It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pictures of Giant Humanoid Skeletons Found

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Hey. Came across these pics., and was a little taken aback. Anyone know anything else about the legitimacy of this supposed find? This isn't for real, right?! The article says National Geography is in charge of the dig....

www.onelight.com...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/54fa57c1a4b8.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/27a2aa046a7d.jpeg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/70a8b3340410.jpeg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/280ca6ea00d1.jpeg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/932cdaa827d4.jpeg[/atsimg]

Best,
Skunknuts

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Yeah it's hard to believe this just from the site itself. The second picture down looks like the one has a pistol in its hand... haha. Could very well be photoshopped... I haven't heard of anything like this yet; I'm sure it would have blown up all over the tube.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by skunknuts

I remember these a while back. They were said to be uncovered in Saudi Arabia and then later to be proven fake.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Sorry to say that most if not all of them have made their rounds here at ATS before. HOAX.

I believe they were all part of an online contest for photo editing.

Cool work though.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by skunknuts
Anyone know anything else about the legitimacy of this supposed find?

Hoax www.snopes.com...

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 01:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

Hmm. The article says a desert in India, which supposedly verifies their ancient beliefs. Who knows.

Best,
Skunknuts

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Yeah a lot of people still believe these pictures are the real deal. It wasn't because they're so gigantic the people a few years back believed the giant's in the photos we're real. It's because they believed that these giant's were the nephilim in the bible. urbanlegends.about.com...

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by dereks

Originally posted by skunknuts
Anyone know anything else about the legitimacy of this supposed find?

Hoax www.snopes.com...

Thanks, that makes sense!

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Romantic_Rebel

Yeah a lot of people still believe these pictures are the real deal. It wasn't because they're so gigantic the people a few years back believed the giant's in the photos we're real. It's because they believed that these giant's were the nephilim in the bible. urbanlegends.about.com...

The pics. are actually really well done, lol!

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 02:02 AM
link   
It's not a HOAX really it is in the way that other people have taking the photos and ran with the HOAX but the people that made the photos did not intend to make a HOAX.

The photos are photoshoped they come from a site called worth1000.com its a contest website that lets photoshopers compete some times for money. I know this because i have seen the photos there and im a member of worth1000.com

However i have seen photos an news paper stories of the "real" thing.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by GunzCoty

Some people are gullible to believe what they see at first is the truth, Then later after finding out the pictures are fake they'll discredit what they believed earlier.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Well done for changing your mind! You've just become the first member of the week to change their mind on ATS! On other 'giant skeleton/nephilim' threads the OP insists they are real. They then suspect that 'TPTB' are hiding the 'Truth!' Yeah, cos a dead race of fricking giants would cause social anarchy...

I'm starring and flagging you for making me do an air punch and air guitar riff this early in the day. ATS! The Force is strong in this one....

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Yep they are from Worth1000 a photoshop contest page. I tried my had in it a while ago.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 02:51 AM
link   
They were supposedly found in the Rub' al Khali (Empty Quarter) of Saudi Arabia. They dont look like great examples of Photoshopping but evidence by those in the know suggest that they are definitely fakes.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 02:57 AM
link   
This was years back I read the same article. It is supposed to be the Annunaki.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 04:46 AM
link   

ok the frist pic is debunked by simple fact checking. also, the article just talks about the tablets they found that described the skeleton were lookin at instead of actually describing the skeleton. where is the national geographic article/team and where are the tablets?

the second pic the skeleton is almost twice the comparative size as the first and i'm pretty positive that's a photoshopped gigatic revolver next to his right hand... all they did is add in the skeleton to a construction site and a revolver for some reason. i dunno i guess it makes it more indiana jones or something

3rd picture is the same as the first, but in color. why is a guy taking a spadeless shovel to the skull of this thing?

4th picture is total nonsnese and i can't believe you think it's real.
that is a painted skeleton on the side of a rock face and some douche is posing with a SHOVEL of all tools next to it? but hat's not even the worst part.
not only is the depth coloring on it horrible, but there is no way we would see the bones on the left side of this skeleton sticking out of the face of the rock as well as the right hemisphere of the skeleton, it would be sticking out more, and like i said, there isn't nearly enough depth detail for that to be true.

the last picture is exactly the same as the 2nd pic, just angled differently.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Definitely fake in my opinion.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Check worth1000.com for those fakes. It's a photoshop contest page. And also old ones

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   
well....Goliath was supposed to be really big. Maybe there was a whole race of big people? Or these are photoshoped? Or maybe these are gorillas? Or maybe just a general hoax?

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   
If those photos are shopped or not is not the question at the moment.

I googled and found some old newspaper stories:

The Deseret News - Jan 30, 1902

"...the grave was 15 feet long and 8 feet in width. The body had been broken in order to get it into the grave which was too short. The forearm...measures 4 feet....The 5 men who saw the grave...agreed that his chest measurement could not have been less than 8 feet."

news.google.com...,4827732&dq=giant-skeleton&hl=en

-------------------------------------------------------------

Chicago Daily Tribune - Aug 28, 1883

"George Arnold, a farm hand in the employ of Franklin Boots, who lives about fifteen miles west of this city, made a discovery which has, excited widespread interest in this county. The object of this interest is the skeleton of what once was a man or gigantic proportions, which was uncovered in a gravel pit on Mr. Boots' farm."
Unfortunately, it doesnt say more about the size.

pqasb.pqarchiver.com...:592130952&FMT=ABS&FMTS=ABS:AI&type=historic&date=Aug+28%2C+1883&author =&pub=Chicago+Tribune&desc=A+GIANT+SKELETON.&pqatl=google

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Waikato Times - Jul 01, 1884

"Professor P.W. Norris, Assistant United States Ethnologist, has recently discovered the ruins of an ancient city....
In the centre of this vault, lying horizonttaly on its back, was a giant skeleton, 7ft 6in long, and measuring 19in through the breast under the arms".
Big fellow, but not so giant.

paperspast.natlib.govt.nz...

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Chicago Daily Tribune - Oct. 18, 1908

"Was Adam the Tallest Man That Ever Lived!
Story Told in Cemeteries. Men Nearly Nine Feet Tall. Fabulous Tales Not Believed. All Legends Have Giants. History Thinks Man Smaller. Opinion Held in All Ages. Giants Found in Carthage. Images on Deserted Islands. No Signs of Scaffolding. Why There Were Giants.
Chicago Daily Tribune (1872-1922) - Chicago, Ill.
Date: Oct 18, 1908
Start Page: F3
Pages: 1
Text Word Count: 2639"

---------------------------------------------------------

LA Times - Aug 04, 1907

FIND PREHISTORIC GRAVEYARD.
Railroad Graders Cut Into Burying Ground of Ancient Pygmy Race. Giant of Eight Feet Discovered.

Los Angeles Times (1886-1922) - Los Angeles, Calif.
Author: DIRECT WIRE TO THE TIMES.
Date: Aug 4, 1907
Start Page: IV11
Pages: 1
Section: Classified Advertisement
Text Word Count: 259

pqasb.pqarchiver.com...:347578692&FMT=CITE&FMTS=CITE:AI&type=historic&date=Aug+04%2C+1907&author=&pub =Los+Angeles+Times&desc=FIND+PREHISTORIC+GRAVEYARD.&pqatl=google

--------------------------------------------------------

Just a start - no pictures found in that old newspaper stories.

What you say ????

top topics

<<   2 >>

join