It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thoughts on a New Religion

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   

"When, in the course of human events.."

As the title may assume, a new religion may become necessary to severe old, confounded ties with the religions of old. A religion of new understanding to generation who will not welcome the ideas of old when packaged as the ideas of old. Where spirit and soul can be grasped again. Where seers, holy men, wise men, and just people can voice their unheard message of the world.

This ideas has holes, I know.
Like, "The "need" of a messiah", which isn't needed at all. The collective love and thoughts of men can create harmony through understanding.

"The conflicting battle of religion and religious views of different faiths.", this isn't as easily answerable.

There are many holes to be filled and holes to be found. What are you're ideas on something like this?

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   
A poor man can afford these values. If we cannot teach or comprehend what the great wise men and sages and ordinary men have said throughout the times, how can we expect others to follow such a message or comprehend it themselves. World, we need that understanding to flow through our collective consciousness and unconsciousness. World, we need men to light the fire and guide the way, no matter what lays before us.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Can't we just drop the whole religion thing alltogether and just adapt spiritualism? No rules, no dogma and no organisation that could be corrupted into something evil. Just personal spiritualism that does not need supporters.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Harman

Damn Harmon beta me to it sadly but yes Spirituality seems like a much better choice than any religion that I can think of anyway because Religion is something IMO that is around to keep us controlled.

If everyone was spiritual and or meditate daily and actually want to improve themselves spiritually wouldn’t that be a much better world than people killing others over them being a different religion to them for example.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I'm sorry, I spoke badly.

I meant as a religion to improve peoples' spiritual connection, not to put in new mandates like the religions of the day. To help inform others of this. To invoke more meditation throughout the world for better global health and understanding. My original idea just needed some outside thought. Thanks!

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Tantalus

i've been going over and over this through in my head for awhile now i just need someone to work with me because i would rather talk about through voice then to type a whole book down while i'm typing thoughts here this is t totally different then if i were to write a book which i'm writin one in my head to both corresponing with one another but for now

one thing that i would think would be the best way to create a new religion is to take all the main religious bibles of the world so for example we would take the holy bible,the koran, i dont know the name of these other religious bibles or if they have one but hinduism,buddism and you get the idea and take what would be the best key's from each and put them together someone might argue

that would never work there all different religions with different beliefs..uhh who cares your creating a new path to follow for society and just one bible doesnt hold everything that makes sense and plus were nto exactly talking about creating a god to follow were talking about new beliefs or ways to live life to make it more desirable then the religions of old that used fear and force to obtain power and popularity

i would even encourage melting in ancient history and or mythology with it also some things that were discovered by aleister crowley some people view him as a worshipper of satan but infact he was not like always satan become's a cop out and again because were not exactly creating a new god there will not be some evil deity either as this has always been a reason for people not to accept responsibility for there flaws,actions

but this idea deffinately needs to be re evaluated and i need to get to work on this but like i mentioned would be alot easier if i had help with it!

[edit on 21-1-2010 by metalholic]

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Harman

I agree with you on this. Why do we need religeon at all? If someone wants to get in touch with there spirituality. Then they just need to look inside themselves and make up there own minds.

Religeon only serves to seperate. Those who seek wisdom can read it in any book. It does'nt need to be packaged as the word of a "God" or promise a fast track to eternal bliss.

No we dont need a religeon to bond all religeons. We just need to abolish religeon. In my oppinion anyway.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   
The very word religion, from the Latin RELEGARE, meaning "to bind back or fasten," implies slavery. I think the OP/Tantalus gets the general idea per his or her last post. No religion can compare to purest spirituality.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Algebra

something that isnt viewed as a religion might become a religion so either way you go about at some point what was not meant to be a religion will become one once enough people begin to follow it then it becomes a cult and with longivity would become a religion and your not going to take away everything that people follow as a group because they will find something to follow with there fellow brethern and it would become a religion so either way the total ambolishment theory is screwed!

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Well, whatever this religion that may be new and may be called, just hope it doesn't try to exempt itself from paying taxes, that looks shysty...plus its gonna make the other cults jealous.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by metalholic

Im not saying a group of people would'nt all agree on certain wisdom and join together in belief of it. Its when you start saying that "God" commands you to do this that problems occur. I doubt suicide bombers would give there lives for a book on philisophical thinking and wisdom. If Allah was'nt in the picture. Telling them theres a promised land. Maybe those people who chose to follow the same ideals would prefer to discuss the differences of oppinion. Instead of killing each other over them.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Algebra

yeah i agree to a degree but what i'm getting at is your saying why do we need religion at all i agree with that but at the sametime it will never be abolished if join in together to prey to a wad of chewed up bubble gum it will become a religion or if people join together in meditation its going to become a religion there's no getting rid of it so might aswell create a godless one with an open opinion toward the after life like people need to have for people to follow!

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by metalholic

Yeah but what is a godless religion? Is it still a religion if you take the god bit out? When you talk of someone as being religious. You automaticly associate them with following "God" and following his word.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Algebra

or some divine deity yeahi got ya but yes there could be a religion that is godless just because the popular belief is that if someone is religious then they must follow some divine being doesnt mean that it has to be that way and it isnt that way anything can be made into a cult and then with time and growth that cult can become a religion it just takes unpackaging of all these other people still in there boxes theres alot of people and alot of boxes i think it would take genrations to un do what the past has done but in any case its always good to get a jump on it for the future generation so with that said i say yes lets create a godless religion

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
If I could just make one suggestion...if there could be some token, like a skull or something that you could pass around and only the person who is holding the skull would be allowed to talk, I think that would suppress a lot of the arguments that you get with most religions today. I'm thinking something along the lines of a deer skull that's already deceased by natural causes and not anything creepy like a human head. Also people like to talk a lot, so maybe the skull could have a built-in timer. Here, I'm virtually throwing the skull to the next person...take it away.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Why have religion when we live in an age of argument, and disagreement? Everyone has a conscious on what they believe, let them decide what path they choose. We have a free will might as well use it to our advantages.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 03:41 AM
link   
reply to post by KonquestAbySS

Yeah but some would say that if enough people do that. Then that itself could be called a religion.

The Religion of independant thought.

There you go. Theres are new religion.

Now gimme some money.

[edit on 22-1-2010 by Algebra]

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   
read book of the law by aleister crowley maybe that can help..more then likely someone will call him a devil worshipper shows you how ignorant being a bible thumper is! anything outside of the bible is the devil!

top topics

join