It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The War on Drugs: What a Joke! (MUST-SEE VIDEO!!)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+44 more 
posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I put this in disinfo. section, because that is what largely fuels this war on drugs. That, and the corporate money that pays for it to promote ignorance and play on people's fears.

The last part of the video gets into who pays (donates) for the largest anti-drug front group (alcohol, tobacco, and big pharma coorps).

We need to stop this march towards corporate fascism. The SCOTUS decision basically will lead to the forces that have pushed for, funded, and maintained the war on drugs into a 'war' on EVERY area of our lives that will generate profits.

COME ON PEOPLE, WAKE THE F UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best,
Skunknuts

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   
I am downloading American Drug War now to see what its all about..

You can watch it on Google here..

Google Video Link

I will get back to you in 35 yrs when I am done watching it.. slow internet..

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   
thanks for the link OP. The war on drugs is my biggest pet peeve and the first issue that got me into activism. Its a rediculous money pit and a boon for the private prison system. Its the only issue I have ever debated in public forums against law enforcement and professionals as it touches all aspects of society.

Cheers

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   
The war on drugs is definitely a big scam on America.
It increased the scope and size of government in a huge fashion, empowering only government and no one else..

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by antideceit

Unless you are saying that corporations and the government are the same entity, I'd have to disagree. If anything, corporations have used the government to their ends. That's why 'privatization' can be so sinister, especially when it's packaged as increased freedom, or free-enterprise. Soon enough the government and corporations will be fused as one, helped, in part, by the ignorant and mislead who don't understand what 'freedom' means.

Best,
Skunknuts

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Hi there !

I'm from Holland ! We already knew for years that the American drugwar was hoax !!
Why ?
Do to the never ever ending need to an alternate state of mind.
Us humans, are never really happy you know. Well at least not for long !
Boredom kicks in or worse.

So demand will never seize to exist ! Therefore there will always be a market.
Now it's easy to relate drugs to ilegal actions. Crime will take place !
The only reason for this is the war on drugs. Because it's so difficult and dangerous to get the goods from supplier to user it'so expensive !
This is also the reason why it's profitable when the trade gets made !

It's hilarious ! Americans already experienced firsthand, the consequenses of prohibiting alcohol. They've seen what people are willing to do for a drink. Yet they started a useles war on drugs.

People are willing to murder you, your family and friends for only a 1000 dollars.
What do you think coorperations are willing to do for millions of dollars ?
You see ?
The possibilitys are endless !

Well they didn't learn anything !!
The terrorist war is also a neverending war. Until someone in power wakes up of course.

Great thread !!

Peace !!

And now it seems some idiot judge made it possible for coorperations to simply buy their way in to rule.

[edit on 23/1/10 by Sinter Klaas]

[edit on 23/1/10 by Sinter Klaas]

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   
how come tobacco and alcohol are competely legal and they kill thousands a year

but in the history of man, not one person has ever died from smoking or consuming weed but its illegal

come on folks we got it all backwards

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   
S&F OP! Too bad not many people even realize that the great white drug war is a scam. Big Pharma has an endless body count and alcohol I believe is one of if not the most addictive legal over the counter drugs out there. Now I'm off to watch the whole documentary, thanks.

[edit on 23-1-2010 by Solar.Absolution]

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 11:17 PM
link   
People believe in the free market until it comes to issues of morality, then they want to superimpose their will on others.

I've never used drugs (beyond what was prescribed to me by a doctor) in my lifetime but that is my choice. I think the criminalization of this activity simply puts more profit into it. We waste millions every year prosecuting potheads, addicts and rich brats who snort powder when we could be using that money for serious issues. I mean, like, Health care lol?!

EDIT: I want to say that if one commits a crime under the influence of a drug they should be prosecuted for that crime. I'm not really calling for legalization of all drugs either because that's a whole different world to work out. I feel possession should not be a crime. Weed should be legal anyway IMHO.

[edit on 23-1-2010 by antonia]

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 11:27 PM
link   
So now, the drug war is the fault of corporations?

C'mon, I know I push my anti-government agenda, why are you pushing the anti-business agenda?

What next, going to blame tooth decay on the corporations?

What, looking for the workers to rise and smash those evil businesses?

Why don't you blame the people that caused all your ills, yourself and everyone else that has allowed government to take your rights.

I think we should have bigger stronger government to protect us from those evil businesses. I think we need to split up all business and give it to the people. /Sarcasm

What are you pushing for. Drugs to be decriminalized or the elimination of those evil capitalists?

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 11:38 PM
link   
full version

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by endisnighe

I answered your question more completely in your thread on the enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Government (in a modern free society) aspires to be of, by, and for the people. This simple mission statement has been co-opted by TPTB, composed of the wealthy and powerful. The more corporations are regarded as having person-hood (as it relates to constitutional protection/liberty, etc.), the further away we move from the country's ideals. How many times does the constitution mention corporations???!!!

I know what fascism is, and what it isn't. Fascism is not a government for. by, and of the people; even (and especially) if that government follows its citizens needs and wishes concerning health care and other services of the public good.

You know that I can be anti-corporatism without advocating the 'elimination of the evil capitalist.' Don't treat me like you are glen beck, and I'm your viewer.

My belief is that if the government followed its mission statement, and was no longer co-opted by corporate money and influence, the end of the drug war would follow. Likewise, so would single-payer health care coverage.

Best,
Skunknuts

[edit on 1/24/2010 by skunknuts]

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Great vid. This drug war is completely useless but it does make a lot of money. I know cops that think it is a croc of you know what but politicians don't give a dang. Are corporations/government pushing this? You bet. To anyone that says different I say give all your money to a politician...every bit...then ask for an hour of their time to sit down with you to discuss issues in private (not townhallish). That is what they think of your hard earned cash. I am the number 1 defender of capitalism because it is by far more proven for people than any other form economics. That said, I am not a tool either.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 12:13 AM
link   
TV may well be THE drug.It is,after all,what alla this corporate free speech money is spent on,no?Without TV and to a much lesser degree radio,how could a corporation tell you what to do/buy/vote for/drug choice?Not on a soapbox on a street corner,thass fo sho.Mail can be thrown out unread,but the TV is relentless.

When we speak of corporate influence,this is about TV advertising.It is the tool that has been used to dumb down the majority of the populace so they accept the whole premise this so called War on Drugs rests upon,which is the blurring of phamocological effects and risks under the rhetorical device,"Drugs".Like how's the most harmless of the controlled sub's is schedule 1,the most persecuted?(So many things are backwards.)

Let's deconstruct the word,"drugs".A gutteral sound,the "Dru",eh? A"g"more gutteral,archtypal even,and a hiss to end.Never spoken in the singular,always adding that serpent sound,like the Serpent?Not to offend anybody whose name has these,but,such a perfect combination of letters to make up a word which can be used to instill fear and sound nasty or harmless depending on how spoken.

Not by accident,this blurring of details brought into play.That's how they win debates,you talk of the Cannabis Tree and they shift to crack babies.You point out that inconsistency and they bring up the much disproved shop worn stepping stone rhetoric.If they have a badge and a scowl,you lose.

PS I saw the smoking kills tile ad's as I went back to homepage and I wanted to address this issue.Smoking commercial tobbacco cigarettes kills a lot faster than the natural roll your own kind.Anechdotal perhaps,but my position is that we humans spent a long time in smoky caves,needing a constant fire at night to fend off our main predator,the great cat.We are the only higher animal who is attracted to fire.

Smoking mullein,an ancient practice is GOOD for your lungs,very soothing.(especially when combined with mullein tea.)MJ may have beneficial properties,we don't know because the research has been geared toward finding fault,not looking for benefits.Now at GBH Pharm actual double blind studies are being conducted with very promising results coming out regularly.

[edit on 24-1-2010 by trueforger]

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by skunknuts

Well, empowering the corporations was a biproduct, but I guess it would be easy to assume corprate lobbyists would have been cheering for it to happen. not to mention many other industries that would gain jobs from the prison system being expanded 100 times or more than it was.
But it empowered the government to call all the shots and even make certain industries give them favors for making it happen. probably whole lot of corrupt back room deals we won't ever know about that have/are occuring, all for the "war on drugs".....

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 12:25 AM
link   
The war on drugs has always been a joke, and always will be. It's too bad Mrs. Reagan pushed our president so much about how bad drugs are, which started the whole D.A.R.E program, and called for the scheduling of drugs, placing marijuana at schedule I along with methamp and heroin. Like seriously, who would do such a thing? Oh yeah, the US government.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Sad ...

www.youtube.com...

The greed is behind of it all, there are many ones who make lots of money out of disgraced people. I get
to know it will continue , that people will be send to jails, that parents will suffer too, that sick people could be saved. In NJ they passed a law allowing medical marijuana to be used BUT the sick one MUST go buy it, he can't have his drug for free (when growing it at his home).
I must say that I don't use any kind of drugs! ! ! And don't want it too ! ! !

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by skunknuts

Excellent vid my friend

I can relate.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by trueforger

People (who don't live without it) follow everything TV says , what a perfect way to control peoples minds. Umbelieveble ! ! !

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Great thread, thanks for posting.

Totally agree.

Lets not forget the oil conglomerates, the cotton industry, and the lumber industry which know that they can not compete against industrial hemp as both a major supplier of paper, cloth, and fuel. Then there is the tremendous impact on farming. As oil becomes more scarce, and hemp become more of the best alternative, the market will turn all of this around.

The older generation of Americans were suckered on this issue, but the younger generations are aware of this scam.

The rise of hemp is the biggest fear of ICs.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join