It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A call for one world government

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I for one think it is time for a one world government. I know that saying this may bring on the flames, but this is my feeling. I will attempt to convince you that this is the best course of action, not for nation states, not for the individual, but for the collective, the race as a whole. I know that this may be distasteful for some, but I do feel that it will make us stronger as a people. I will show problems, and offer several solutions. I will try to site evidence of problems, and examples of solutions. I do ask that as a whole you refrain from comment until I have finished. I suspect that this may bleed onto a few posts. The post will be written as if I have some how gotten a hold of absolute power.

Problem 1: Overpopulation.

Overpopulation is an issue that I have seen mentioned a few times here on ATS. I find the idea of mass murder distasteful I think that the best way to cure over population is two fold. Forced relocation to 'Hive Cities' and the colonizitation of other celestial bodies. As you know the human population is growing with out end. As of 28 Jan 2010 the human population is 6,799,100,000 (EST by the US Census Bureau note1). It is getting to the point where the land is not able to handle the growth of human needs. I feel that the supposed need for land is not only out dated, but foolish. A family of five, 2 adults and 3 children, does not require one square mile of land. A farmer on the other hand could put this land to good use. I feel that is most of the human population was moved into hives, the ecological impact on the local area would be devastating if you used systems developed when it was still authorized to dump waste into open rivers and lakes. If we however use emerging technologies, like solar capture membranes, stacking wind turbines, and kinetic energy generators, the hive could produce most of its own energy. I feel that and land that could be used for agricultural use should be, and that only marginal or useable land should be used for Hives. If the world were united under one government borders would mean nothing, that way a hive could be build in the far north or south, or even deserts and food would only cost enough to cover the cost of transportation and growth. (See note 2 for links about Hives)

If we could all unite under one rule, this would do away with the need to come up with useless defense tech, and allow us to focus on ways to colonize space. I would imagine that with the use of Lagrain(sp) points we could build colony cylinders that would be able hold a vast population. If build correctly you could use sub light drives, like ion drives to spread humans all over the universe. A colony tube would have simulated gravity, thru spin. Food, via nano engineered food creation vats, and air, by way of kelp farms and forests inside of the tube. One tube could take over 100 years to make operational and safe, but it would be well worth it to try and get people off of this rock and on to others. I firmly believe that by allowing people to study is they wish more varied and inventive tech could be brought to fruition. I do not think that boarders make that much of a positive difference in the production of technology today. (See note 3 about technology and space colonies)

Problem 2: War and Strife

War has become safer in recent years. I know that this may sound odd, but we no longer firebomb entire cities to ash like we did 60 years ago. We not have the ability to place a munition into a target roughly the size of a cat flap. If we do away with nation state and form a one world human empire, I feel that the level of war will drop to almost nil. Of course an armed force will be required to maintain order and quell rebellions from time to time, but by and large, the vast amount of money and material used to maintain the world’s military can be better put to use building up human society.

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Obinhi

Very progressive idea.

I don't know if you're finished with the post yet, but I like what you have said so far.

I think one world government is the next logical step in our societal evolution.

Colonization of space will have to be done by a united race of humans rather than a motley collection of government factions.

Regardless of its questionable feasibility, this is the kind of thinking we need.

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I feel that if you give people jobs and a free house then you prevent most people from getting involved in crime and rebelious activities. This is not to say that people will not rebel, but giving them something to do, some place to sleep, and affordable varied food will go along way to help.

Governement: How to rule.

Right now we have the technology to do public referendum on any topic. I feel that this is the way forward. Political parties will be banned as people should be free to vote as they will, not on party lines. Technology now is able to get the word out about political issues, so the funding that parties allow is slowly becomeing a non issue. This is not to say that no one will be in charge. The would will be devided into AORs and one person will be required to oversee all growth in the area. Faliue will be met with a fair penatly. For example, falure due to illegal activity will be met with a harsh punishment, where as a failure due to unforeseen events will be understood and allowed to happen sometimes.

The government will have total control to regulate all matters. This is not to say that the governemnt will keep files so to speak on everyone. But the government will track all trend and try to correct them.

I will answer any questions about this that you choose to post.

[edit on 28-1-2010 by Obinhi]

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   
First of all, it is hard enough finding someone to run a country that is not ego driven. Now what would happen if we did go to a one world government and they put someone into power who was ego driven? What would we have then? At least with smaller countries the ego driven leader can be held at bay so as to not affect the rest of humanity, but that itself is not a given. So how is putting one person in charge of everything going to help? Will there be insurance to guard against this? I don`t believe so. Will you insure this will not happen? Electing someone to lead the whole world who is not corrupt or ego driven is in itself a gamble. Do you want to run that risk? I don`t. At least the way things are now, we have other countries who can keep the corrupt ones in check. I don`t want to risk that with a one world government.

Edit to add:

When you get rid of the ruling factions, such as the Rothchilds and the Rockefellers, and any other PBT, then and only then, will you stand a slim chance of this working. The problem right now is, humanity is to easily corruptible, and finding one who will not be corrupted is also a big gamble. We are a race of egos at this time, and only when we learn to put ego behind us, will you have a one world government.

[edit on 28-1-2010 by FiatLux]

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   
i don't think anyone would argue that a world government could lead to many great things. The problem is who would govern? that's the issue everyone has. Is seems quite evident that a world government could be with us in the near future, but the one that's coming needs to be stopped purely because it will be run by murderous tyrants.
Instead of trying the argue that it's a good idea, think about and then argue if it's a good idea with the ones who run the show currently.

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by FiatLux

I feel that if we abolish political parties in this new world order much of the strife will go with it. Humans need to leave old ways behind. Religion, Tribalism, the concept of land ownership. All need to be abandoned. That being said, a cull of the non compliers will not be a problem to bring them in line. Again, I feel that if you get rid of the lines between countries you get rid of the strife. The reason for nukes, bio and chem weapons evaporates.

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by sayzaar
i don't think anyone would argue that a world government could lead to many great things. The problem is who would govern? that's the issue everyone has. Is seems quite evident that a world government could be with us in the near future, but the one that's coming needs to be stopped purely because it will be run by murderous tyrants.
Instead of trying the argue that it's a good idea, think about and then argue if it's a good idea with the ones who run the show currently.

I feel that communications have advanced to the point where it would not be hard to secure a system to allow refreundums on anything. Of course you would have high level burocrats manageing systems of supply and construction, but the need for leaders as such would be out dated.

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Obinhi

I made a similar topic on a different themed board several years back and was the biggest thread on the entire forum...
I guess it was really more of a troll even though I really do believe one world government is the answer...

As long as the PEOPLE are in control, not a global government ran by bankers, etc...

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by baphomet420

I do agree. I think that it should be more technocentric for of government. Allow the masses to vote on everything from what should be build, to how meny people should be used to populate the colonies on other planets. All of us are stronger then one of us. I would like to say that this is not a troll post, I really do belive that one world government is the correct way to go. But I think that much of what humans have come to accept, like political parties strangulation of lawmaking, corporations dictating law, and technology being suppressed by a lack of market space. Look at 4chan, you tube, facebook. People can self orgnize around a topic. We dont need structured parties and frats to dictate what is important.

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Obinhi

Understand, I have nothing against living in a world where we all share everything, but, not the way things are now. It would take a good amount of time to rid the world of the corrupt ways we have now. We do need to clean ourselves up morally and spiritually. But it does take time.

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I disagree. I do not think morals or spirt will help. Only technology will free us. I know that makes me sound like a technophile, but I will own that. As communication advances people are better able to self organize around a topic, and then dispurse when the issue is over.

I am under no illusion, bringing about a one world government will not be bloodless, but I think that it can be kept at a minimum if we all the entire world to decide what would be best to a point.

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Obinhi
I disagree. I do not think morals or spirt will help. Only technology will free us. I know that makes me sound like a technophile, but I will own that. As communication advances people are better able to self organize around a topic, and then dispurse when the issue is over.

I am under no illusion, bringing about a one world government will not be bloodless, but I think that it can be kept at a minimum if we all the entire world to decide what would be best to a point.

And I disagree with you. Putting the material things before the spiritual is not the way to go. Clean up the spirit and then things will fall into place as they should. Why do you think we are in the fix that we are? Because we have lost our spiritual side, and have put our thoughts into the material life.

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 11:47 PM
link   
I agree on a one world gov't to an extent, and that extent is the fact that "greed" would be its' greatest hinderence! Who would have the wisdom to govern as "one"? Who would have the will to not appease their own country's people over anothers?

This and many other parameters could never be met, thus making a one world gov't totally impotent and non-desireable.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 06:01 AM
link   
I know this one has been brought up so often it makes you puke but

"power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely".

This holds true for every social structure - from small communities up to whole superstate blocks like the EU. The European Union was just born and the first corruption scandals arose. They sold us the EU as a magical tool to bring together the european nations, but what has happened? We have lost our sovereignty, the EU became a corrupt and bureaucracy-ridden hole for all those politics that are expendable in their home countries and the EU itself became a slave to globalized imperialism.

I honestly do not think that mankind is made for the one happy "we love us all" family thing - or else there would be no Guantanamo, no Iraq and Aghanistan wars, no torture, killing of innocent civilians, mutilation of children in war zones and all the other side effects of our aggressive and dominant nature.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   
One world govt cannot exists for mankind, simply because of our diversity, based on our evolution of civilisation.

No society on Earth begins at the same starting point and have homogenous beliefs. It is such beliefs that creates cultures and traditions we all hold dear and cling on to, when something goes wrong in our lives and seek for solutions, by looking back on past experiences from ancestors. Traditions - created from making mistakes and correcting them, are mankind's solace.

The Chinese civilisation had Confuciunism and taoism. The Greeks with their philosophies and adopted by early Romans. The Indians with Hinduism and Buddhism. Constantinople Rome with Christianity leading to British, Russian and American's faith.

Communism sought to eradicate such beliefs, by wiping out forcefully traditions, and failed miserably. Look at powerful states - USSR and China. They failed and ended up murdering millions and traditions never did die out.

Facism under Hitler failed miserably.

Mankind are not robots, with one track minds. Yes, money is important, as is earning a living too. But there are many honest ways to earn a living. Biz degrees are one, Car repair another. Artists, lawyers, doctors, writers, etc creates our diversity and enliven up our world.

Such diversity cannot exist and will not be allowed to exist within a one world govt, that seeks for conformity and homogenity that must be of robotic automatons, ultimately only end up creating a master/slave society.

Any free person enjoys the drab grey tones of attempted commie homogenity, from dressing to buildings? What have you missed?

No. NWO style is not the way to go. Better we have a collection of nation states, each with a representative voice to decide the fate of mankind for the good of all, with education for all, so that no one gets left behind.

It will be education that will save mankind. Education of the kind that not only teaches maths and science, but history unvarnished so that the next generation will know what mistakes we this and past generations had made, and seek to never repeat it again, for the welfare of all humankind.

Right now, eglitarianism is the only way. To go for utitarianism to make heterogenous humankind conform to NWO ideals is to create genocide on a massive scale. China and USSR are living examples.

Today, base on my qualifications, I may escape culling, but not my family, relatives, friends,You and yours. Should I allow you and mine, those we care for and love, to die, just because we are tired to fight for enlightenment and evolution on egalitarian terms?

Tomorrow, it may be my turn to be culled, if the bar is raised as it eventually will in an utilitarian society, a polite term for jungle society with jungle laws.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

I disagree, but then If I agreed with you I would not have started this thread.

Neda Agha-Soltan

This single event turned public opinion against Iran in about an hour. 30 years ago, not a single outside would have known about this. Why can she same technology that alerted the world to this event not be used to allow the world to vote as a whole on what to do next, with the resources of the planet, the the population, with the money, the labour, the birth rate, the reserch funding. If you allow global referendum, do you not, by defult, have world government?

top topics

join