It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Travellers to US will be denied boarding without e-authorisation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Travellers to US will be denied boarding without e-authorisation

www.sott.net

The US Customs and Border Protection is to make it mandatory from that date for all passengers heading to the country under the Visa Waiver Program (VWP) to have received authorisation under its Electronic System for Travel Authorisation (ESTA). The requirement also applies to those in transit through the US.

The system requires travellers to supply personal information including name, date of birth, and passport information, as well as travel information such as the flight number and destination address in the United States. The traveller will also be required to answer VWP eligibility yes
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Is this means of denying people freedom a necessary evil for protection from terrorist activity, or will it ultimately lead to further discrimination by authorities?

Personally I have not heard of the Visa Waiver Program or the Electronic System for Travel Authorization. Can anyone shed some light?

www.sott.net
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Isn't this similar to the forms you have to fill out (usually on the plane) before landing in another country? (US to Mexico as an example...)

This sounds as if it's now pre-arranged and automated, rather than having to have the airlines handle it... if this is the case, I don't have a problem with streamlining the process and making it more efficient.

Am I interpreting this incorrectly?

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   
More info on ESTA

DHS.gov

..and the VWP

travel.state.gov...

[edit on 19-1-2010 by Blogbuster]

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   
all they have to do is go to mexico
and enter through there
easy cheezy

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   
The Visa Waver Program is for the British (and others I would assume but I can't speak from personal experience) to come over to the States for up to 90 days without having to apply for a Visa. You fill out a card on the plane before landing with Passport details and where you will be stopping etc.

join