It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

By the Numbers: Obama's First Year

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 09:27 AM
link   

An analysis of President Obamas first 12 months in office. Watch the stock market, unemployment, and Obamas approval rating change as he governs.

www.youtube.com...

It was a tough first year for Obama, I hope that the following years will be much better for him. One bright note, Obama only spent 26 days on vacation this year, less than Bush did during his first year in office.

What keeps killing Obama's ratings? How will he improve? What will change America's opinion that we are going in the wrong direction?

[edit on 1/27/2010 by whatukno]

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 09:37 AM
link   
I like the format of the video- modern, comprehensive, and entertaining.

I think his numbers would improve if he opted to go away or replace public drinking water country-wide with Obama brand Kool-Aid. One of the two.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 09:37 AM
link   
I don't know when we Americans are going to get it. It really doesnt matter who is President. Congress has ALL of the power.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Submarines

I don't know when we Americans are going to get it. It really doesnt matter who is President. Congress has ALL of the power.

This is true, Congress does have a lot of power, but people need someone to blame and that has, and always will be the President.

It makes people feel better when they can say stuff like "drink the Obama Kool Aid." Insinuating that the President is a mass murdering cult leader like Jim Jones.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Submarines

I have been saying that for years, Look in 2006 Congress was controlled by the Dems, Yet Bush managed to get ever item he wanted through congress, Now Obama is the Man, he is having a very hard time getting anything through there.

I think Congress (dems) are setting him up to be a scapegoat, The man who was campaining is not the same man who is in the White House, Where did he go?

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by poedxsoldiervet

Of course he is the scapegoat. Congress is going to point the finger at him for everything. The only thing Congress is really worried about is that they keep the power that they have.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Your right, What we most do, is demand an amendment that limits there terms to office, Corruption would go down dramatically.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Oh yeah. Congress has aaaaalll the power riiiight. (LMAO)

That's right congress is commander in chief. Congress appoints the litany of Secretaries and unofficial Czars. Congress appoints Supreme court judges. Congress nominates the Federal Reserve Chairman and the Board of directors and district presidents. Congress writes Executive Orders. Congress has veto power. Riiiight.

And whatuKNO- obviously the voters were on something to support this phony in election year. He needs more of that blind support (kool-Aid). So whether or not you have a problem with the "Kool-aid" cliche, those are my two answers to your question. 1. he goes away. 2 Massive brain-washing campaign to prevent Americans from perceiving the reality of this failure.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by poedxsoldiervet

Your right, What we most do, is demand an amendment that limits there terms to office, Corruption would go down dramatically.

I'm with you! But the problem is that most of the career politians will never let that happen. These people are in office for no other reason than for themselves. They are paid well, have perks out the ying yang, and end their careers as very wealthy people. AND they are taken care of for life with medical beneifits and really nice pension. I have asked the following question for many years.....
Why would someone spend MILLIONS of dollars for a sixty thousand dollar per year job?

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   

It makes people feel better when they can say stuff like "drink the Obama Kool Aid." Insinuating that the President is a mass murdering cult leader like Jim Jones.

And sorry for directly answering your question unlike others but it does not make me feel better. Likewise, I am not insinuating he is like Jim Jones but sorry for answering your mundane question. It was my honest answer.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   
I honestly believe that Obama has the highest 'interests of the average citizen vs. interests of the elites' ratio of any president during my lifetime. He's no Kucinich or Paul, but we need to stop with the black and white thinking that the Media encourages our collective unused to thinking critically brains. Obama (and all of us here should) knows that the TPTB could destroy the economy, create a false flag, etc., etc., so he has to play their game. He needs to be very careful, because just like we saw with JFK, if he gets too frisky, we all know the consequences. There is no way Obama is an embedded member of the elites (like the Bush family). I hope that us ATSrs will support, if not the man, policies (like too big to fail must end) that are in our collective self-interest.

Best,
Skunknuts

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Moonsouljah
Oh yeah. Congress has aaaaalll the power riiiight. (LMAO)

That's right congress is commander in chief. Congress appoints the litany of Secretaries and unofficial Czars. Congress appoints Supreme court judges. Congress nominates the Federal Reserve Chairman and the Board of directors and district presidents. Congress writes Executive Orders. Congress has veto power. Riiiight.

One of the Presidential titles is Commander In Chief. But only Congress has the right to declare war. All of the President's appointees have to be approved by Congress. Congress Can over-ride a Presiden't decision. And Congress can also throw a President out of office.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   

And Congress's ability to declare war was exercised so well when Bush walked in with his PNAC buddies and said declare war.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Congress did not have to declare war. Why did they?

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   

False intelligence that came from the EXECUTIVE BRANCH.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   
That intel did not come from the executive branch. And no one seems to remember that the intelligence (as faulty as it was) was also confirmed by 60 other intelligence agencies around the world.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Moonsouljah

And sorry for directly answering your question unlike others but it does not make me feel better. Likewise, I am not insinuating he is like Jim Jones but sorry for answering your mundane question. It was my honest answer.

I do appreciate your answer. However contrived and droll it is. It's rather tiresome to see people repeatedly spout FOX dogma over and over again as if it's something they thought of themselves.

The problem that I have with the "Kool-Aid cliché" is that 900 people died because Jim Jones forced them to drink Kool Aid laced with cyanide. Now, no one forced anyone to vote for Obama, and there aren't piles of dead Obama supporters in the streets, so the cliché is inaccurate to say the least, and offensive to people like me who took the time to research the candidates and made our decision based on the facts at hand.

As to your other answer, Obama quitting and leaving his job, well, as I have said before, just because Palin did it, doesn't make it a good idea. Listen, if for some weird stupid reason Obama quit as POTUS, who would that leave in charge? Joe Biden, of the lesser of the two evils in that scenario which would you rather have running the executive branch?

Again, I appreciate you answering my questions, I do disagree with them, but that's my opinion of your opinion.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno

This is true, Congress does have a lot of power, but people need someone to blame and that has, and always will be the President.

Jim jones killed only 900+, obama and his dc mafia GOP/DNC cult have killed, kidnapped, poisoned and tortured many more in afpakiraqistan and yemen.

Cult: followers of an exclusive system of religious beliefs and practices.

The unconditional loyalty the parties and their dear leaders have manipulated via propaganda & brainwashing, is as freakish and effective as any religion.. the GOP/DNC cultists continue to support their war mongering, nation ruining, violence for profit exporting, police state, proto-fascist dear leader oligarch puppets.. hows that different than supporting a sociopath like jim jones?

How is following one reckless irresponsible freak liar any different than following a group of reckless irresponsible freak liars?

The only advantage the GOP/DNC cults have over jim jones: better PR.. otherwise their recruitment, chronic lying, brainwashed followers and deadly behavior are not all that different... jones should have used a drone to summarily slaughter people after calling them a name like "terrorist".. that type of insanity is somehow justified because the DC mafia cult leaders and their MSM PR team say so.

As far as obama being a failure, not so.. wall street and the military industrial complex are pretty stoked, laughing their way to the bank. obamas cousin dick and his lackey gw are free not worried in the least at facing war crimes or torture charges; as borat would say "great success".

Yea obama might have failed "the people", this is nothing new.. his oligarch controllers don't give flick of feces about the surfs... they know their GOP/DNC cult leaders will rally & manipulate the divided surfs come election time.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by GovtFlu

The unconditional loyalty the parties and their dear leaders have manipulated via propaganda & brainwashing, is as freakish and effective as any religion.. the GOP/DNC cultists continue to support their war mongering, nation ruining, violence for profit exporting, police state, proto-fascist dear leader oligarch puppets.. hows that different than supporting a sociopath like jim jones?

Good point, I expect that the difference is over time the leaders of the so called DC cult (in a sense, you are correct it is a cult) change over time. While religious cults follow one sociopath even after that one sociopath's death, the DC cult changes leadership.

How is following one reckless irresponsible freak liar any different than following a group of reckless irresponsible freak liars?

Well, subtle differences include the fact that these DC cults are inclusive and not exclusive. The DC cults want more followers, and include them in droves, but like a traditional cult, the unwashed masses never see the inner sanctum. And unlike traditional cults, the DC cult probably won't end in a mass suicide.

It still tires me to no end to hear people drone on and bad mouth Obama using tired and worn out (already) Fox News Dogma, it's repeated ad nauseam. What this kind of repetitious verbal diarrhea shows me is a person who indeed is just as brainwashed, as those they complain about on the other side of the political aisle.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   
I like it OP!

Things sure have changed for Obama over this past year, eh?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join