It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gore and moveon.org playing politics again...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Gore calls for resignations in Bush administration

cnn.com - Gore is like the head cheerleader. Talk about party politics...

www.cnn.com...

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Gee politicians and political organizations playing politcs? Wow, imagine that.

You should actually read the transcript of Gore's speech. Though it's probably too intellectual....
"Those hi faulttin libruls with their big words, proper pronounciation, and book learnin'!"

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flinx
Gee politicians and political organizations playing politcs? Wow, imagine that.

You would think people would have got tired of all the politics by now. I still meet people everyday who are adament liberals or conservatives, and they start repeating the sermons that their favorite politicians preach. Its so easy to crush their little fantasies. I understand we have to hope that someone out there cares about the people. Someone has to be honest! Someone has to be geniune! But no, they don't exist.

One day the people of the world will wake up and overthrow the regimes that have taken control. One day the conquerers will be conquered.

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 10:01 PM
link   
He looked like a fire and brimstone preacher, screeching to the faithful. This is the second time in recent months he's gone postal. The last time he did that, I swear he looked like he was drunk.

A very embarassing display for a former vice president of our country.

And to think he was a heartbeat away from the presidency.

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Why are Republican in such a "circle the wagons" mentality that they fail to see what Gore was saying makes perfect sense? Many of you have also been in the military, yet you turn a blind eye to severe deriliction of duty, a corrupted chain of command, and the political apperatus completely usurping war planning from the generals.
I know you didn't listen to what he outlined, but it makes perfect sense. He did not call for Cheney or Bush's head, just those whose departments designed a clusterf**k.
For Bejeebus's sake people, you've had staunch Republican ex-General's saying the same thing repeatedly!!

And the "embarassment" you feel for Gore? Probably a deep rooted remorse that someone who actually cares about the country more than corporate imperialism and staying in power was actually denied the presidency he rightfully WON

[Edited on 27-5-2004 by Bout Time]

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bout Time
Why are Republican in such a "circle the wagons" mentality that they fail to see what Gore was saying makes perfect sense? Many of you have also been in the military, yet you turn a blind eye to severe deriliction of duty, a corrupted chain of command, and the political apperatus completely usurping war planning from the generals.
I know you didn't listen to what he outlined, but it makes perfect sense. He did not call for Cheney or Bush's head, just those whose departments designed a clusterf**k.
For Bejeebus's sake people, you've had staunch Republican ex-General's saying the same thing repeatedly!!

[Edited on 27-5-2004 by Bout Time]

ok first off there are two differences...

one there are plenty of others who have created scandals but he hasnt or never has called for their resginations...

two he's not doing this because he thinks its the right thing to do but because it gets him back in the spot light. he's grandstanding and trying to look like he's still at the top of the democratic food chain when he's grasping at straws and on his way down. from here on out he's on a mud slide that wont stop until he's only giving small speeches at comminuty centers to senior citizens.

as i said in another thread similar to this but in another forum...if we got rid of every person who caused a scandal we couldnt keep anyone in office...

and at the least if we're going to call for the resignation of those who have caused scandals lets call for the resgination of EVERYONE that has created a scandal just to make it fair. so everyone in any position of power should leave their office and hang their sorry ass heads in shame.

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 10:08 AM
link   
And it is a major issue.
First: While I respect & agree with your opinion that anyone who's tasted the ambrosia wanting to be at the table again, I think we both agree the Gore is not s stupid man. I feel that he knows that his stature in the party is lower than whale shiit; the Dean endorsement, though right, was the coup d'grace.

Second:
Minimizing a 1000 deaths & 10's of thousands of maiming of US military personnel, as well as the S of D & AG clearly being on record as saying that the rules of the Geneva Convention do not apply - thus giving us an equal torture credability to the Baath regime ( and a bulls eye drawn on every American there, as per RANT's avatar) - not to mention a $100 Billion price tag , THAT's much more than a scandal.
As much as I understand the perspective, it's too serious to be dismissed as a partisan politcs in an election year scandal; ther's just too much bi-partisan condemnation on the whole fiasco.

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 10:38 AM
link   
The only fiasco is the Left's willingness to tear down the military in order to win the November election. Everyone ignores stories about soldiers saying how much good they are doing and how Iraq is changing. The only thing we hear about is the IED's and the AG scandal. The left wing media is trying to win the election for Kerry because they hate Bush and what he stands for. Liberal guilt is a powerful thing. The 24/7 coverage of the prison scandal by the media has had its effect, Bush's poll ratings are down lower than they ever have. I think they (left wing media) peeked a little to early though. Notice Kerry is running slow and low right now, letting his buddies in the media bash Bush for him? You want to talk about conspiracy? There is a conspiracy; the Media, Hollywood and the FAR left are all conspiring to paint the picture that the US is a failure and it's Bush's fault. Any and all evidence to the contrary will be ignored or minimized. Anything that points to failure is played up and coverage is maximized.

Republicans need to spend a bunch of money talking about the duplicitous media and their backing of Kerry. They have to run the commercials against the media. I saw a CNN interview the other day and the woman was clearly on the side of the ex-Clintonite. It was a two against one argument against the Conservative. It was obvious bias. We are not hearing whole truth anymore we are hearing only slants of the left, for the most part, with a few conservative voices and most of those are on the radio.

Variable

[Edited on 5/27/2004 by Variable]

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Did you catch that cool thread at Free Republic about CNN being bombed? You authored that, right?

"Tearing down the military" is putting Don Rumsfield & karl Rove over war planning instead of the Joint Chiefs while sending 135,000 headcount for what the last two Generals in command of ME Command said would take 300,000.

You don't give a damn about the military, if you did you'd listed to the Republicans from the Nixon/Ford/Reagan/Bush administrations saying the same thing, you're just worried about keeping power for that Dim Bulb burning in the White House.

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 01:24 PM
link   
From Bout Time:

And the "embarassment" you feel for Gore?

I don't feel any embarassment for him. More like a disgust at seeing someone laying in their own feces under a bridge. He is he one who should be embarassed.

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 01:41 PM
link   
But don't let facts get in the way of your ideology.

I say God bless him, he's had an epihany; if only he would have yelled down the fascism against him & the country like he's doing now, he would have won the prsidency by a so much wider margin that all of the tinkering in Florida would not have made it close.
Still, a 1/2 million more votes with our crappy American voter turnout says it all.

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Well, I voted for him in 2000, which explains a lot of my disappointment in his actions.

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 07:46 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure people are allowed to express which party or candidate they favour, what do you propose? We sue gore for being political?

He's a politician for the opposition (government in waiting), and at every turn it is expected by the public and by his fellow politicians, that he criticise or defame his opponents in any way.

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I see BT's shovel is working fine these days....
still trying to shovel 30lbs of BS into a 15lb bag.

seekerof

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
I see BT's shovel is working fine these days....
still trying to shovel 30lbs of BS into a 15lb bag.

seekerof

That'd be funnier if you made a counterpoint, from my viewpoint its nothing but childish poking! Shame on you seekerof! You're not getting my vote!

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 08:06 PM
link   
I don't need no stinking votes.

You can have mine though...let me know when you want it.
Same for BT.

seekerof

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
I don't need no stinking votes.

You can have mine though...let me know when you want it.
Same for BT.

I'll have whatever is free.

Wait! That was an insult! I'm hurt now! I'm going to bury my head in ice cream and watch Orlando Bloom movies.

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 08:19 PM
link   
I agree Flinx. They're just a durned bunch of elitists.

Gore Playing polictics?

Lordie, lordie..........will he every change.

But then, he did invent politics. So maybe we can cut him a break?

[Edited on 28-5-2004 by gmcnulty]

[Edited on 28-5-2004 by gmcnulty]

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 08:28 PM
link   
From Nerdling:

He's a politician for the opposition (government in waiting), and at every turn it is expected by the public and by his fellow politicians, that he criticise or defame his opponents in any way.

He is a former VP of the United States. He is in the global eye. He should have the decency to act like it, not to "defame his opponents in any way" by barking like a rabid dog.

top topics

join