It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could we use the Examiner to get the word out? Someone already did.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Someone finally gets it!

It seems the story is starting to leak out even through some MSM sources (OK, it’s just the Philly Examiner but it’s a start). People are finally starting to awaken to the corporate totalitarian state we’re all living under.

This is the best job of summing up our current situation I’ve ever seen in any (semi) MSM source.

Instead of an economy based on creating things including ultimately wealth, in the new privatized Corporate State, what keeps things going is a state of perpetual war. A war on Terror is ideal for this purpose. We have no borders and no state and we have left open the whole idea of defining what a terrorist is as we go along, so their is no end to the list of enemies we can create to keep this all going.

This is war as a corporate business plan. To back the new Totalitarian Corporate State up, we have the privatized army and security state a la Blackwater.

The privatization is very well along if you think about it. We have given the Corporate state Carte Blanche, with the USA Patriot Act to spy on all of us under the rubric of keeping us safe from terrorism. As you begin to think of bank fee's and interest rates on credit as a form of taxation, you will begin to get in the swing of seeing how we have been taken over and our freedom reigned in almost without our notice.

The Corporate Elite keep up the fiction of a functional Democracy because they need the fiction. As long as we are duped into believing we still matter, we will settle for all the phony moral posturing pretending that this is meaningful debate. The money that buys the government means you and I are meaningless pawns but we get to pretend on blowhard Talk Radio that someone listens and someone cares what we think. It is little more than the steam valve on a boiler.

Wolin notes that unlike past totalitarian states what holds Corporate Totalitarianism in place is the isolated Individualism that it fosters because that keeps us disorganized. In the Corporate State each of us is completely anonymous. Even our entertainment is increasingly solitary. I recently crossed a statistic where today's teen spends more time with imaginary characters in video games than they do with real people. Without social skills real relationships that might produce resistance crumbles as it does when Corporations privatize our public education system.

Older forms of Totalitarianism always had a charismatic leader and a revolutionary underpinning. Corporate Totalitarianism claims to honor our democratic institutions of electoral politics, freedom, and the Constitution. It so manipulates and corrupts the levers of power that Democracy ceases to function.

Anyone who dissents is attacked or marginalized by our fake media. Even what passes for News is not trust worthy. They attack anyone as disloyal who attacks the Totalitarian orthodoxy such as Liberals, Unions and independent journalists. Notice how a voice of dissent is no more. Air America is off the air. Think that is a coincidence?

Hedges is correct. The Roberts Courts decision in Citizens United is just another brick in the wall transforming us from a Democracy to a Corporate totalitarian State. This is taking all of us Middle Class Americans from citizens to indentured servants but you will never hear a breath of it in the news.

Philadelphia Examiner

I couldn't have said it better myself. He even brought up some stuff even I wasn't aware of.

As muzzleflash pointed out, a recent Thread showed that ANYONE can post a story on the Examiner. Maybe even one of us!

Wouldn't it be great if we ATSers flooded this site with stories from alternative sources to wake up the masses?

(Based on muzzleflash's info I changed my title from "MSM covering the Corporate Totalitarian State?")

[edit on 27-1-2010 by FortAnthem]

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Sorry to pop your bubble but, Examiner is not the MSM lol.

You and I can become "Examiners" and post whatever we want...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

This thread explains exactly how Examiner.com works.

However, the article itself is actually true, imho. It's just an independent journalist though.

[edit on 26-1-2010 by muzzleflash]

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Aw Darn, The Examiner isn't really an MSM source.

It's still a great article though. I wish this guy could get published in a real MSM media outlet. For all we know he might be getting his info from here.

Edit to add: Thanks for the heads-up! I changed my title based on your info.

[edit on 26-1-2010 by FortAnthem]

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Based on the info you provided, I changed the title of this thread and moved it in another direction. I think it would be great if we could use the Examiner to spread the word about how REALLY corrupt our government has become.

Lets see if this gets any more interest.

[edit on 27-1-2010 by FortAnthem]

top topics

join