It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

obama caves on KSM trail

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   
obama does not even have the courage of his convictions(if he even has any).

9/11 Trial: White House Orders Justice Department To Look For Other Places For 9/11 Trial

the huffpo twitter

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 09:24 PM
link   

BREAKING: Holder Ordered to Find New Venue for KSM Trial?

The White House has ordered the Department of Justice to find alternative sites for the Khalid Sheikh Mohammed trial, the Daily News is reporting. The move came after a call from Mayor Michael Bloomberg to Attorney General Eric Holder. Bloomberg, who initially supported a Lower Manhattan trial, was influenced by a behind-the-scenes campaign to change the venue led by New York police commissioner Ray Kelly and area business leaders. "What turned this around was when Ray made a presentation to the Police Foundation," the source said. "Everyone went from thinking, 'Justice will be served' to thinking 'We are screwed.'"

link

obama strikes again.This guy doesn't know if he's coming or going.

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by genius/idoit

or maybe it's part of him backing up his words last night and actually trying to work with everyone...

oh wait what am I saying..Obama is doing something...it must be wrong.

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by iamsupermanv2

Well if your going to take that position, he already did something wrong by trying to have the trail in NY city.Kinda reminds me of Healthcare,cap and tax Guitmo.....global.....warming......zzzzzz

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 09:39 PM
link   

the position that I heard something new out of the guy that actually sounded sincere for once...yes, I am taking that position.

I'm not saying he did right with his original plan, but why take shots when things are starting to change to what the other side wants?

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by iamsupermanv2

It goes to the original reason I didn't want obama as president.He doesn't have the character for the job.
You know me, that has been my position all along.
That is why his policies are flawed and all of them should fail.

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Obama: Lets get these guys to trial once and for all...lets do it in NYC
Reps: noo, dont do that, we are scared of them
Obama: ok, well lets find a different place then
Reps: you pu@@y

When will Obama simply give the middle finger to the right and tell em to man up verses doing thing that make them less scared of their own shadow.

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Exactly my thoughts.

I did not vote for the guy, but expect the best out of him. My main problem with him so far has been his seemingly little care for the right's POV...now it seems like he is serious and putting some thought behind things it seems like the Right is going to harpoon him for flip flopping.

Party politics...aint it a stinker.

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Who gives a # at what location the sham trial is held, assuming it will be? Makes no difference. KSM and his cohorts are merely frightened, willing enough ACCOMPLICES in a much larger, much more involved crime. Who in their RIGHT mind really believes KSM alone could have masterminded such a thorough demolition of skyscrapers that defied the laws of physics (per the OS) AND left no trace of a Boeing 757 at the Pentagon, and on and on and on... ? Fricking nightmare cyborg computer simulation this whole #house is, to those who actually believe the garbage...

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   
If true, this appears to be in response to requests by people who would be, directly, affected by the presence and costs of the massive security undertaking. Not in response to political pressure.

Good on him, if he is listening to those people.

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 11:32 PM
link   

I know where they should move the trial. - Gitmo -
Put the underwear bomber there also!

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012

I know where they should move the trial. - Gitmo -
Put the underwear bomber there also!

No, you're the real genius ...

and another one (of obama's ideas) bites the dust ...

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Well, I guess I have to alter my previous opinion. This could turn out to be all politics, after all.

www.foxnews.com...

The White House denied a New York Daily News report that it ordered the Department of Justice to find a new location for the trials...

...senior administration officials confirm alternative trial locations are being sought because Congress is almost sure to deny President Obama the funds necessary to conduct the trials...

Should we be prepared for the blame game, soon? "I tried to do it, but those damn obstructionist Republicans".

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   
I don't see how he can it was his party that put the kibosh on it.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   
We're going to hold the trial in New York

Everyone: RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE!!!!!!!

Okay... we'll hold the trial somewhere else

Everyone: RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE!!!!!!!

Good for Barack to actually do the right thing and start listening to the sane and logical.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by CuriousSkeptic

I would applaud him if I thought he did it by choice.It is however nice to know he can be controlled.

Side note; How goes the scrabble?

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by WTFover

I think there is a story behind the story that we are not hearing about.
- Bottom line -- KSM gets tried in Gitmo.
We can spend the $200 Million on a new bridge somewhere.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
It's also 1 less nightmare for the democrats this November 2010.
Too little - too late.....the GOP tsunami wave is heading towards Washington D.C.
and it looks like Sarah Palin is bringing the Tea Party members with
her. Nancy Pelosi will be washed away.

[edit on 30-1-2010 by Eurisko2012]

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Actually, the reports say there is bi-partisan opposition. But, he has blamed the Reps for the failures of his other agendas, even though they haven't had the votes to actually stop anything. Believe me, it will come.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by WTFover

Oh I don't doubt it,but it is ridiculous!

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Their attempt to put the CIA and others entirely unrelated to KSM or the terrorists accused of involvement in the attacks of 9/11 on trial in New York City failed.

They caved to the power and will of completely corrupt agencies and an unstoppable war machine.

Like 9/11 conspiracy theorists they were crazy to even attempt to do this.

On the bright side (depending on your perspective) the Obama administration has caved in to the will of the real powers that be, and is now fully under their control.

<<   2 >>

join