It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats your Favorite Gun ,Post a pic

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by aorAki

Originally posted by DrumsRfun
reply to post by aorAki

Guns don't kill people.
People kill people...you can't blame the tool.

That's quite disingenuous though, isn't it.
Guns allow for 'easier' killing. There is no other reason for guns than to shoot bullets. They were made to make killing easier, therefore guns allow for the easier killing of people and animals so the tool can take some blame. People might think twice if they had to use their bare hands. (yes, I know there are other weapons that people use too, but the issue here is guns).

I'm glad that I live in a country without a visible and "it's our right" attitude towards guns.

Nasty bloody business.

I think I can help you out. Find out how many home are for sale around you and we can send all the whiners in the US over to where you live. Then they won't have to worry about guns anymore. It would boost your local economy and help limit the c02 output over here. Win-Win. I am so glad you posted here.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Here's a pic of my favorite kind of gun:

Heading for scrap where they will kill no more....

This thread is the first time i've been embarrassed and ashamed to be part of ATS.

Weapons aren't something to be proud of - to covet and endorse. They are a last resort.

When i saw the title, i'd hoped to find this post a joke at the expense the those with a fetish for ways of hurting other people disguised as a right to bare arms. Alas it is not....

This kind talk plays right into the hands of the mainstream that like to paint conspiracies as the playground of the fringe malcontent, repressed sociopath, just looking for an excuse to use their gun.

Flame me all you want, but this is not a troll post, it's a defense against those stereotypes you are reinforcing. It's that you enjoy, or feel the need to brag about guns that is disturbing and pathetic. I wonder how many are here commenting positively about guns who have had to use one to kill a person? Anyone???

Those who have been forced to do that would not have enjoyed it and would be happy if they never had to see a gun again. Would anyone like to prove me wrong with their account of how much they did enjoy killing someone? Would the rest of us not be happier if that person were safely contained?

It doesn't surprise me that someone out there would post such a thread, but it saddens me that so many would reply (and that the thread hasn't been moved to a new 'sociopath section'.)

Perhaps if this thread had been titled something like 'What's the best weapon to defend yourself with', then there'd be an argument that it was information for a scenario that hopefully won't happen. But with the title 'What's your favorite gun', i'm afraid you haven't a leg to stand on - you are part of the problem.

EDIT: In case i offended anyone i'm off to the shop now to buy some body armour.

[edit on 26-1-2010 by McGinty]

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Reply to post by McGinty

Sorry but that's just idiotic. How is discussing the best X for a purpose somehow more righteous than discussing your favorite X? Often favoritism comes due to design. Design which translates to purpose. Which would make the two topics overlap.

It's just a hunk of metal. Get over it.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 06:12 AM
link   
reply to post by l neXus l

well, the taurus pt92 is what I got. Its a 9mm. I'd like to get my hands on a laser sight for it; its got a rail just for it

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 06:12 AM
link   
HS-9, in USA known as Springfield XD (9mm).

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 06:21 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Because 'best X' treats it as a tool. Whereas 'Favorite X' reveals pleasure in the tool. Taking pleasure in guns reveals that they have never used one to kill, which would mean their talk is childish bravado about tools they don't really understand.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Reply to post by McGinty

So unless it is usedto kill one cannot claim a favorite? I can't have a favorite IDPA pistol or SA cowboy shoot revolver or favorite target rifle for biathalon or favorite short barrel shotgun for turkey or favorite long shotgun fir duck?

Why do I have to qualify a favorite anything with a purpose? Can't I simply preferthe aesthetics of one thing over another?

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 06:29 AM
link   
So I've been reading ATS for a few months on a semi daily basis. I've learnt some very interesting things and had a lot of rubbish to filter out and maybe am only getting a small picture of how this crazy world of ours works. I'm not too gullibe but I'm sure I have my moments as I'm human but of all the threads that I've seen so far this one really got my attention. This is my first post and maybe I should have kept it for something else but how can we come to any type of peaceful resolution to the chaos going on if we are bragging about what gun we like. Does anyone else see what's wrong with this?? I just read about four pages of people posting gun pics like it's their favorite thing to do on a friday night(yes i know its tuesday morning). I'm no angel and am fighting with myself on a daily basis to become a better person but guns are no solution to any problem. I'm no preacher, saint, atheist, or part of any stereotype you may want to put me in but it's a positive energy that flows throw me that knows I'm speaking the truth when I say " Everyone posting on this thread showing off this gun or the other... do you really think this is COOL? or just the way things are? Don't you want a better world, life, future for your family or loved ones in the future?" I'd say I'm sorry for venting but this cannot keep happening. GUNS???? Grow up please or we will honestely render ourselves extinct in the near future....

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 06:35 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f9eadedf9588.png[/atsimg]

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by aorAki

This is my favourite gun as it won't kill any more.

I hate guns, by the way

[edit on 25-1-2010 by aorAki]

someone just had to go there.

K. i'll defend your right not to want one just as long as you defend mine to keep one LOL!

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 06:39 AM
link   
The M14 EBR

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/eeffea36d4ec.jpg[/atsimg]

The United States Navy Mark 14 Enhanced Battle Rifle (EBR) is an American selective fire military rifle chambered for the 7.62x51mm NATO cartridge. It is a variant of the M14 battle rifle and was originally built for use with units of the United States Naval Special Warfare Command, such as the United States Navy SEALs.
The EBRs are made with the intention of carrying out both designated marksman and CQB roles in combat.
By far my favorite assault rifle.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
Reply to post by McGinty

So unless it is usedto kill one cannot claim a favorite? I can't have a favorite IDPA pistol or SA cowboy shoot revolver or favorite target rifle for biathalon or favorite short barrel shotgun for turkey or favorite long shotgun fir duck?

Why do I have to qualify a favorite anything with a purpose? Can't I simply preferthe aesthetics of one thing over another?

Obviously you can say you have a favorite gun - this thread is proof of that. But the fact that you felt the need to say it says a lot about you, and unfortunately anyone with an axe to grind with ATS will think it says a lot about the website and all of it's users too.

Hence, i'm not being argumentative, but i feel i need to help remind any such readers that ATS also attracts people who don't have a favorite gun.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Lots of big guns.but you know what they say...

2nd line.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 06:46 AM
link   
You people blathering your idiotic gun control nonsense have no grip on reality and also I find it really annoying, petulant, and uncalled for that you have to stick your nose into a thread you obviously won't like. Now for my favorite gun, this baby is accurate beyond all compare for a multi-use/assault rifle and carries a big fat round that KILLS nicely!

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Ahhh...

Mine is the Land Warrior Research Corporation REPR.

20" barrel:

www.lwrci.com...

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by McGinty

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
Reply to post by McGinty

Obviously you can say you have a favorite gun - this thread is proof of that. But the fact that you felt the need to say it says a lot about you, and unfortunately anyone with an axe to grind with ATS will think it says a lot about the website and all of it's users too.

Hence, i'm not being argumentative, but i feel i need to help remind any such readers that ATS also attracts people who don't have a favorite gun.

And there are plenty of threads where you can discuss your favorite Dungeons and Dragons characters and special magic weapons used to kill trolls and ogres. Don't forget the Satan worship threads either.

ATS is a melting pot of ideas and beliefs representing practically all walks of life from around the world. There is something for everybody yet you choose to penetrate and attempt to derail a simple thread regarding the favorite guns of ATS members. I guess you can't handle the fact that so many people on ATS have an affinity for firearms.

Not everybody prefers light sabers, pan flutes and magic staffs. Please note: I make no attempt to enter and derail those threads.

Let me add my old Browning BT-99 to my list of favorites. It has been around since 1970 and I am its second owner. What a great trap gun!! If I could tuck it under my pillow at night I would. Though, my Sig may not like the extra company.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by l neXus l

I have several that I like. With regrets I can't send you a pic as I don't have one. I like to camp at a lodge I built in central Canada for six weeks in the summer. The home I built up there is rife with bears. I never go up there with out my shot gun (12 gage), and my 45 pistol. I only needed my 45 once, when a bear got a little to frisky. I don't hunt because I'm a vegaterian. But I have no desire to become lunch for another animal. And no, the bear I had to shoot did not survive. Sorry.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 07:56 AM
link   
picked this up not to long ago, SR-556 Ar15

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 07:56 AM
link   
My favorite. Kimber Ultra CDP II. You can't go wrong with any Kimber. They are some of the most accurate and reliable guns.

[edit on 1/26/2010 by Termite197]

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho

ATS is a melting pot of ideas and beliefs representing practically all walks of life from around the world. There is something for everybody yet you choose to penetrate and attempt to derail a simple thread regarding the favorite guns of ATS members.

I also have beliefs and ideas to express, so if this thread appears as a headline on a conspiracy website, then why shouldn't i comment upon - can you handle that? If i'm really derailing it, then that couldn't have been so difficult. Maybe it's because i'm not alone here in wondering why on earth a thread about favorite guns would be a Conspiracy, or any other kind of mystery, headline on a conspiracy website...

Originally posted by jibeho I guess you can't handle the fact that so many people on ATS have an affinity for firearms.

Quite true - it's a sad day and will indeed make me seriously question further use of Above Top Secret. I've defended the site as not full of wackos, or fascists, but this has undermined that argument 100%

Not everybody prefers light sabers, pan flutes and magic staffs.

Ideed! I too do not prefer light sabers, pan flutes and magic staffs, so does that mean we agree? Does that mean i'm right?

BTW, please direct me to the threads you speak of - the ones about light sabers, pan flutes and magic staffs.

Please note: I make no attempt to enter and derail those threads.

On the contrary, you obviously know a lot more about them than i.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join