It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mass Effect 2 - a great mind opener to what may be out there

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 11:35 PM
link   
It's not "just a game", it's a game that has completely broadened the horizons for "games" to come. I mean, it's just that good.

I haven't seen a good movie in years (let alone a space opera..), that ever captured me as much as this game and it's predecessor does. Both games are intertwined and this one follows your decisions from the first. Who lives, who dies, what you did, it all carries over with your save files. That's over 70 hours of peerless interactive storytelling. You don't just watch cutscenes for 30 hours, you are the cutscenes, because every dialogue is one that you interact with.

I've been playing games for 20 years, and this right here is probably the best I've ever played in terms of an engaging plot and characters.

No movie has ever wrapped me up like this, and I would have to go back decades into classic film to compare and fill that gap. It's a touch of Blade Runner, a bit of Star Wars, a hint of Star Trek, etc.. maybe a little "too much" of everything, but it carves it's own identity and you are never left questioning it's originality.

The worst thing about this game is that it ends.. but it's still a trilogy, so I've got that to look forward to.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Both Mass Effect games were amazing. I wish it was real. I think it gave me Avatar Syndrom.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by genma

G'day genma

As much as I enjoy gaming.....

I'm not sure this thread belongs in the Aliens / UFO forum.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

Sorry to bump an old thread but I am currently playing the first Mass Effect, and wanted to mention one of the extra downloadable episodes they made to compliment the game.

This mission, called 'Bring Down the Sky' is centered around a place called Terra Nova, which is basically the first extrasolar planet the humans managed to settle on following their discoveries of FTL travel which they call 'Mass Effect' (the game is set in the 22nd century).

Terra Nova is pretty much identical to Earth, in fact the picture they use on the game is the same as the one they use to represent Earth.

So, the backstory is that some evil race has hijacked an asteroid, added some kind of rocket boosters to enable the comet to settle into the orbit of Terra Nova, they then plan on smashing the asteroid into the planet, causing death and destruction to the colony. Unbelievable, right?

I had to chuckle as I started playing this mission, as a few days previous I was reading how Comet Elenin was heading towards Earth which is being followed by a UFO, apparently NASA know about it but don't want to tell anyone.

Life imitating art, or the other way around?
edit on 5-5-2011 by ParanoidAndr0id because: typo

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join