It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Finally The Governator Has a Good Idea

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Arnold, Arnold, Arnold....please get back to making action movies. I need another Predator sequel buddy.

Finally he has a half-way interesting idea-

Send 'Em Back To Mexico Link

Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger suggested California could ease its crowded prison system by sending thousands of undocumented inmates to specially built jails in Mexico. Speaking to reporters at the Sacramento Press Club, Schwarzenegger said California could ease its strained finances by a billion dollars if 20,000 illegal immigrants currently held in the state were housed across the border.

"I think that we can do so much better in the prison system alone if we can go and take, inmates for instance, the 20,000 inmates that are illegal immigrants that are here and get them to Mexico," Schwarzenegger said. "Think about it -- if California gives Mexico the money. Not 'Hey, you take care of them, these are your citizens'. No. Not at all. "We pay them to build the prison down in Mexico. And then we have those undocumented immigrants down there in prison. It would half the costs to build the prison and run the prison. We could save a billion dollars right there that could go into higher education."

Your Thoughts?

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Ummmmmmm do you think Arnold may have an ATS account? Cause I just said this yesterday in a thread!!!! Well sort of the same thing: "the illegal immigrants in our prisons can be deported as far as I am concerned"Here is my post. Funny thing that. Everyone's B******* About the poor, whom this great capatilism was built on the backs of, but they all fail to see the drain on society all prisoners take. I agree. Good Going AHHHHHHH NOLD!!!!!

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 08:11 AM
link   
I am confused.

Why does the USA have to pay for the prison to be built in Mexico if they are Mexican nationals?

If they are not Mexican nationals than why not send them back to their respective nations?

And isn't it those respective nations responsibility to pay for their own anyway?

Maybe I am missing something here but I am afraid I am not. Maybe our government really is this retarded.

Oh yeah, they are this retarded. It's the government after all!

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 08:25 AM
link   
i believe the thinking here is if they did the crime here, they go through our criminal court system and face our punishments, citizen or not. As for the ones jailed for immigration issues, i believe they are deported.

I don't know much about Mexico's track record when it comes to prisons, but i imagine this would be one obstacle Arnold would have to overcome in Washington.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Signals

I have to agree with the previous poster. Why do we even need to put them in our prisons. The border is right there.

Pass a law that states, if you knowingly hire an illegal immigrant you will get 30 days for each offense.

End of problems. Now for the illegals that would stay, would mean they are doing more things illegal correct, unless of course they are entrepreneurs? If they are entrepreneurs, that is the spirit we want correct? So, if they are here to expand our countries spirit, great. If they are here to commit crimes, such as falsely applying for a job without the greencard.

Papers, where are your papers!?

There is that border thing again. One must have borders, or is there not? If not, why don't we have everyone in the world that has a medical problem, just fly over and go to the emergency room. Heck, we can afford it, since we are the US.

Sorry, went off topic there.

Having spent 5 years in CA lately, I will tell you AHHHHNOLD is an idiot. That state is slowly sinking into idiocy and nothing short of declaring bankruptcy and kicking every politician's ass out of there, is going to do any good.

Why does the US federal government's finances look an awfully a lot like California's?

edit to add-

What will be the name of the prison?NAUP-North American Union Prison!

[edit on 1/26/2010 by endisnighe]

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 09:22 AM
link   
I'm all for making the immigration process easier, faster, and better for people looking to come to the US, but I agree with this 100%. They shouldn't be using up our tax money when they're not here legally, AND they've done something else wrong.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   
You see California is bribing Mexico to build a prison so they can send them back. Simple.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by shadowkhas
I'm all for making the immigration process easier, faster, and better for people looking to come to the US, but I agree with this 100%. They shouldn't be using up our tax money when they're not here legally, AND they've done something else wrong.

I agree 100% that they shouldn't be using any of our tax money for people that aren't citizens. But if you look in the past, all war criminals or drug smugglers and the likes are put into US owned/operated prisons which are funded through our taxes. Now maybe they can draw a line separating petty crimes from major offenses as this would surely reduce the amount of immigrants in our prisons, granted they just deport the petty crime criminals.

top topics

join