It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran rejects call to ship nuclear material abroad

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I think this is what the US was expecting, Iran never was going to send it's uranium abroad, and now US must see to it that sanctions are imposed on Iran. But sanctions on Iran have failed in the past.

Iran has the support of Russia and China and I believe that it wont be held accountable for this decision. So what will happen next? Will Israel up it's ante about attacking Iran? Or will the US support the invasion of Iran?

Diplomats say Iran has formally responded to a nuclear fuel swap proposal but rejects the call to ship out most of the material it would need to make nuclear weapons.

The draft plan would take most of Iran's stockpile of enriched uranium and return it in the form of fuel rods for its research reactor.

Iran needs the fuel to continue operating the facility, while the U.S. and its allies would like to strip Tehran of its enriched material. That would delay its ability to make nuclear warheads, should it chose to do so.

Source: www.haaretz.com...

[edit on 19-1-2010 by sunny_2008ny]

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   
So Iran says "no thanks, we really do need this material for something" "Thank you for offering to make the fuel rods we need for peaceful energy generation but we would rather keep this enrich-able weapons grade stuff here and maybe we'll just try to make the rods on our own. Hey, any of you guys know how to get this stuff into this little metal thingy?"

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by habfan1968
So Iran says "no thanks, we really do need this material for something" "Thank you for offering to make the fuel rods we need for peaceful energy generation but we would rather keep this enrich-able weapons grade stuff here and maybe we'll just try to make the rods on our own. Hey, any of you guys know how to get this stuff into this little metal thingy?"

That is exactly what I was thinking... Sorry but how do you expect us to make a nuclear bomb without nuclear material? Oops I meant nuclear material for peaceful purposes...LOL

LifENcircleS

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   
If Iran wants to make nukes i dont blame them many countrys have them who are constantly at war.

US dont like it because they wont bow down to them, the o might america.

[edit on 19-1-2010 by thecrow001]

top topics

join