It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Witch doctors causing rise in Ugandan child sacrifice

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 02:38 AM
link   
i came upon this morning and was pretty shocked that this goes on openly in some countrys today.
and i was just wondering if all those special people that go to bohimia grove go here for there holls

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 02:49 AM
link   
This is not a sacrifice. This is murder. They really need to crack down on what is happening over there. It's sickening.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 02:57 AM
link   
this is just crazy.More people should know about this,I agree with what ViperFox says.It is murder

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 03:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by ViperFoxBat
This is not a sacrifice. This is murder. They really need to crack down on what is happening over there. It's sickening.

Easier said than done. I used to live there.
There is an overlay of modernity, with mobile phones, fast food etc on the streets of Kampala, the capital.
But most people still live in huts down dirt tracks.
There is a mix of Islam and Christianity - American missionaries abound!
Uganda is the darling of the West as it is making an effort. It soaks up aid like a sponge. But scratch the surface and you are still talking about a primitive, tribal society. They are drafting a bill to make child sacrifice a capital offence. But the belief in the old ways goes right up to ministerial level.
If you want 'crazy', google Lords Resistance Army N Uganda. Children are abducted and often initiated by having to kill someone else. They are used as soldiers and sex slaves. People are mutilated - cutting off of noses, lips or ears is a favourite.

The big concern is why practices such as child sacrifice are apparently on the increase - despite organisations on the ground working to stop it, despite gradual 'modernisation' and greater access to western imports, despite attendance at churches which would put an average UK town to shame.

[edit on 26-1-2010 by unicorn1]

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Whose to say that these child sacrifices really aren't helping anything.

Maybe sacrificing children is the key?

Their ancient wisdom could be useful in these modern times of this weird technology age.

Sarcasm.

You can't stop this, it's like a lost cause, stopping ignorance, and stopping people from believing things is useless, if someone believes killing a child, I don't know, brings rain, they'll keep doing it, and if confronted with fact, their ego will turn it around full force so that they can keep from feeling feelings that they can't deal with, and continue on.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 08:58 AM
link   
This is another form of twisted religious fanaticism that can be witnessed throughout the world. They might use Voodoo rituals and Black Magic instead of more modern methods to practise their twisted beliefs, but innocent children are still being taken from their families and murdered.

new topics

top topics

join