It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Church of Scientology sending ministers and doctors to Haiti

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   
According to the Miami Herald, The Church of Scientology is readying a plane to send ministers and doctors to Haiti. I suppose the Church of Scientology has every right in the word to attempt to get subscribers by way of "missions" overseas. But if you are truly wanting to help people just send the doctors--forget the Scientology ministers!

Apparently, there is no official Church of Scientology in Haiti, but I guess they are seeking to change that;

The Church of Scientology is chartering a plane Thursday evening from Miami International Airport to Port-au-Prince carrying Scientology ministers, Mormon medics and Haitian-American doctors to join relief efforts in Port-au-Prince.

The 168-seat aircraft is the second the church is sending to Haiti. A crew of 126 volunteers flew from John F. Kennedy International Airport to Haiti Sunday to provide water, food and medical supplies to earthquake victims.

Thursday's group will arrive on a plane from Los Angeles before picking up supplies and more passengers in South Florida and departing for Port-au-Prince. About half of the passengers will be ``volunteer ministers'' who will use Scientology techniques to assist the injured, said Mercedes Alvarez, a South Florida Church of Scientology member.

See Original Source to Read More

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   
I wonder where Tom Cruise fits in to all of this?? hahahaha

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by FeralMonkeyMagic
I wonder where Tom Cruise fits in to all of this?? hahahaha

haha probably at least a financial sponsor! But of course if they have any couches there he will be sure to jump up and down on one...

[edit on 21-1-2010 by Sf18443]

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Sf18443

BWAHAHAHH!

maybe we should tell him allthe couches are broken...

*tom flies home dissapointed*

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Luckily enough most the people of Haiti are too poor to afford the books and other tools that you are required to purchase, to become a scientologist

If anything is good about living in poverty, then this, sadly, is probably the only reason

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Any group that would use such a disaster for self gain is absolutely disgusting.

Haiti has more important things to worry about then spending all their money on Scientology.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by deadline527
Any group that would use such a disaster for self gain is absolutely disgusting.

Haiti has more important things to worry about then spending all their money on Scientology.

Total agree...

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 12:59 AM
link   
The trenches of World War 1 attracted rats and parasites... I can't think why this analogy came to mind

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Battling extraterrestrial souls (body thetans) aren't exactly on Haitians minds right now. Destroying the forces of Xenu will have to wait!

Though the Sea Org is probably docking at port at this moment with e-meters in hand and Tom Cruise at the helm of fighting suppressive persons.

Tom Cruise in BATTLE OF THE THETANS. The next epic sci-fi film coming in the Summer of 2011...lol.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Not a big fan of the scientology con. But... If people are saved by the doctors who are going? Who are we to complain...the Haitians won't be.

Every little bit helps.

top topics

join