It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TA-THREATS: 7 Suspects Sought in US Terror Threats

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 03:26 PM
link   
In a press conference this afternoon, Attorney General John Ashcroft revealed the names and photos of seven persons who "present a clear and present danger" being sought. This is in relation to "credible intelligence from multiple sources" that a terrorist attack is being planned on US soil in the coming months. The seven are believed to be Al Qaeda operatives currently in the country. Two Canadian citizens and one American are among the group.
Tom Ridge indicated that despite the credible intelligence, there are no plans currently to raise the national terror alert level to orange.

Newsday.com

US citizens are urged to be on the lookout for the six men and one woman now considered among the country's most wanted.

ChannelNewsAsia.com
At least one of the seven suspects is said to have scouted sites across America that might be vulnerable to attack.
Ashcroft said another suspect, Adnan Shukrijumah, speaks English well, had lived in the United States for 15 years and has been trying to reenter the country using various passports.
Another suspect, Abderraouf Jdey, appeared in a video that was seized in Afghanistan.
The tape reportedly represents a last will and testament of a possible jihad martyr, according to Mueller, who said Jdey was a Canadian citizen born in Tunisia.
Another suspect was described as a qualified pilot, another received training at a militant camp in Afghanistan, the officials said.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Related News Stories:
Reuters
CNN Transcript of Press Conference

Related ATSNN Stories:
U.S. Warns Of Al Qaeda Threat This Summer
Al-Qaeda has at least 18,000 Fighters At Large
Memorial Day Weekend - Threat Level Raised?
Canada Threatend with Bombing by Al-Qaida
White house fears attacks leading up to the election

[Edited on 26-5-2004 by Banshee]

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 04:24 PM
link   
It appears that our government wishes the average citizen to become involved. This is an excelloent move. It reminds me of the the TV show "America's Most Wanted". It won't surprise me if this does bear results.
The Arab community is firmly embeded in the United States but they refuse to render assistance when it comes to one of there own. Lets see how they react to to the Christians in authority.

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 07:11 PM
link   
I would say that the US should offer a bounty on these terrorist's heads. If they are as dangerous as stated, then a MINIMUM of $5Million per.

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Something is very wrong with this picture and information released...can't pin it down...but something ain't right. Kind of like how Atta's passport survived 9/11.

The female in the picture, Aafia Siddiqui, according to Mansur Ijat (spelling?) FOX contributer and Jihad Watch contributer, says she is a doctor and asked him for help after 911 when FBI raided her office. It is believed that she treated one of 9/11 suspects but really has no other ties to Al-Qaeda.

Two of the other men are wanted in connection for the Embassy bombings in Africa, Ahmed Ghaliani and Fazul Mohammed... Tell me how did these known wanted men, suddenly were able to be in the USA?? They were on watch lists even before 9/11...something isn't right there.

And then there is the South Florida connection, Adnan El Shukrijuman, his face we have seen before, most notably right after 9/11. Two years of so-called hiding in the USA and this guy hasn't been spotted yet? His mother who lives still in Miramar believes he is not in the USA any longer.

something just don't feel right about this at all.

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 07:22 AM
link   
How can terrorists get into the US? simple, walk the Mexico border with the US, and its not the first time that other convicts that were being sought were able to hide for a long time, some of them could be still at large.

The US is a big country, and if you have connections and money....

I remember 5 years ago or less, two men escaped from a prison in south Florida, their pictures were posted and shown on tv for i think a couple of weeks. i can't remember if they both are still at large, but I know that at least one of them they were not able to find at all.

[Edited on 27-5-2004 by Muaddib]

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 07:40 AM
link   
"I would say that the US should offer a bounty on these terrorist's heads. If they are as dangerous as stated, then a MINIMUM of $5Million per. "

That's an excellent Idea.

"SERGEANT SERGEANT I SHOT ONE OF EM' TEEROREEST FELLAHS!"
"that's great... where's the body ?"
"Right here sergeant!"
"Sir... that's Jamal Hazzara... He's the kid who runs the corner shop"
"Well I'll be ! sure looked like one of them foreign fellahs"

putting bounty's on their heads tch! sure if you want every bloke wearing a turban from here to Texas gunned down by some idiot NRA moron.

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 07:56 AM
link   
as I research these 7 a little more, I am finding that most of these people are believed to be in other countries and not in the USA
www.jihadwatch.org...
....but yet Ashcroft says they are......hmmmm....and if they were not in the USA and tried to re-enter how is it possible that these known terrorists get back in? Am I smelling a bit of complacency? Could these people in "unknown whereabouts" be the scapegoats for another planned attack?
I cannot shake this feeling of something not being right with this alert.
Why issue an alert again for people already on the list that alerts were issued for previously, at least 3 of the 7 you could say that about. That's like suddenly issuing an alert for Bin Laden again...

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 08:06 AM
link   
"I cannot shake this feeling of something not being right with this alert. "

Me neither...
I can't help feeling that somethings going to happen... I don't know where and I don't know when but I'm sure ~Something~ is going to kick off...

And then I realise. Oh, The news tells me 24/7 that theres going to be a terrorist attack, I'm suffering dilusional paranoia induced by the media saturation of terrorism.

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
something just don't feel right about this at all.

That's the same feeling I had while watching this story on the news last night. What I think we have here is a carefully crafted attempt at of manipulating the public via these terror alerts. Here's my initial take of what we see:

1. Several suspects named at once. This give the viewer the impression they are working together, as a "cell", but no evidence is presented that they even know each other.
  2. There is a wide variety of suspects listed. Black, female, and one American. Gives the impression that "anyone can be a terrorist."
  3. No specific threat mentioned. This makes it seem as if everyone needs to be on their guard at all times. No one is safe.

While I don't doubt that there is a increased likelyhood of attacks this summer, this particular notification seems manufactured for public consumption.

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 10:25 AM
link   
For those who are feeling and hearing a conspiracy I thought that this link my be interesting for some of you out there to read.

I'm not saying anything about the validity of this article but it sure is something to think about and very interesting given some recent events.

www.breakfornews.com...

In order to bring about global government, the NWO needs a cataclysmic event to take place, AND it has to happen "by the numbers." But when it comes to the "Beast," only one particular number will do...and that number is 666 --as foretold in the Book of Revelation.

June 7th 2004 is exactly 999 days after September 11th.
(999 is the same as a 666 if you were to ask your local occultist. �As above, so below.�)

www.breakfornews.com...

[Edited on 27-5-2004 by nicolias]

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 10:49 AM
link   
"Can't pin it down..."
"It's just a feeling I have..."
"In my heart I know..."
"I feel it is so, therefore it must be so.."
"Something just doesn't feel right..."

You folks are in line for Mystic of the Month.

el topo:

Several suspects named at once. This give the viewer the impression they are working together, as a "cell", but no evidence is presented that they even know each other.

Right. It is better to present all evidence at once. Especially how we know, and who we might be watching.

There is a wide variety of suspects listed. Black, female, and one American. Gives the impression that "anyone can be a terrorist."

We KNOW that Americans, blacks, or women cannot be terrorists. Let's racially profile and just look for swarthy Saudi, Jordanian, etc. men in turbans with one way tickets at the airport. Why waste time on any other potential suspects?

No specific threat mentioned. This makes it seem as if everyone needs to be on their guard at all times. No one is safe.

Everybody is safe. Don't worry. We'll tell you what's going to happen a full 48 hours in advance, and we'll make hotel arrangements for you in a safe place till we take care of business. We'll send a car around to pick you up when you're ready

Simon

idiot NRA moron.

You've really got a thing for the NRA, don't you? They're the enemy, not al Qaeda, right?

:shk:
:shk:

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 10:56 AM
link   
"You've really got a thing for the NRA, don't you"

If by a "thing" you mean I've mentioned them in 2 posts out of the 100 odd I've contributed including that one then yes.

new topics

top topics

join