It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nicholas Flamel

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I have another thread in regards to the legendary Philosopher's Stone, or whatever you want to call it, and i want to dig into the subject of knowledge, discoveries and inventions of the past that didn't make it into modern life.
Nicholas Flamel was an interesting character and i wanted to know if anyone has input on the credibility of his story. Keep in mind that if you have not done research into the subject, please do us all a favor and keep your close-minded sarcasm to yourself.
I'm aware that 99% of people, even in the alchemy world, regard the Philosopher's Stone as mythical and that's that. I guess UFOs and depopulation is more popular these days.
Everything isn't at it seems and I believe there are medical wonders that have been suppressed by tptb, along with free energy, ancient knowledge (book burnings), along with God knows what.
Lets make this insightful ladies and gentlemen

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Don't know about this homonym of mine.
For what it is worth ... a few wiki link to begin with.

Nicholas_Flamel

Philosopher's Stone

Something to read this evening.

Chears

[edit on 26-1-2010 by grandnic]

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by EarthWanderer

Manly P. Hall wrote of Nicholas Flammel in his Secret Teachings of All Ages.

NICHOLAS FLAMMEL

In the latter part of the fourteenth century there lived in Paris one whose business was that of illuminating manuscripts and preparing deeds and documents. To Nicholas Flammel the world is indebted for its knowledge of a most remarkable volume, which he bought for a paltry sum from some bookdealer with whom his profession of scrivener brought him in contact. The story of this curious document, called the Book of Abraham the Jew, is best narrated in his own words as preserved in his Hieroglyphical Figures: "Whilst therefore, I Nicholas Flammel, Notary, after the decease of my parents, got my living at our art of writing, by making inventories, dressing accounts, and summing up the expenses of tutors and pupils, there fell into my hands for the sum of two florins, a guilded book, very old and large. It was not of paper, nor of parchment, as other books be, but was only made of delicate rinds (as it seemed to me) of tender young trees. The cover of it was of brass, well bound, all engraven with letters, or strange figures; and for my part I think they might well be Greek characters, or some such like ancient language. Sure I am. I could not read them, and I know well they were not notes nor letters of the Latin nor of the Gaul, for of them we understand a little.

www.sacred-texts.com...

There's a lot more, that was just the first paragraph.

[edit on 28-1-2010 by italkyoulisten]

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 01:08 AM
link   
I appreciate your input.

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   
I was always amused that J.K. Rowling used Flamel's name as a previous owner of the sorcerers'/philosophers' stone in the first Harry Potter book.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   
I believe Flamel could've created the Stone, but I came up with an interesting idea. I think it is possible that Hitler tried to create a Philosopher's Stone with the genocide of the Jewish people. It makes sense because he tried to do many other crazy experiments too. He was also sick with Parkinson's disease and the Stone would have cured him of that and give him eternal life. There's not much proof but it's just an idea.

top topics

join