It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Send me your money.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   
What does everyone think of the HOPE FOR HAITI NOW campaign going on now.

It is pretty much on every channel here in the US.

From the hopeforhaitinow.org website-Hope For Haiti Now

A. HOW DONATIONS ARE USED

1. Where will my donation go? Donations made to "Hope for Haiti Now" will benefit these nonprofit organizations to provide Haiti earthquake relief: The Clinton Bush Haiti Fund: www.clintonbushhaitifund.org United Nations World Food Programme: www.wfp.org Oxfam America: www.oxfamamerica.org Partners in Health: www.pih.org or www.standwithhaiti.org Red Cross: www.redcross.org UNICEF: www.unicef.org Yele Haiti Foundation: www.yele.org

2. How much of my donation will go directly toward helping people in Haiti? 100 percent of all donations raised from the public will go directly to relief organizations on the ground in Haiti. No administrative costs or other program expenses are charged by "Hope for Haiti Now."

2. Why do you need my e-mail address?

Your e-mail address is required so we can send you a proper acknowledgement of your donation. Details of your donation are found in this e-mail, which you can print or save for tax purposes.

3. What is the federal tax identification number for "Hope for Haiti Now"?

The Hope for Haiti Now Federal Tax ID number is 95-1644609. This number is also known as the employer identification number or EIN. Hope for Haiti Now is a special fund established at the Entertainment Industry Foundation (EIF), a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt charitable organization.

I myself am very suspicious that the donations are not being required to give specific percentage of the donations going directly to the relief work.

Notice the FAQ part that states 100% is going to these charitable organizations.

Also, I miss my regularly scheduled mind numbing programming.

[edit on 1/23/2010 by endisnighe]

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   
IT'S ON EVERY CHANNEL! A little much. How much money is really going to helping Haiti I do wonder.. and how was it decided which channels aired this?

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   
It was put together very fast with ALL the major players on board. I share your concerns but believe someone is making a lot of money.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   
I suggest you look at the FAQ page, and see if the e-mail contact equates to a genuine MTV source. The 100% claim at the home page, may be at odds with the idea that it is supporting known big charities, who do not use 100% of donations to a particular cause.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   
I think its great that the world is reaching out to help these people!!

However I have my doubts on if they are going to see any of this "help" in time! I saw something today about tons of medical supplies, and supplies sitting on an airstrip in Haiti! Its not doing them any good there, and its claimed by the commander that the structure just is not in place to start to dole out these supplies!!!

I have a feeling that a BIG % of this Haiti fund, will sadly go to make alot of people BIG money!!! Kinda like how the 911 funds turned out..

Anytime you have people throwing money, you will have those folks who will make sure they profit from just things...

My whole thing is this... I just hope it gets to the right people, in the right amount of time.. Things are breaking down there, and have been for the week.

Its a sobering reminder of the world in which we live.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Here ( Netherlands ) , they organised a big Haiti day.

We gave 41 million euro's Our goverment doubled it to 82 million euro's

When you think about it ?? We have about a population of 16 million people. Probably about half wouldn't give a penny.

So it's a lot of money we donate.Maybe we should just buy the whole isle.
For 82 million you probably aid all Haitians.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I think the program is great. Many.... many.... celebrities. The song choices are very good. This is such a good thing. Live performances also from London. The folks from London must have to be up until 2 and 3 in the morning.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Im always suspicious of charities.I remember the Princess Diana fund being run by her brother,lots of problems there.

I am struggling looking after my partner who had a stroke,I could do with some myself.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 09:25 PM
link   
off course someone is making a lot of money

but what can we do? I mean, thats always going to happen ...

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 11:26 PM
link   
heard someone say

where were these celebrities during katrina?????

yeah good question,,,, charity begins at home

i don't want anyone to suffer,,,,, but i think america,,,in general,,, has it's priorities screwed up

33 billion more for afghanistan,,,,, a war to kill people

what would that same amount do in haiti,,,,, much more good than were it's going

ps,, i read somewhere goldman donated a million,,,, that was basically a day's pay or maybe it was 11 minutes i think,,,,,, it was something ridiculous

scumbags

top topics

join