It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gore calls for Rumsfeld, Rice and Tenet to resign

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Bush's Iraq Policies 'Atrocious,' Gore Says
38 minutes agoNEW YORK � Al Gore delivered a blistering denunciation Wednesday of the Bush administration's "twisted values and atrocious policies" in Iraq and demanded ...
Citing a 'Shamed America,' Gore Calls for Rumsfeld, Rice, Tenet ... - New York Times

Gore demands six resignations Washington Times

Gore says fire Rumsfeld, and others should go - Palm Beach

Sorry I screwed up all the links, but I find it interesting that Gore is coming out with this at this time

[Edited on 27-5-2004 by Sauron]

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 03:04 AM
link   
Maybe he should demand that the history of the election be rewritten so that he wins his home state, TN, in the 2000 election?

As much as I'm joking about this... to be frank, if a presidential candidate can't win his home state... Should anyone take him seriously?

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Maybe he(Gore) is going after the Conspiracy votes,
Like Bush is going for the Christian Votes

I read some where Gore did not dispute Bush's win, and to let Bush take the heat for the Oil grab, and economy, then come back as the good guy, after Bush hits the fan

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Who better to bash a presidential administration than a person of significance from a previous administration? Michael Moore? Al Franken?

Oh, how about Al Gore, who actually has experience in this particular political arena.

Getting on Gore's case for this is ridiculous. The man has every right to speak out against the current presidential administration just like everybody else in the United States.

Conspiracy theorists are mostly liberal, as the subject is all about change. Unlike conservatism which about maintaining things as they are. So obviously harping up on the most controversial of subjects will ring true with most conspiracy theorists. However in this case, Gore isn't exactly spewing theory rather than facts regarding the currently known abuses in Washington and abroad. He's not even going to Howard Dean level with 9/11 conspiracy insinuations. The lack of WMD, Al Qaeda ties, and prisoner torture in Iraq is certainly no conspiracy theory and liberals have all the right in the world to complain about these things as being forms of extreme mismanagement and terrorist incitement.

[Edited on 27-5-2004 by heelstone]

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by heelstone
Who better to bash a presidential administration than a person of significance from a previous administration? Michael Moore? Al Franken?

Oh, how about Al Gore, who actually has experience in this particular political arena.
[Edited on 27-5-2004 by heelstone]

I agree he has every right, I'm glad he has as well, but I wonder why now at this time

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Getting on Gore's case for this is ridiculous. The man has every right to speak out against the current presidential administration just like everybody else in the United States.

hear hear!

after all he WAS part of an administration that was also riddled with scandals...and didnt say anything about it let alone say that clinton should have resigned...

this is just plain stupid.

playing blind man bluff is much pointless and ignorant.

whats next? clinton gonna give a speech on the sanctity of marriage?

gore is just another politician trying to get his ugly mug back in the spotlight. he's an attention whore.

takes a lot of courage to say that rumsfeld and company should resign but not your own former boss or his cronies...that or a set of double standards.

if a person resigned over every scandal you couldnt keep a politician in office more than a year. which wouldnt so so bad really...

so why isnt he calling for ted kennedy to resign?

why isnt he calling for every other dirty poltician to resign? why only those of his former opponent? lets be real here if you're going to say well so and so did this and it created a scandal then everyone who has created a scandal should have to leave too. right?

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 10:00 AM
link   
True that Gore was in the administration mired in scandals, but let's view it in perspective -- those are nothing compared to what Bushies have perpeterated, so Gore has more than plain authority to speak as he did.

Also, he's stating the obvious -- where is the damn accountability? In any business people screwing up like the Bush adminitration would be fired in a microsecond. If Mr. Powell is presenting an EMPTY glass vial at the UN and asking people to consider what if it contained anthrax... And then in a few month conceding there was extremelely poor intelligence to even suggest that... No WMD...Is it not a ridiculous spectacle? Is he not ashamed?

Same deliberate misguidance on the alleged Saddam's nukes... However provided this intel should resign along with Mr.Powell just to uphold the authority of his high office, that much is clear. Prison abuse is another issue, but for God's sake, somebody should resign just to show that they take it seriosuly (which they don't).

So Gore is right.

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by onlyinmydreams
Maybe he should demand that the history of the election be rewritten so that he wins his home state, TN, in the 2000 election?
As much as I'm joking about this... to be frank, if a presidential candidate can't win his home state... Should anyone take him seriously?

TRUER words have never been written.

Gore is one of the best operatives the Repulicans have.

Imagine the outcry if a Republican former V.P. was screaming out rhetoric like this!

Admittedly, Gore was talking to his "base/core" supporters but his yelling and accusational tone was over the top and detrimental to the Democratic cause IMO...

m...

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 10:18 AM
link   
heelstone said:

Conspiracy theorists are mostly liberal, as the subject is all about change. Unlike conservatism which about maintaining things as they are

What? Dictionary definitions have nothing to do with the words meaning in context to politics. "Liberal" currently means more government control, higher taxes, smaller military, abolishment of gun rights, class warfare- look at the French form of government and you have gist of it.
"Conservative" currently means the opposite of liberal. True Conservatives want a much smaller government, lower taxes, more personal freedom/responsibility, and a strong military.

Political terms and their definitions change much more quickly than dictionaries. Conservatives in no way want to "conserve" things as they are now, lol. Nice try though. What the words meant in 1940 and now is totally different; what the words mean now and in 30 years will no doubt change again.

Variable

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 10:34 AM
link   
that "a Republican former V.P. was screaming out rhetoric like this".

From another same subject thread:
While I respect & agree with the opinion that anyone who's tasted the ambrosia wanting to be at the table again, I think we both agree the Gore is not s stupid man. I feel that he knows that his stature in the party is lower than whale shiit; the Dean endorsement, though right, was the coup d'grace.

Second:
Minimizing a 1000 deaths & 10's of thousands of maiming of US military personnel, as well as the S of D & AG clearly being on record as saying that the rules of the Geneva Convention do not apply - thus giving us an equal torture credability to the Baath regime ( and a bulls eye drawn on every American there, as per RANT's avatar) - not to mention a $100 Billion price tag , THAT's much more than a scandal or rhetoric.
As much as I understand the perspective, it's too serious to be dismissed as a partisan politcs in an election year scandal; ther's just too much bi-partisan condemnation on the whole fiasco - I love the amnesia about all the Republicans from the Regan/Ford/Nixon administration & all the GOP Generals who have said the same sort of things as Gore.

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 10:36 AM
link   

True that Gore was in the administration mired in scandals, but let's view it in perspective -- those are nothing compared to what Bushies have perpeterated, so Gore has more than plain authority to speak as he did.

this is like saying one person whos steals less than someone else is somehow a better person in your eyes.

how about rapists? murderers? pedophiles? if one rapes kills or molests less than the next guy does that make him more tolerable? no but we make this exception for politicians. WHY?!?!?!?!?!?!

its ok to have a scandal as long as its not as bad or worse than someone elses??? WTF kind of logic is that???

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 11:37 AM
link   

True Conservatives want a much smaller government, lower taxes, more personal freedom/responsibility, and a strong military.

Variable

And this is what you think you got from the Konservative Bush Administration and the Republican Congress?

If so, you've been out of the country since the Weds. after election day 2000.

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 04:10 PM
link   
You have to keep in mind that in Gore's initial role as Party Spokesman, every endorsement he gave turned to defeat and every political speech he made was criticized. Since Dean isn't working as the party bullhorn and Gore's efforts to stay wishy-washy have backfired, they're using Gore as the party bullhorn now.

It makes sense to me. Nothing wrong with Gore except he rubs folks the wrong way. Why not utilize him in a capacity that already rubs folks wierd and free Dean for the middle-of-the-road messages since folks can deal with him?

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 08:06 PM
link   
After Gore�s speech, I think America (Americans who know) would be chomping at the bit to have this �Bush cable(sp)� step down, resign. And these good fellows, to regain the American image, �what they thought the world thinks of them� (insert laughter here).
Back to why I posted this to begin with, And that is why is Gore taking a stand so to speak now at this juncture? Is it because of Bush�s poll standings, or is it deeper set than this and goes higher up?? Are the puppet masters changing scenery?

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sauron
Is it because of Bush�s poll standings, or is it deeper set than this and goes higher up?? Are the puppet masters changing scenery?

Very interesting Sauron... Two points in particular...

1. Bush goes down in the polls BUT Kerry does NOT rise (Unique in American Political History)

2. The "Puppet Masters" bit... I will take that as evidence YOU have realized there is NO DIFFERENCE between the parties(!)... It absolutely AMAZES me when I see otherwise intelligent people BUYING either "party line"...

It reinforces my beleif in the uncanny ability of the Great American SALESMAN!

m...

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Come on down to AL and Howards "I Scream" parlour.
Where all our flavours are full of nuts!
Go two miles past Kerry's Waffle house, do a flip flop, and turn
really far to the left.!

Seriously, whats with the shrillness of the Dems these days?
AL was REALLY sweating towards the end of that speech.

[Edited on 27-5-2004 by spacedoubt]

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 09:24 PM
link   
He's still pissed he lost the election. Thats why he was sweating : )

new topics

top topics

join