It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Golden Age Of Hip/Hop

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
2Pac - If I Die 2Nite

Nas - I gave you power

Dead Prez - Propaganda

and a new one..

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Mos Def - Hip Hop

www.youtube.com...

Sorry guys I don't get how the whole putting up videos thing works so I just have to put the url

edit on 13-5-2012 by doodles40 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Beats, Lyrics, and Conscious Knowledge (B.L.A.C.K) - Seein'in (Instrumental)

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 05:13 AM
link   
I am actually a big fan of bus driver and his works....

Imo he is one of the best modern rappers to date...youtube imaginary places by him, good stuff

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Big Daddy Kane - Smooth Operator

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Bone Thugs N Harmony Ft Eazy E - For The Love Of Money

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 05:54 AM
link   
You guys can't forget Vancouver's finest MC's - "Rascalz" with my favorite hit of their's - "Dreaded Fist"
I believe that it was made in '95' or '96', but either way, enjoy some ice cold lyrics from the frozen north my friends!

edit on (1/6/12) by SLAPurMAMA because: Typo

edit on (1/6/12) by SLAPurMAMA because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 06:02 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAPurMAMA

Social Deviantz - Opposite Of Light

Rap Trio from Vancouver Canada since 1992

edit on 1-6-2012 by KonquestAbySS because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 06:17 AM
link   
1990... a good year

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

ATCQ and Brand Nubian = Win....I grew up with a lot of ATCQ

ATCQ - Award Tour

This song still gives me nostalgia til this day. I think because this was the year I shot my first handgun...

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   
I am all about the Golden Age of hip hop, it's a style of dress, and a mindstate. It's like we have more energy, these days they just bob their heads slowly and chill. They used to bob their heads fast and ride out. Especially I know from last night, people are trying to bring different styles into the game and claim it is hip hop. I won't say anything to them, but I will show them what is real hip hop.

One aspect of hip hop is freestyling.

Freestyling is interesting. You don't have to have a full sentence in your mind to start, so some people would think they can't rhyme off the top of their head because they don't know what to say. Just say one word and form it into a sentence as you say it, it is interesting our mind seems to think better when we act through language.

When you are freestyling good it is knowing what you are going to say in the future while you are saying something. Just like rubbing your stomach and patting your head at the same time, forming words out of your mouth while intellectually thinking. And best of all, freestyling is a representation of poetry through hip hop. The words when rapping should be like any form of poetry, usually a rhyme at the end of the sentence. So like in poetry, you can say a rhyme and then say 4 other rhymes, then say something that rhymed with your first thing.
edit on 10-6-2012 by greyer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   

K-Skills - Patience & Persistence

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Anacron- Out There

Sorry the video skips but this video is so underground they dont have a better one..MURS, Double K, Scarub are in this video....This is classic underground...

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 12:59 AM
link   

MF Grimm- Life and Death

This song doesn't belong in mood music...Got to dig for the underground jewels right?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join