It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TERRORISM: Terry Nichols Found Guilty on 163 Counts

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 02:42 PM
link   
The accused conspirator in the April 9th 1995 Oklahoma City bombing, Terry Nichols, has been found guilty by a jury on all counts against him. He is charged with 161 counts of first-degree murder, conspiracy, and aid in placing a bomb. He is expected to face the death penalty.

McAlesterNews.com

Jury deliberations took less than five hours, having commenced at 9am this morning.

Nichols is already serving a life sentence in federal prison for conspiracy charges and eight counts of manslaughter in the deaths of eight federal agents who died in the Alfred P. Murrah Federal building bombing. Today's verdict wrapped up a two month long Oklahoma state trial.

He will face sentencing beginning on June 1st at 10am. The jury will decide between life in prison, life in prison without parole, or the death penalty via lethal injection. Sentencing is expected to take several weeks to complete.

168 people died in the bombing of the Murrah building, including 19 children. At 9:02am on April 19, 1995, a Ryder truck containing an estimated 5000 lbs of ammomium nitrate exploded outside the Alfred P. Murrah Federal Building, tearing the facade of the 9-story building off.

Nichols' conspiritor in the bombing, Timothy McVeigh, was executed in 2001.

Related News Stories:
Reuters
CNN

[Edited on 26-5-2004 by Banshee]

[Edited on 5-31-2004 by Valhall]

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Good, the scumbag deserves what he gets and I am expecialy glad that he got guilty on all counts. Hope he burns well.

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 02:59 PM
link   
I hope they keep him alive for a while so we can find out more about the John Doe #2 who we keep hearing about.

There are still a lot of questions about the OKC bombing that are unanswered and one of the persons who can answer them is already dead.
That's one of the reasons I'm against the death penalty.

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 04:43 PM
link   
They probaly got all the info they can about him. Just better for him to die like his victims.

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Way too many weird things were happening the day of the OKC bombing and I think many would like to see Terry silenced.

[Edited on 26-5-2004 by Phoenix]

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phoenix
Way too many weird things were happening the day of the OKC bombing and I think many would like to see Terry silenced.

Yah, ESPECIALY the THEY, Jedimaster was talking about ...

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I am really wondering why it took so much longer to both bring this case to trial and reach a verdict.

The McVeigh case seemd to go at the speed of light compared to this one.

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 07:14 PM
link   
I'm really supprised that as many unanswered questions and strange evidence that exist around this case, that he was found guilty on all counts. That seems strange to me, except maybe the court was more interested in putting him away than finding the truth. Not saying he's innocent, but there is certainly a lot we don't know about the investigation.

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 08:07 PM
link   
This surprises you? Think of what would have happened had Oswald been put on trial.

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by maynardsthirdeye
This surprises you? Think of what would have happened had Oswald been put on trial.

Supprised probably wasn't the word I was looking for. Nothing suprises me more in America. We could be put under martial law tomorrow and I would shout "I knew it!"

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Fro UM_gazz

I am really wondering why it took so much longer to both bring this case to trial and reach a verdict.

I think that much of it stems from the fact that McVeigh waved some of his appeals rights, and opted for a quick execution. He did so because he thought all his appeals would be denied anyway.

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 07:05 AM
link   
This trial was the biggest waste of taxpayer money. Everyone knew he would be convicted, he already in federal prison for life with no chance of parole. What does this verdict do? Carry over to his next life? For everyone that will flame me on this, there are many people that worked there that wanted the court to drop this as well....... It did nothing but spend money... millions at that for a crime that he will never serve there anyways....

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Everyone is so happy to see these folks go, huh? Anyone remember the two bombs that did not go off that was inside the building? Well, how did these guys get those into a FEDERAL building? Not. Everyone was happy to see Oswald go, but look at what we know now.

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Seems to me that everyone bought the official Oklahoma City Bombing story

Outstanding!!!

911 : Berg, Moussaoui and the OK bombing ties
inn.globalfreepress.com...

Moussaoui fits the John Doe profile

yeah yeah...Im a conspiracy whacko that chases black helicopters

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Yeah a proud day for Oklahoma. We have the 2nd worse school system in America, Tulsa is about to go under as companies pull out, we are taxed beyond belief and people are leaving the state by the thousands.

But have no fear we spent Millions to convict someone who was already in prison for life.

We should sue the state for wasting our money! And as for the victims families, I cannot see how this helped. All it did was drag up all the stories, the pictures and the horror of that day. Let those poor people rest in peace, McViegh is dead and this ass was in Jail. Oh well, at least we brought out the "3rd bomber" theory again.

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Well, we have to go through the motions anyway, because if we didn't, sure enough, there would be those whining that he was denied hs rights.

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 11:30 AM
link   
i hope they keep him alive, just as they should have done with mcveigh. granted, both men deserve to die... but keeping mcveigh alive could have given more insight into who was behind it. didn't mcveigh once say he was a pawn or working for someone?

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 05:24 PM
link   
My vote on this is that the trial was a senseless waste of time and millions that could have gone to people in need. He's already serving life without parole. If, by some strange reason, that conviction were to be overturned, then fine, try him at the state level. This was the work of a grandstanding prosecutor looking for votes at taxpayer expense.

Another issue with trying him at both the Federal and State level is the issue of double jeopardy. While carefully craafted to hold up under appeal, certainly the spirit of the Constitution is violated by these tactics. For those worried about civil liberties, this is a good place to start.

posted on May, 30 2004 @ 07:06 AM
link   
JUST let me share some rumors Ive heard about this first on the day of the bombing there is video on TIM M. and a man wearing a turbin you got to remember this is a fed building there are cameras wathing this thing at all times from all sides! Next that day all fed agents got a page telling them not to show up for work thats why all most all the people killed where kids and office workers! AND last but not least Ive heard that the whole place had bombs in it thats why it looks like it blew outward and not up!!!!!!

posted on May, 30 2004 @ 09:07 AM
link   
On ATS we look for members to back up their posts with facts to support their positions. I'm not saying this to pick on you but rather, to help a new member understand how ATS differs and is superior to other discussion boards.
CS

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join