It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Frozen Iguanas Falling From Trees in FL !!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Florida, USA lower temperatures are causing noticable effects on the environment, more specifically...iguanas falling into a comatose state and falling from their perches in trees. These seemingly suicidal lizards are not dead though, and if temperatures rise soon enough they will regain conciencenss and go about their normal activities. Well I'll put in the youtube link because I'm having trouble getting it to embed for some reason.These poor creatures! they can't take the cold and this is what happens to them

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 19-1-2010 by alyosha1981]

[edit on 19-1-2010 by alyosha1981]

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Wow nobody cares about the iguanas
or the temprature drop in a very warm part of the country) for that matter

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 01:14 AM
link   
I care. As comical as the story is, its sad to see. I feel for these guys, but hey, Earth changes. They need to mass exodus in to Mexico
Maybe someone can help out by pied pipering them out of Florida.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Here you go-

Cold blooded reptiles. Do a search on crocs once. They can stay under water for extended lengths of time without oxygen.

[edit on 1/19/2010 by endisnighe]

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 01:17 AM
link   
They are NON NATIVE anyways.......so if they die it's a good thing.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by endisnighe

Hey thanks, I know how to embed it just was not working for me for some reason

These poor guanna guys are hurtin here, I mean the're freezing in FL and for crissakes falling from trees and getting scooped up 'en masse' and put into warm cars where they wake up in groups and scare the drivers.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 01:58 AM
link   
This is the not first time its been cold enough to drop lizards in the South. Always funny when it happens though.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zosynspiracy
They are NON NATIVE anyways.......so if they die it's a good thing.

WOW, if I didn't know we were speaking about Iguanas that statement could sure be mis-interpreted

But back to iguanas it is sad, they are beautiful creatures and It's a big deal when a whole ecosystem is dying out due to natural weather phenomenon. But what can be done? Alas and woe, sadly nothing except for a mass relocation program, though I do not see that happening any time soon.

Yes, I am aware they have a harmful impact on the ecosystem but time has a way of making the other species adapt.

[edit on 19-1-2010 by Occy Anonymous]

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 02:14 AM
link   
A message to those people who think it is funny.

Get some sensitivity about the other creatures on this planet. And get some sensitivity about your own species.

If you think it is funny for a species to be suffering, and maybe dying out, I pity you.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 05:09 AM
link   
reply to post by learningtofly

A message to those who take # way to seriously. Get a sense of humor, or at least don't hate when others have one.

Get over yourself. I pity you.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 05:40 AM
link   
reply to post by learningtofly

The Iguanas don't belong there...

This is far more of a story about our moving species around in negative ways and introducing them to non native areas than it is a tragedy of nature.

I'm wondering how the pythons and anacondas that don't belong in Florida are handling it too...

and speaking of getting a sense of humor... and introducing things not native to the area...

Do Haitians fall out of trees if it gets too cold? Sure Hope not....

Don't kill me... I have a Macabre sense of humor...

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 05:45 AM
link   
The sad thing is that, with natural selection at work before our eyes, only the strongest hardiest iguanas will remain to reproduce. Now florida will be overrun with a new breed of super iguanas.

These pests do not belong here and should be hunted.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 06:00 AM
link   
The iguanas are not supposed to be there anyway. Should many of them die they'd save the state animal control a lot of time and money.

I can just imagine some of you freaking out about the lizard in Alaska gettin too cold. Oh please build the lizard a heated terrarium so that it may live among the arctic fox and caribou.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 06:09 AM
link   
The video said they would be fine. They aren't dying for goodness sakes, the are only in a comatose state. Its a method of self preservation, and it IS funny watching them fall from the trees.
Hey Flordians, us Californians and ya'll need to join forces and send this cold weather back where it belongs.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 06:15 AM
link   
just to remind you that not only the inguanas are non native

back to the topic : .. is this a weather thingy happing only now or is normal??...you know with the aproaching 2012 the only thing i dont want to hear is that the Mayans were right

[edit on 19-1-2010 by heineken]

new topics

top topics

join