It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Recent attack warning same as Spain warning?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Asscroft said today that the recent credible threat of attack on the US was a concern because of the effect that the Spain attack had on their National elections. He also spoke of a plan that was 90% complete. Has anyone heard alluded to the message that the terrorists left in a letter after the Spain attack?

It seems similar. Here is a portion of a page from TerrorAnalysis.com ...

The letter also claims a large-scale attack on US soil is "90%" ready. "We bring the good news to Muslims of the world that the expected 'Winds of Black Death' strike against America is now in its final stage...90 percent (ready) and God willing near," the letter said.

Has anyone heard somthing to the effect that the message from Asscroft today is the same message from Spain in March? If so, then why haven't we heard about it sooner? Could there have been more credible information garnered since, and could this be why the warning hasn't come until now?

Are these the same threats, or different threats, and why hasn't the media made the correlation regarding the similarities?

[Edited on 26-5-2004 by DeltaChaos]

Q

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 11:43 PM
link   
It's gotta be the same threats--the "90%" figure is too dead-on to be just coincidence. There's a lot of speculation as to what this latest warning is all about.

Sure, they're quoting 'old news', but that in itself has some signifigance, I think. They mention the 'clouds of black death' bit...and then they show us pictures of people we need to be on the lookout for, nationwide, right now. Again, this says something.

This is all mere conjecture, but here goes...our alphabet people are onto something potentially very big here. The fact that they're warning everyone tells me that although they know what's going on, they're not sure they can stop it in time on their own--here's where the millions of civvie eyes and ears come in. All it will take is for someone to recognize one of these people and say "hey, I saw him at the 7-11 on Main street yesterday!" and that will give them a big edge on finding them. At the same time, law enforcement agencies everywhere are getting posters with these people on them as well, in the hopes that a routine traffic stop might turn something up. It would appear that the establishment may be grasping at straws on this one, but they're straws that really need to be grasped.

And if all hell breaks loose, well...at least we were warned and no one can say they didn't try.

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 11:59 PM
link   
I saw the brief today, but I don't remember the names of those people or what they look like, and I don't really plan to memorize them. I assume most other people think the same. Of course, I live in a town of less than 2000 and I doubt any of them will be showing up here. I don't however, allow my remoteness from civilization lull me into a false sense of security, because I really think that the next attack will take a form that will hurt us more than by causing the deaths of innocents. I think they will try to hit us where it hurts. In the stomach!

new topics

join