It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

brining thing from the outside into your dreams

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   
does this happen to anyone else maybe it happen to every one things like i was deaming the other night and had an accident in my dream and hurt my leg badly now i could feel the pain in my dream now i have sciatica wich goes down my leg and when i woke up i was lying on that leg and i was in pain down my leg other times it happend was when i was a kid and my brothers were thowing boots and shoes at me but in my dream it was totaly diferent people that were shouting they werent throwing boots at me they were throwing potatoes but i could feel them hitting me. other times i have brought things like phones ringing and traffic and incorperated it into my dreams so can every one doe this

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Yes, it pretty much happens to me everytime I dream. It's quite odd, but pretty cool at the same time.

I've noticed it with sounds, touch, smells, and sometimes weather.

I've pulled movies in to my dreams that were playing on the tv while I was asleep, but the situation was played out in real life.

I guess it has something to do with our brains being in an awaking state. That time when, while still asleep, our senses start coming back to us. I notice that it happens when I am about to wake up.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I've just posted about my first lucid dream, I also experience what you mention.

The most common thing is the alarm on my phone. When it goes off, it is often translated into something else in my dream. I have often wondered how this is even possible because for sudden things like being nudged by my partner or hearing a sudden noise, it seems to integrate seamlessly into the dream and become part of the 'story' as if it had been anticipated and written into the dream before it happened. How does the brain process it so quickly that it becomes a part of the dream.

Dreams have always fascinated me.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   
It's quite normal - nothing mysterious.
I've woken up to sounds (which have been incorporated into my dream as something else) or I've dreamt someone is attacking my leg and when I wake up, the border collie is sitting on it.
Other times I dream I need to go to the toilet and am frantically searching for one. Then I wake up and I really do need to go to the toilet!

[edit on 24-1-2010 by unicorn1]

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   
just because someone is asleep does not mean there brain stops working. when a sound is heard in an awaken state you can usualy identify it imediatly. the same is true for being asleep. as for wondering how your brain can interpret it into the dreams so fast, well thats a tricky subject. first off were asleep so we dont really know that its exactly an imediate translation, atleast for the sounds. pain is imediate sleeping or awake. but eather way when something in the outside world enters your dream your brain is simply making the connection of say a phone ringing or a car passing by and so natrually since its being prossesed in the mind its not hard to see how you could than see or experiance that in a dream.

[edit on 24-1-2010 by PApro]

new topics

top topics

join