It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"The Universe Was Not Created By A Big Bang" -Say Several of the World's Leading Cosmologists

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   
I don't understand the article's usage of the word membrane

can someone educate me?
thx

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Though it is pretty vague in the article I think they are saying that our universe inhabits a separate expansion from the rest the other multiverses. It goes on to say that our separate universe may collide or "bump" into other ones neighboring us in as many as ten other dimensions.

I presume thats why it makes sense that gravity would leak through and be the only noticeable thing from other universes

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   
That's because it is recreating itself every split split split split second.

Each moment is a new moment. Bang! This gets really deep and I've been struggling to grasp it.

Each NOW moment is a new now moment. It gives a whole new meaning to 'creating your reality.'

EXPAND! You are the Big Bang, you are ALL THINGS and in that you are every moment of time and space. You were there when it all started and you will be here to shut off the lights, metaphorically speaking, simply because you are All Things. The sooner you start accepting and living this truth FULLY, the sooner the exciting work between you, me and others can truly begin.

Will this be the moment you say YES and ACT on it as well?
We are ready. Are you?

If you are, then understand that you ARE the All, including every moment. Through so many channels in so many different ways we have told you over and over again that you are God also. Very cool, but what else is God but an infinite moment? God is time. God is space. God is you and so many different things with you. God is the hat on your head, and that hat is a moment expressing the All. God is the smile on your face, and again it is an expression of EVERY moment of joy in creation. The energy of every experience anyone’s ever had IN JOY is present within that smile. It’s a holographic universe; each particle contains the whole and a moment is also a particle of the hologram.

You are this moment also. You are God meeting God; you are the Big Bang. It is all happening now; that is the power of All. As you become aware what the Self truly is, you will start to understand that the Self is All.

lightworkers.org...

It's deeply spiritual, but worth the read if you are ready for it.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by drsmooth23

Originally posted by ROBL240
The big bang cant have been a "explosion" as to envision as such means that there is already space for the mass to expand into, which goes against the principle of time being created. As if nothing existed before the big bang, then there couldn't have been space for that matter to expand into in the first place. The "explosion" theory is flawed.

Exactly. and science would have us believe all observable things in our universe hinge on a cause and effect relationship. If the big bang was the effect, then what was the cause?!?!

Its times like this that I wonder what people like Einstein or Tesla could do with our current knowledge base and technological abilities.

sometimes science seems like a house built on sand. The core and base values do change as we learn more, and we must remember that the sum of all human knowledge is a product of what we have established ourselves, and those ideas are based on theory's that may no longer be valid.

First of all, the big bang theory is not named well as it's not really a "bang".

We would like to know the cause but perhaps we don't and won't. If you look at 2 objects moving away from each other, what can you say about them? You can say in the future they will be further apart, in the past, they would have been closer together. That's true right? You don't need to know the cause about WHY they are moving apart to make that statement. But that observation can be flawed, if the objects were trains, your predictions about past and future positions of the trains would be accurate over smaller timescales but wrong for larger timescales, where perhaps the 2 trains had origins 100 miles apart, and were never completely together.

That's analogous to the past projections we make. We assume that since everything is moving apart (in general, though there are a few exceptions) if you keep projecting that motion backwards in time, at one point everything was together? There is logic in that observation/projection, but that doesn't mean it must be true, but there's also no cause in that observation, it is what it is, just an observation instead of an explanation.

And of course science is like a house built on sand, the very definition of scientific theories includes a requirement that it must be possible to prove them false, and yes, sometimes they ARE proven false...there goes the house and time to rebuild a new foundation. But this is the way science is supposed to work, no scientific truth is "absolute".

And this "dark energy" thing that nobody understands is just too strange, it's really telling us something is wrong with our theories but we don't know what yet. To just assume that implies the big bang must be wrong shows ignorance, though that is one possibility. There might be other explanations too that a person who isn't ignorant would consider.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

A membrane is a multidimensional "sheet" of highly energetic matter. It is thought that our universe may be tethered to one or one my occupy our very space.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by zetamafia911

Ok if the universe was not created by a big bang then how did it come into existence?

The universe, rather our Milky way came or just simply appeared out of a black hoe.

Feedback?

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   

…if nothing existed before the big bang, then there couldnt have been space for that matter to expand into in the first place.

That puts it in a nutshell. I’ve had fun by ambushing some physicists/astronomers/scienticians whom I knew believed in the “Big Bang”. I segued by commenting on some innocuous topic by saying, “That’s as elementary as 0 + 0 = 1. We all know that to be true! Ha ha!” At which point they rightly corrected me by stating that zero can never be more than zero no matter how you add, subtract, multiply or divide it. Fair enough. Then asked to explain how the “Big Bang” happened they always retreated into the ol’, “Hrrmph, well it’s very complex you see…” B.S.

As Chonx rightly pointed out: they had to invent (emphasis added) something to explain it. In this sense, invent meaning ‘making up a bunch of B.S.’ The simplest math proves the lie.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bm2211

Ok if the universe was not created by a big bang then how did it come into existence?

The universe, rather our Milky way came or just simply appeared out of a black hoe.

Feedback?

did you not read the (very concise) article?

[edit on 25-1-2010 by zetamafia911]

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bm2211

Feedback?

Let me be the first to jump on and say that this typo is too easy and perhaps untouchable to even dream of. Ahhh, if only this were a comedy site. (Sorry Bm2211 but you mistyped it…)

P.S. Did you know that 2211 is Dirty Harry’s badge number? Weird serendipity there for me

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   
LOL!

I just scanned over the typo and thought it was "hole" instead.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   
What does or would this mean for the LHC experiment?

They would be looking for something which may have never existed as they thought, does that have to alter the search because now perhaps the make up of the Particle in question, has to be different, I would have thought some serious rethinking would need to be on the table even if just until they get their data and find what they are looking for.

Perhaps those who claim it can open a door into an alternate Universe have something after all, if the Higs Boson particle was created when our Universe was brought into being when another strand hit this one, therefore creating this Universe, what if it the key to the door?

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Here is what I think:

1)The big bang did not create our universe, it only created our galaxy and solar system.

2)Every galaxy is born from a big-bang or more correctly a white hole.

3)Each white hole is born from a decaying black hole.

4)The universe may not be infinite.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by passenger

…if nothing existed before the big bang, then there couldnt have been space for that matter to expand into in the first place.

That puts it in a nutshell. I’ve had fun by ambushing some physicists/astronomers/scienticians whom I knew believed in the “Big Bang”. I segued by commenting on some innocuous topic by saying, “That’s as elementary as 0 + 0 = 1. We all know that to be true! Ha ha!” At which point they rightly corrected me by stating that zero can never be more than zero no matter how you add, subtract, multiply or divide it. Fair enough. Then asked to explain how the “Big Bang” happened they always retreated into the ol’, “Hrrmph, well it’s very complex you see…” B.S.

As Chonx rightly pointed out: they had to invent (emphasis added) something to explain it. In this sense, invent meaning ‘making up a bunch of B.S.’ The simplest math proves the lie.

Zero is a state of equilibrium. It has both mass and substance in mathematical terms. As long as there is a constant state there is no change, no increase or decrease. This was the universe before the "Big Bang". It was at Zero. Then it inflated to become what it is now and will continue until it either contracts or disintegrates. The equation for our universe I believe was stated to be ( 0 + 1 ).

Now, I can take this also to confirm the brane theory. If there is an existing force, say, a brane, that is pierced by another force at any point in the brane, it could add the necessary substance to cause inflation throughout the brane. Much like the response of the surface of water when it is hit with a rock. The reaction is waves that expand outward to the ends of the pond, and come back as background distubance. So our universe may appear to be circular and inflating outward in a bubble fashion, but in reality it could be flat like the surface of water and merely expanding across the surface.

If true, then both the "Big Bang" and "Brane" theories are valid options to explain the universe. We many have to call it the "Big Brane Bang" theory.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   
The Big Wow cosmology seems the best to me:

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by zetamafia911
LOL!

I just scanned over the typo and thought it was "hole" instead.

I don't know if humor is allowed for such a serious topic or not, but according to "Family guy", here's the real story on the creation of the universe:

(click to open player in new window)

I uploaded that a while back to humorously show the alternative to evolution but it sort of fits here too so what the heck, here it is.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by azzllin

What does or would this mean for the LHC experiment

One of the major hopes of the LHC is to prove M-Theory(membrane theory) by finding missing gravity and proving gravitons. If we can show that there is gravity missing from a collision then it would strongly support M-Theory's hypothesis that gravity is so weak because it "leaks" into hyperdimensional space onto a brane.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arbitrageur

Originally posted by drsmooth23

The big bang cant have been a "explosion" as to envision as such means that there is already space for the mass to expand into, which goes against the principle of time being created. As if nothing existed before the big bang, then there couldn't have been space for that matter to expand into in the first place. The "explosion" theory is flawed.

Exactly. and science would have us believe all observable things in our universe hinge on a cause and effect relationship. If the big bang was the effect, then what was the cause?!?!

Its times like this that I wonder what people like Einstein or Tesla could do with our current knowledge base and technological abilities.

sometimes science seems like a house built on sand. The core and base values do change as we learn more, and we must remember that the sum of all human knowledge is a product of what we have established ourselves, and those ideas are based on theory's that may no longer be valid.

First of all, the big bang theory is not named well as it's not really a "bang".

We would like to know the cause but perhaps we don't and won't. If you look at 2 objects moving away from each other, what can you say about them? You can say in the future they will be further apart, in the past, they would have been closer together. That's true right? You don't need to know the cause about WHY they are moving apart to make that statement. But that observation can be flawed, if the objects were trains, your predictions about past and future positions of the trains would be accurate over smaller timescales but wrong for larger timescales, where perhaps the 2 trains had origins 100 miles apart, and were never completely together.

Ok, imagine two balls in space, and we observe that they are moving away from each other. because they are currently moving away it doesnt dictate that they were "always" moving away. From what I can tell, most things in space orbit bigger things, which is a circular path, and not linear.

Then you have nice monkey wrenches with things like The Great Attractor.

The sum of all human knowledge doesn't really lend itself to cosmology, mainly because we are pretty tactile and need to see stuff up close to understand it. Astrophysicists will be the first to tell you they really dont understand "why" for alot of things in the cosmos, but its the mysteries that keep people like me interested

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   
I too have heard of this theory and laughed at it. The reason is whilist it might explain our universe it begs the question what created the membranes in the 1st place.....So all this theory is doing is passing the buck....

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07
Here is what I think:

1)The big bang did not create our universe, it only created our galaxy and solar system.

2)Every galaxy is born from a big-bang or more correctly a white hole.

3)Each white hole is born from a decaying black hole.

4)The universe may not be infinite.

I'm curious, what would make you come to these conclusions?

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   

A black hole sucks in energy to a singularity point and then creates a white hole which pushes energy out of that singularity creating a new galaxy somewhere else in the universe.

I have read various sceintific reports but in all honesty they are overwhelmingly confusing and make little sense. Of course I am not a phycist or even a scientist for that matter, but I am entitled to my opinions non-the-less.

By the way, there is no such thing as a space-time continuum, there is only space. I think time is a man-made concept to keep track of various events.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join