It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama smirking, Congress laughing at/with him-Global Warming

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 02:06 AM
link   
What is everyone's view on this section of the State of the Union Address?

I list a few of the tactics used in the covered video. By claiming all argument over and by overwhelming scientific proof, our President could be one of the best ATS non-debaters (obfuscatory and deceptive arguments) out there.

Ignoratio elenchi (also known as irrelevant conclusion[1] or irrelevant thesis) is the informal fallacy of presenting an argument that may in itself be valid, but does not address the issue in question. "Ignoratio elenchi" can be roughly translated by ignorance of refutation, that is, ignorance of what a refutation could logically be; "elenchi" (genitive singular of the Latin elenchus) is from the Greek ἔλεγχος, meaning an argument of disproof or refutation.

Diverts attention away from a fact in dispute rather than address it directly. Tactic.

popular sentiment (argumentum ad populum--appeal to the majority; appeal to loyalty.)

Everyone knows the facts. Tactic.

I am sure, a couple of other fallacies are being used in this video.

Here is the video in question-

I have been thinking of going through the State of the Union and trying to find all of the fallacious statements.

I thought better because that would probably be a lifetime job.

[edit on 1/29/2010 by endisnighe]

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 02:16 AM
link   
"yea , lets just laugh it off and make those out there who believe in anything different look like fools".

Good tactic.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 02:41 AM
link   
If there is overwhelming evidence, why did they change it from Global Warming to Climate Change....

Why is there proof that GW's poster boy(Al Gore for those who don't know.) was busted Photoshopping images of earth?
Link on photoshopping here

Why is there an overwhelming evidence from TOP scientists to state contrary to what the GW crowd state..

Why is those email that hacker aquired so damning to the GW community..

Why is it that they supposedly change the reason GW is cause of CO2 to water vapor?

These are all changes and happenings in the last 6 months.. I can only go on that cause I can give a crap less only involved cause it ties politically around that Cap - n - Trade they wanna force us into..

::EDIT::

Needed to add link to fake photoshopping.

Then we have things like this..

ALARMIST'S WARMING PREDICTIONS WRONG, AGAIN

Link

You may remember newspaper headlines and TV news stories last spring that the Arctic Ice Cap would likely disappear in 2008 for the first time in recorded history. The entire global warming community was abuzz with excitement and waited with bated breath for the certain event to occur. They were salivating in the blogosphere at the prospect of having another bombshell to drop on the world when the ice would disappear in the Arctic. However, like an increasing number of their doom and gloom prophecies, they were wrong. It never happened.

I donno but the GW/CC cant get things straight.

[edit on 1/29/2010 by ThichHeaded]

new topics

join