It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK ATS & Conspiracy theory seminar/gathering

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

If beer is a must, I say we hire a haunted pub or something.... that would be funny.

Or just some kind of social club/working mans club...

Anywhere with beer i guess.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup

If beer is a must, I say we hire a haunted pub or something.... that would be funny.

Lol....blup, you do know that my own pub is haunted don't you?

Shame it is a tadge too small and probably too far out out of the way in the North East for most people.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Really?

What a coincidence.... Hmmmmm shame that it's way up there mate.

How far exactly are you... whereabouts?

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

Never exactly revealed my hometown....some have guessed where I live,but wtf, I live in Darlington.
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Ok cool.

Well I guess for people coming from Cornwall it is a bit of a mission.
Do you sleep/live above the pub?

Freaky man.

Just looked on your profile and saw your "haunted pub" thread.

What happened after that, have you had any other weirdness?

My vote is for Freeborn's Pub

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Hes got my vote, its a pub thats what won it, with the additional ghostly happenings.

Good times.

I think if ATS had a meeting with alcohol, the internationals would be booking flights to come.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Sorry for contributing and not being from UK (yet
), but why don't you make an independent ATS users gathering?
I post in local forums and we do them time to time. It's fun to meet the people you know by a forum in person

We usually go to a park, get some drinks (non alcoholic since we can't drink in public places here), and usually we start talking about forum topics and end up talking nonsense and making friends. Believe me, I've met some of my best friends in this way

Just my opinion. I'd love to met some ATSers IRL, but the chilean population here is so small and it's hidden =(

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Have had lot's more 'paranormal activity', most recently two weeks ago when both I and a member of my staff independently witnessed the same 'ghost / spirit'.

The most common one is called Connie and she she helps me sometimes, lol.

I am having another ghost hunt by professional ghost hunters sometime soon. I then intend to update the thread with all the happenings since I last posted.

My pub is one of a dying breed; a local's drinking boozer...the type the pubco's are trying to shut and has a rather 'lively' clientelle.
Some are quite dismissive but other's share their experience's with me.
It can be quite interesting as I have what can only be described as a liberal interpretation of the licensing laws,
and as such most experiences are put down to the lateness of the hour and the amount of alcohol consumed!

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn

My pub is one of a dying breed; a local's drinking boozer...the type the pubco's are trying to shut and has a rather 'lively' clientelle.
Some are quite dismissive but other's share their experience's with me.
It can be quite interesting as I have what can only be described as a liberal interpretation of the licensing laws,
and as such most experiences are put down to the lateness of the hour and the amount of alcohol consumed!

Awesome mate.
Sounds like you have a great time there.

I guess you're used to the ghost by now too.

I'll be interested to see what the investigation finds man.

And lock-ins are cool too

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Oh we have a ball I assure you.
Too many pubs nowadays want their customers to be very quiet, spend their money and go away very quitely etc.
Balls to all that crap!
Drinkers are treat appallingly now.

We enjoy each other's company, we discuss current affairs, we laugh, we joke, we dance, we play games and generally have a good #ing time and when unfortunately we have to we cry together and stick together through good and bad times, no matter what.

Still, enough of that.

Unfortunately my pub would probably be too small for such a gathering but I am sure we could find some suitable venue more central which would meet ALL our requirements.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Oh, forgot...yes I have got used to Connie, but there are still some events that take me by suprise and make my hair stand on end.

I will update my thread when I have a definate date for the next ghost hunt and after the ghost hunt has been conducted.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn

We enjoy each other's company, we discuss current affairs, we laugh, we joke, we dance, we play games and generally have a good #ing time and when unfortunately we have to we cry together and stick together through good and bad times, no matter what.
Still, enough of that.

Sounds amazing mate, Proper community spirit... something sadly lacking nowadays.
My local is kinda like that... everyone knows everyone and we stick together.
However I've cut down on drinking like, cut it out totally really so not there so much any more.

It dates from about the late 17th century and it was a bell Foundry before a pub.

Has lovely wooden beams throughout... a really cool, traditional pub.

And i remember being in the loft there, at midnight doing a ouija Board..

Unfortunately my pub would probably be too small for such a gathering but I am sure we could find some suitable venue more central which would meet ALL our requirements.

Shame... but yeah, I think Birmingham or somewhere similar as was suggested.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   
looks llike birmingham is the best location unless we do midlands north and south meetings ect .....................

it would be fun for a real chat instead of over the stupid laptops.

Meet our kind lol

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   
I dont really know anybody here so forgive me for talking out of turn.

Although I'd like to sit down with ATSers and have a good talk.

I like Antar' idea of a seminar, maybe we need to take small steps first more informal, if it gets going we can organise something bigger once momentum is achieved.

Would it be better to have seperate North and South meetings as we dont want to be staying over night. And since drink is mandatory we could do with designated drivers, I'm not a big drinker and I've got an MPV so I'm willing to drive there and pick people up on the way and drop them off.

I hope that helps some.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Pfft, No way! I want them to come to Dallas first!

As has been said they ATS does participate in a UFO expo in the bay area every year, if you ever happen to be in that area... Lots of the mods and other members go. I have not because I just can't afford to fly there...

If they ever hold any kind of convention anywhere remotely close to me I will HAVE to go! I would love to meet my fellow moderators and members!

[edit on 23-1-2010 by gimme_some_truth]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join