tend to avoid being still enough to get back in touch. Our hectic lives and material obsessions interfere with that. We forget we have everything already.

From my perspective, the Bible explains all this, perhaps repeatedly, in various levels of encoding whereas the Eastern philosophies tend to just get to the point as best they can. Jesus was trying to get his followers to recognize the divinity in ourselves and reconnect.

Of course, I lean a bit toward the gnostic, occult and esoteric side of things. I'm not sure if you and I have that in common (as in: I am ignorant on the matter).

[edit on 1/29/2010 by EnlightenUp]

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Of course, I lean a bit toward the gnostic, occult and esoteric side of things. I'm not sure if you and I have that in common (as in: I am ignorant on the matter).

I'll say this. By nature I am curious about Solomons methedology in the use and control he had over the occult/demons.
At the same time, t would not tread where I might disrespect, for lack of knowledge.

new topics

top topics

join