It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sup (per)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   
I want to introduce myself to the community of ATS, and following I will add a few thoughts.
I have been watching the site for roughly 7 months. I was a silent observer during this time and enjoyed being able to read the post’s/topics, without needing to sign up. I did attempt to sign up several times, but backed off while putting in my information.
I want to share my ideas with the community, and grow. I am not interested in status, flags n stars, but simple good ole conversation and debate, something to grow and learn from.
I was raised on the Bible and its teachings, and I hold strong to these as the final word, but I still have an open mind and I will question the contents of the Holy book. I have read the books of Enoch and find them interesting; I just finished reading the Terra papers and own a Bible with the apocrypha books that were removed from the KJ version of the bible. I will soon read Uranita papers. I want to bring refreshing Ideas to the boards on the lines of these topics. I am interested in many other topics, but won’t spend a lot of time focusing on them.
I have seen and been physically touch by other entities I classified as demons/spirits/ghosts. These experiences happened when I was younger, but still seem fresh in my mind till this day. I know for my own that there is something other than what I see out there. For years though I haven’t had an experience and I don’t want to neither. This might give you an Idea why I want to focus on spiritual texts like the Bible.
Final thought I know a lot of people question the authenticity of the bible, it seems to be attacked more than any other book, and quoted more than any other book.
Now let me seat you, nobody and I mean nobody can prove that the sun is bigger than the earth or the moon, ever seen how the moon seems to get bigger? Or the sun as it sets seems to get bigger? Optical illusion? Maybe, but have you measured either of these two? Can anybody prove how many stars are up in the sky? Have you counted them? The information that any of us have learned was written by people we never met, we read what they wrote and believe it or don’t. The big bag is just identical as the biblical story of creation; all the “scientists” did was remove God and kept the same story. All are reasonable guess at best but not actual fact. (re-write)
“Man will never understand anything until they understand they know nothing. “ Ats member :coolmanmike
I say that last statement because if any person comes at me telling my beliefs are wrong or incorrect and to search an earlier source like Sumerian text, which was written by a man/woman who you or I have never met thus I would just refer back to my original idea where we know nothing for our self’s, we just guess and hope/believe/faith in it. All past stories can be introduced by the evil as a means to an end. To confuse us to lose believe, the best lie has some truth in it. We have to believe these “writers” that in a cave there was found a text that predates the biblical story of the flood. When this can be a lie, and for the sake of argument it could be true, but then I can introduce the idea of adversary long ago that planted these, false text to fulfill a long plan of deception.
In the beginning was the word and the word was god and the word became god (look up)
That Bible verse is key: Lucifer was top angel or most beautiful and was cast down to earth before mans creation. And knew the word and knows the plan of God. Is it not logical to think that the first oldest known civilation the Sumerians would have some story of creation after seeing Lucifer and his fallen angels? Then Lucifer would introduce signs in the sky bring his angels to the population to deceive them telling them lies showing them wonders, knowing they would write about it and that in the near future we would uncover these long lost texts. That predated the actually Holy texts?

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Speculation is an atrocious tack to take in religious arguments. Might Satan have not done this or God done that?? I know it sounds logical to your mind but there is no way to back it up and no way to prove it. When discussing Christian Scriptures I believe it is always wise to stick to the scriptures. If the Bible doesn't say it happened then you don't get to "fill in the blanks" with whatever speculative fantasy that fits your need. Just a few steps down that path and you're solidly in Heresy-Land, and you wouldn't want to go there, now would you?

Instead of going thru all of the mental gymnastics required to build an intellectual platform to literally believe these ancient stories, why not simply admit that they're all fairy stories made up by primitive minds to explain the why and wherefore of things that they didn't have the inellectual tools to honestly understand? I'm not saying they were stupid. What I am saying is that Empericism was a mind-tool that had not yet been invented and their knowledge of how the planet worked was almost non-existant. Of course they made up fables to explain the unknown and to comfort themselves when a loved one departed. It's all so beautifully human an endeavor.

We have this huge brain that needs answers, In the absence of real knowledge our imagination will produce satisfying stories that will fulfill our emotional needs for a time. I would suggest you dig deeper into the phenomena of Religion and study those that you are not intellectually prepared to accept right now. You might find that you're missing more than you can imagine.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Well thanks for taking time to read my introduction.

Speculation is questioning and from that we learn, we can test ideas and find new ways of doing things and ways of not doing things.

You recommended I toss these stories out as pure fantasy, well I have thought of that , I have read many books that opened my mind into all kinds of possibilities , I’ve had my own original ideas also. But I have had some personal experiences that taught me there is something more than we currently know.

I don’t see the harm is following a belief of a singular God. And for the sake of argument if I’m wrong what do I lose?
You have rejected the stories as fantasy, while I have accepted them as truth/factual (not all). You are on your own slippery slope by “SPECULATEING” these stories are just made up of a man’s mind to help fill in voids of understanding, and an emotional connection.
Remember you learned from others, books, internet articles, internet web pages, friends and family’s word of mouth. These count for most of your knowledge, its only your personal experience that you can know for sure what is and everything else you think you know is speculation that what others have told you is true.
Thanks again for reading my intro
Matthew

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Sippy Cup

Hey there Sippy Cup ... to a Christian from a Pagan can I just say interesting introduction and welcome to ATS.

Woody

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwytch

Hello Woody, Thanks for reading my introduction.

I came a little strong in my introduction, but I feel passionately about what I believe in. I like how you came straight out and told me what you believe in it’s a fragment of who you are, but it allows for compare/contrast of each other.
Thanks for the welcome
Matthew

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Sippy Cup

Welcome aboard...

For your Safety Please keep all arms, limbs and vital organs in the tram while we are moving. We are not responsible for any lost or stolen personal items. Taking pictures of the indigenous wild life is permitted within the designated areas ONLY!

Upon request ATS will provide the necessary debriefing and deprogramming protocols after each session. It is highly recommended to participate in all applicable threads of your interests.

PEACE

Slay

top topics

join