It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Argument Cheat Sheet

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   
For all the long time partners and noobs......

You can thank me later.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d1cefa9f2a07.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

Two words to guarantee the longevity of any relationship: "Yes Dear."

Two others: "I'm sorry."

Same thing, really.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by leftystrat

Yeah every time I ask an old guy that's been married a long time what their secret is....They say "just agree with her"...

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 02:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Signals

And if you do make the mistake of disagreeing, always remember the phrase that will get you out of the trap you stupidly entered:

"I'm sorry, you are right and I am wrong. I couldn't be more wrong."

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Yeah every time I ask an old guy that's been married a long time what their secret is....They say "just agree with her"...

Most of the time that is true, however, if you just roll over on every little thing, you're then not seen as being all that manly....

Sometimes, you have to stick to your guns, but there is always the point where you have to decide just how far you want to push.

The better advice is...pick your battles. Don't sweat the small stuff... Save your chips for the BIG discussions....

EDIT: I've been married for 6 years now (as of end of this month)...(and yes, I already ordered something for my wife to be delivered to her work...little tip there guys...they like getting things at work)....

6 years may not seem all that long to some, but I'm only in my 30's, and it is my first (and only planned) marriage.

[edit on 27-1-2010 by Gazrok]

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 04:48 AM
link   
I love to Argue with my woman all the time . Makeup Sex is all I can get out of her nowadays.................

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 05:27 AM
link   
Ok, to help you guys out, I have good piece of advice for you. This will allow you to win every single argument with your lady and drive her to insanity at the same time.

1) (and this is the key) Never, EVER, loose your temper, don't yell, don't shout, think of yourself as Spock from Star Trek. This drives women completely insane, they don't like it if they can't get to you.

2) Don't fall for "the trap" if you want to know what "the trap" is, I'll let Dane Cook explain it, does a much better job than I do.

***WARNING LANGUAGE***

See guys, if you don't let them get under your skin, they don't stand a chance in a fight. Be calm, cool, and collected, speak slowly, evenly and this is the phrase that will cause them to completely snap...

When she has had enough of this mellow argument from you, she is going to start getting flustered, even angry, when she starts this, stay calm, and say. "Well, if you can't discuss this like an adult, we can discuss this at another time." Then immediately walk out of the room, don't give her a chance to respond.

My Ex hated this, (might be part of the reason she is my ex)

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   
If they say they are "fine", they are certainly not fine

If they say "go ahead", do not under any circumstances "go ahead"

If ist that time of the month....youre pretty much screwed...wether you talk or not

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman
If they say they are "fine", they are certainly not fine

If they say "go ahead", do not under any circumstances "go ahead"

If ist that time of the month....youre pretty much screwed...wether you talk or not

Being a married woman myself I can say that everything Oz has stated is FACT! My husband (actually ex-husband...he wanted me back...silly man, anywho) steers clear of me the week of PMS, and if he does hit a nerve, he's quick to apologize just so he doesn't have to hear my bitching and whining. Yes, I fully admit woman are moody irrational beings, which is the main reason I hang with the boys!

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Be careful are agreement, on a regular basis.

Guys, if you say "youre right" too often, the youre just placating.....

......and that is even worse than disagreement.

Theres no real way to win.

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 08:20 AM
link   
lol everything said in this thread is true!

I try, but mostly cant help raising my voice when arguing with my wife & she always makes me feel bad by
she's admitted to me she can turn on the water works, but i feel bad when ever she does... thats why I dont want little girls when we have babies. they'll run rings around me!

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

Or as an old man told me; "when it comes time to argue, I just ask, do I want to be right or do I want to be happy.

[edit on 19-2-2010 by MikeNice81]

top topics

join