It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New jetpack this year.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 04:55 AM
link   
Sorry if it has been posted. About 100 grand and out l8r this year.

www.youtube.com...

Yea I can't afford it.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 05:08 AM
link   
little bigger then i imagined it would be

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Correct me if i'm wrong, but this is not a "jet" pack - It's fan based. It looks similar to something called a "Trek Solo" i saw a couple of years ago, although the last i heard that particluar machine had not "got off the ground", so to speak, as they were still trying to get out of the ground effect and make it hover properly. This looks to be a bit more advanced.

The Trek machine was being marketed as the transport of the future, with military applications also. It's identical to this machine.

Their website is www.trekaero.com - you can see the machine i mean there, under the title "Springtail", in all it's military liveried glory.....

....and i can't afford one either...........

[edit on 26-1-2010 by BlueOrb]

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Three Words!!!

I WANT ONE!

LifENcircleS

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   
i wonder how high can it go and for how long can it sustain flight

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   
According to what I saw yesterday (I saw this story on Bill O'Reilly then searched for the video which is posted) he said as I recall 8000 ft off the ground.
This is THE JET PACK not a knockoff.

[edit on 26-1-2010 by ventian]

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by ventian

This is THE JET PACK ...

[edit on 26-1-2010 by ventian]

no, it isn't. since you referenced bill o`reilly then you really must view what the fox website has to say about the Martin Jetpack.

FoxNews

The Martin Jetpack is a personal helicopter. Its tradename calls it a "jet pack", but is not jet- or rocket-powered. It has been developed by Martin Aircraft Co. of New Zealand and was unveiled on July 29, 2008 at the Experimental Aircraft Association's 2008 AirVenture in Oshkosh, Wisconsin, USA. It is classified by the Federal Aviation Administration as an experimental ultralight airplane.

Wikipedia

despite having a tradename that has "jetpack" on it, we still should not disregard the fact that it is a helicopter. that would be the same as recognizing the Ford Lynx as an animal when it clearly isn't one.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Can't imagine waiting an hour at the DMV to renew my Jet Pack registration. But I would if I could!

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   
I saw this too, 8000 ft cieling, 40 mins fly time and a parachute.

But it weighs like 200lbs still, come in hot and you'll regret it!

top topics

join