It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

flight diverted

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 12:40 AM
link   
I don't know where to post this but here goes.

"DENVER – An airplane flying from Washington D.C. to Las Vegas has been diverted to Denver International Airport after a passenger tried to open an exterior door on the plane while it was in flight.

DIA spokesman Jeff Green says that United Flight 223 was diverted to Denver at 5:10 p.m. Saturday, and police who met the plane at the gate took the passenger into custody.

Green told the Denver Post that it is "virtually impossible" to open an exterior door in mid-flight.

Green said the police were interviewing the passenger Saturday night but did not know if the man would be charged.

United Airlines and the Denver police department did not immediately return calls from The Associated Press."

why would someone do this?people are crazy.If he wants to die then he should do himself in and not try to kill all the people on the plane. this is from my front page on yahoo.com

[edit on 24-1-2010 by indy0725]

[edit on 24-1-2010 by indy0725]

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Your link is messed upppp. lol

Oh, you fix it the second I was posting.

[edit on 24-1-2010 by A-E-I-Owned-You]

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by A-E-I-Owned-You
Your link is messed upppp. lol

Oh, you fix it the second I was posting.

[edit on 24-1-2010 by A-E-I-Owned-You]

Yeah i realized that.So instead i just posted the story instead.It came from Yahoo.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Yeah, it's impossible to open the exit hatches on a jetliner in flight. Once that bitch hits cruising speed, you're locked in, no doors are opening.

Which might freak out a claustrophobic individual, I guess... I've seen claustrophobics start fumbling with locked doors before, as their panic mounts, then they kind of go catatonic.

Claustrophobia can be so damned funny sometimes. I bet that's what happened on this Denver flight.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Doc Velocity

If you think claustrophobia, or any other suffering, is funny, then you are one of the many insensitive people on this planet causing all the problems.

I don't mean to attack you personally, but I feel that your comment was totally inappropriate and utterly insensitive.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by learningtofly
If you think claustrophobia, or any other suffering, is funny, then you are one of the many insensitive people on this planet causing all the problems.

Grow up.

Originally posted by learningtofly
I don't mean to attack you personally, but I feel that your comment was totally inappropriate and utterly insensitive.

That's because you're trolling for a self-righteous confrontation. You're not going to get one here.

I've had many encounters and interactions with claustrophobics — I was a spelunker (cave climber) for many years, and I guided many people through undeveloped caverns. Claustrophobia would happen unannounced and unexpected. People who never thought they were claustrophobic suddenly discovered the truth 800 feet down, wedged into a pitch black crevice.

Claustrophobia manifests in different ways — there is the screaming claustrophobic, there is the jabbering claustrophobic, there is the laughing claustrophobic, the vomiting claustrophobic, the sobbing claustrophobic, and my personal favorite, the catatonic claustrophobic.

Guy just goes comatose, right? 600 feet below the surface, and you've suddenly got a catatonic body to lug through the cavern. Nice.

I apologize for nothing. I've had my "experiences" with claustrophobics, and I choose to remember them as funny; because, otherwise, I have very, very bad memories of claustrophobics. Okay? Satisfied?

— Doc Velocity

[edit on 1/24/2010 by Doc Velocity]

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 01:49 AM
link   
And lemmy tell ya somethin... When you've been a spelunker and rock climber for a lot of years, you learn how to defeat fear, and you try to pass that on to others, people who are counting on you to guide and instruct them; but, the fact is, you start to resent people's fears. You will push them to overcome their fears, right? You hate fear, because fear is weakness, and climbing rock is no place for weakness. So, you develop this very pissed-off mentality, right, a mentality that doesn't tolerate fear.

That's where I was about 25 years ago — totally intolerant of fear.

I'm settled down now, I have a wife, so I'm mellowed out to the mundane worries of married life, but I may still wax a bit insensitive when it comes to how people handle fear. Fear is a disease. Fear is a weapon. Fear can be defeated.

That's where I'm coming from today.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 03:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Doc Velocity

I am "trolling for self-righteous confrontation"?

I don't think so. I was showing my sensitivity about mental conditions.

You are rude and ignorant.

top topics

join