It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Music Industry Exposed new short film Part 1 & 2

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by cushycrux

It's just a song. That's it. There isn't always hidden meaning in everything - to assume so is paranoid behaviour, and fantastically irrational.

Or I guess there's a hidden meaning in my post, too! And all of yours! And this website! See - once you start being paranoid and irrational, you can't stop. It will consume your entire life.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   
I won't comment on anything rap/techno/hip-hop related(or whatever term used for non-music) as since it's not music, I don't listen to it. Cannot speak about that which I do not know.

I do know quite about, however, about the rock n roll side of things. Even bands like Slayer are not Satanists, even though they use the imagery and what not. I've read bits of the Book(escapes my name) on the origins of black metal in Norway(or whatever country it was, bands like Mayhem and all that from back in the day) and even the most hardcore bands are rarely avowed Satanists. They use the imagery to make points but that's it. Most are just lame, wanna-be Satanists who don't know squat about it except it pisses people off and that's what they are trying to do. Come on, people don't play death metal to impress their parents, that's pretty much a given.

Now, the suits. The buttheads who run the industry. It's long and well known that they are evil incarnate. Satanists, Illumanists, I don't know, but the record industry is full of snakes and vultures who wouldn't know the first thing about good music. Seriously, Britney Spears has been around for how long with no talent whatsoever? She's made serious money yet has the musical talent of a slug. Explain that, please.

One percent or so of the music industry as a whole may be involved in Illuminati type things. There will be those who play the game with the money men and get involved in this, either by choice or by letting the suits have control, as usually is the case with the RIAA. Most bands cannot call their own shots and have almost no control over their finished product.

Go check out Gamma Ray or Muse. These bands are definitely against the NWO and clearly state this in their music. Not everyone is working for the NWO.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLoony

Britney Spears is really hot, and she can shake her ass. Im not mad at her.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   

The NWO is not an organisation, but the shift in power that happened after the fall of the USSR, when the global powers realigned themselves in the vacuum the USSR left. People who rail against the NWO, or say the NWO is an organisation or some other group of folks in conspiracy, have got it all wrong. Really, really wrong.

As for the music business execs, many are evil, but not because of the Illuminati or satanism, but because of greed. They love money, and they have to screw people over to make the most, and that's exactly what they do.

All this rubbish about plots and ploys by the music industry to impart messages into their music and then into the minds of the world is paranoid rubbish. The only message the music industry has ever been interested in spreading is "buy more music". That's it.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Again they may not be worshiping satan in the sense that one imagines.
But clearly anything that is not of God is of the world. Anything that is of the world is in the end of satan who is the ruling being of the earth, until the return of Christ.

But I have said this already. I am reminded of throwing pearls and where to throw them.
But I will leave with this.

2Ti 2:23 But foolish and ignorant questionings refuse, knowing that they gender strifes.
2Ti 2:24 And the Lord's servant must not strive, but be gentle towards all, apt to teach, forbearing,
2Ti 2:25 in meekness correcting them that oppose themselves; if peradventure God may give them repentance unto the knowledge of the truth,
2Ti 2:26 and they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil, having been taken captive by him unto his will.

Taken from 2nd Timothy

I have learned there are times to say something but to sit and argue it with none believers most of the time is pointless and only causes one or both parties to be upset in one way or another. I listen to all forms of music myself. But at the same time I recognize things that are against or for God. Whether or not they worship satan their life style and music speaks of worldly things. Things that oppose Christ and that at times I most likely should not listen to but music is a weakness of mine that I work on (I love all forms of music). I also understand that regardless of what I or another might say you will make your own choice. I am fine with that as long as you have at least heard my side as well. I and others will have done all that we can do.

Am I a fool? I do not believe so; many will think I am though because of my beliefs. That is their choice and as long as we are both happy I guess we are fine. Logical discussion is good but there are times when we must agree to disagree and acknowledge that each has made their choice.

If you get the chance I would at least give it some thought and check out the videos or at least the links I posted a few posts back.

Raist

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I'm not trying to be rude, but the people who are saying there is nothing to this simply do not know what they are talking about. If you take the time to see all the evidence and even watch films like 'They Sold Their Souls For Rock 'n Roll' there is no way you can brush it all off as "paranoid rubbish." That is the same type of thing people say about the New World Order agenda because they don't know anything about it, so obviously it sounds fake and ridiculous to them. The rabbit hole goes much deeper than some of you seem to want to believe.

And the person saying that hip-hop isn't "music" is just plain ignorant. They clearly have no clue what they are talking about. You have the right to your own musical preferences and tastes, but to say hip-hop isn't music is just blatantly stupid.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by davesidious

That's pretty much what I was trying to say. You just said it better.

Raist,

I won't watch the videos. I refuse to listen to crap that isn't music. I cannot listen to it, my ears will not allow me to listen to noise disguised as music. I also do not believe in God (or Satan) so all that religious nonsense(IMO) is nothing to me. Sorry, not trying to be mean, it is my opinion and I won't change it unless you give me hard facts that contradict what I know/believe.

As for what's in the videos, if people decide to listen to absolute junk that isn't even music then they deserve to be brainwashed. Not my fault if they get deceived, it's their own fault. There is music out there that has greatly influenced my life in a positive way - actual music, that has helped me think about things differently, given me a different perspective and so forth that a large part of who I am and my opinions has been influenced by these lyricists. Some actually can write actual prose with meaningful lyrics that are not in any way involved with the NWO or whatever you want to call it.

If it's happening in the rap world, then so be it. Anyone who voluntarily subjects themselves to that crap obviously has no sense of real music which to me, as a musician(well, ex, but whatever, I could still play if I had a band) is lacking in brain cells. I know that sounds harsh. It is. I have no patience for noise that is crated in a computer then some guy rhymes over it, tonelessly, no harmony, no melody, no counterpoint, no nothing. Just a beat created by a machine. It's junk and if people cannot hear that then I cannot help them. I say the same thing about people like my Mom who voluntarily turns on conservative talk radio and listen to that crap day and night. I can't help her - even talk to her because she is so brainwashed by Hannity, Limbaugh etc. that she listens to that crap and believes it's real. Very similar situation IMO, at least the way I see/hear it.

You guys really give musicians way too much credit. All they really want to do is make music, play live and make a few bucks. Some even try to write good lyrics that have meaning but that's just incidental to the music. The conspiracy is in how the RIAA has been allowed to exist any more as it's about as useful as a dead cell phone on a deserted island.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Raist

I didn't say you said the rainmain was satan

Diplomat

People theorize that "Rainman" is actually some sort of extradimensional being that these artists "channel." The "Rainman" speaks through them.

OpTiMuS_PrImE

"Rainman" = Satan, evil, Baphomet, a evil one to fall before satan
Making a deal with the devil, for fame, money etc as all the illuminat have done

They said it and I put it together

Lil Wayne, Eminem, and Jay-Z I think have all referenced themselves believing in God/Christianity in there songs. And I can see how what they say and the lifesytles they live are definitely not Christian. I completely agree with that. I am not religious so I guess I don't see it as a big deal. I guess if you are religious you could take it that way and with it they are corrupting our youth. They are just singling out rappers.

Anyways I have a song to at to the paranoia. I posted it in another thread before. It is by 2 of our 3 favorites!

Lil Wayne ft. Eminem - Drop The World

(Lil Wayne) I got ice in my veins, blood in my eyes
Hate in my heart, love in my mind
I seen nights full of pain, days of the same
You keep the sunshine, save me the rain
I search but never find, hurt but never cry
I work and forever try, but I’m cursed, so never mind
And it’s worse, but better times seem further and beyond
The top gets higher the more that I climb
The spot gets smaller, and I get bigger
Tryna get into where I fit in, no room for a n*gga
But soon for a n*gga it be on, mu’f*cka
‘Cause all the bull#, it made me strong, mu’f*cka

So I pick the world up and I’ma drop it on your f*ckin’ head
Bitch, I’ma pick the world up and I’ma drop it on your f*ckin’ head
And I could die now, Rebirth motherf*cker
Hop up in my spaceship and leave Earth, motherf*cker
I’m gone
Motherf*cker, I’m gone

I know what they don’t wanna tell you
Just hope you’re heaven-sent, and you’re hell-proof
I-I walk up in the world and cut the lights off
And confidence is the stain they can’t wipe off
Huh, my word is my pride
But wisdom is bleak, and that’s a word from the wise
Served to survive, murdered and bribed
And when it got too heavy I put my burdens aside

(Hook)

(Eminem) It hurts, but I never show this pain you’ll never know
If only you could see just how lonely and how cold
And frostbit I’ve become, my back’s against the wall
When push come to shove, I just stand up and scream “F*ck ‘em all”

Man, it feels like these walls are closing in
This roof is caving in, up its time to razor-thin
Your days are numbered like pagers and
My book of rhymes, got ‘em cookin’, boy
This crooked mind of mine got ‘em all
Shook and scared to look in my eyes
I stole that f*ckin’ clock
I took the time and I
Came up from behind
And pretty much snuck up
And butt-f*cked this game up
Better be careful when you bring my name up
F*ck this fame, that ain’t what
I came to claim but the game
Ain’t gonna be the same on the day that I leave it
But I swear one way or another I’ma make these f*ckin’ haters believe that
I swear to God, won’t spare the rod
I’m a man of my word, so your f*ckin’ heads better nod
Or I’ma f*ck around in this bitch and roast everybody
Sleep on me, that pillow is where your head’ll lie
Permanently, bitch, it’s beddy-bye
This world is my Easter egg, yeah, prepare to die
My head is swole, my confidence is up
This stage is my pedestal
I’m unstoppable, incredible
Hope you’re trapped in my medicine ball
I could run circles around you so fast your f*ckin’ head’ll spin, dog
I split your cabbage and your lettuce and olives
I’ll f*ckin’

Hey Mr. Rainman can we have a rainy day!

[edit on 24-1-2010 by tooo many pills]

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   

You really should be cultured on all types of music, if not that at least respect other types of music.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Diplomat

It is not blatantly stupid to say rap is not music. As I stated in my last post there there is nothing that resembles what music is supposed to be - harmony, melody, all the things that make something music are devoid in rap. It's toneless, monotone. It's taken me years to become a lousy drummer and some guy can make up a couple of rhymes and make billions? That's a joke.

I know what it takes to make music and that's not music. I cannot see it any other way. A drum machine creates a beat( no human there) and a computer puts a few bass notes or whatever into it(again, not a human) and that is not music.

Form of expression? Sure. Art? Maybe, I don't know. Music? I say not and there is no way anyone can change my opinion. I am a actual musician, albeit a not very great one, and I cannot abide rap. It has no musical attributes IMO.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   

That is sad dude, I am sorry you don't understand other races cultures and forms of music.

Maybe you just aren't hip enough...

What do you consider good music now a days?

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by tooo many pills

I'm 41. I've been around. I've got a few thousand songs running around in my head and a few more thousand I can easily access with a little time to think about it. I was listening to music before rap came around - the disco years were awful, luckily I was too young to get caught up in that too much - and I am not ignorant of rap. I choose not to listen to it because it has no redeeming value musically.

I just choose to see things a little differently than most. I have been in the music industry, briefly, and it sucks big time. Anyone can do a little research and see that. A for musicians in on the NWO/Illuminati bandwagon, I can't see that, for the most part. I can see a small percentage going along and a few unwitting souls doing their bidding but again, I say you guys give musicians too much credit.

Heck, all the good musicians and bands no one knows about because they sure as hell don't get played on corporate radio station and even on satellite there's not much going on there - I have it, I know, it's not that great. All the real music is now relegated to unknown internet radio stations that only a few know about because they have no clue there is real music being made out there.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   

You speak as an ignorant person who is not musically inclined. There are many rap music composers who do pitch bends, glides, chord progressions, etc. You are a "musician" of limited experience and have spent zero time studying the music, and probably don't know the basics of harmony, melody or song construction/arrangement.

Why don't you go listen to music by J.R. Rotem (a pianist before he became a rap/hip hop and r&b composer) and Sha Money XL (another pianist turned hip hop composer).

[edit on 24-1-2010 by EMPIRE]

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by tooo many pills

That is sad dude, I am sorry you don't understand other races cultures and forms of music.

Maybe you just aren't hip enough...

What do you consider good music now a days?

Nothing sad about it. How my statements equate to me not understanding other races is nonsense.

Hip? What is hip? Who decides? The corporation pushing the crap "music" on you?

I choose to listen to actual people who write their own music and play it. What is so hard about that? I don't want to listen to some guy rhyme over a beat created by a computer. I like to listen to people, not computers. It's really that simple.

Here's one. Simple as hell, nothing fancy. No wild lyrics - they are just there to have something to sing - yet it's beautiful. Actual people making actual music. Astounding.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   
The radio singles are there to cause controversy and put the artist in the public's eye. The real songs are on the album. Eminem does that everytime. God awful songs that talk trash with a funny video.

They have talent and you should view a little bit more of their world than just the repetitious radio.

I love rock too. But I have not heard a good new rock band in quite some time. That is why classic rock and 80's hard rock is still good and relevent, there are not many creative rock bands out there. That is why rap/hip-hop is coming to the forefront of music entertainment because that is where all the creativity is at.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by EMPIRE

Nope. no musical talent here. I'm just ignorant.

Please forgive the pics I used in this, they were just put there to fill up the video so I could post it online. Notice the second song is progressive metal. Before I ever knew the sub-genre existed I was helping create that type of music. Both of these songs were mostly my idea. I didn't actually write the music but I put them together.The ideas are mine, a goofy pop tune and a prog-metal type tune with odd time changes and starts and stops and all that. Fun to play but the lyrics are as bad as they get. I know, I helped write them. I'm better at arranging than actual writing but I do have good ideas from time to time.

[edit on 1/24/2010 by TheLoony]

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   

When did that song come out? I am not going to say that is bad music(it isn't), but there is no way it could be a number 1 hit. I am just saying give everything a chance.

How is plucking strings on a guitar any different that pushing buttons in a stuido. You have to have talent to do both. You have to calibrate the guitar, just as you have to design the beat in the stuido. They are both instruments.

Hip is knowing the language, so you are not dumbfounded when you hear a song and think it doesn't make any sense. Hip is understanding the creativity that is popular atm.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Rain man is a rap slang word, it comes from the act of throwing money up in the air into a crowd, this act is called "making it rain"

A person with enough loot to make it rain is " the rain man"

LOL at it having anything to do with the devil or the NWO

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   

And you say rap isn't musical? When I think of "musical" I think of everything I listed earlier, but I also think of arrangement/sequence and how the mix is. Now after listening to the track, I'm not going to say it was "bad" as far as the playing because it fits the style of play you're trying to achieve, which I assume is 80's hair metal with a bit of country thrown in for kicks. In any case do the following:

1. Submix the drums and bring out the kick and snare a bit more. A bit of compression going in may help, but compression on the aux/buss the drum kit is routed to will give you a little bit of "oomph".

2. Pan those instruments. I heard everything in mono, and if you aren't recording for a 5.1 format, mono format but trying to hit a stereo medium you need to place some of those instruments to the side. Don't pan too hard as you may run into drops when you go to mono and back to stereo (phase cancellation)

3. Compress the vocs a lil bit more, not too much to where they are squashed or pumping but to get some of those peaks under control. The background vocals need to be turned downed a bit and I think I heard some delay. If there is a delay, keep it synced to the tempo but back off the signal/send as you want the effect to be barely heard and not so loud to where it is drowning out everything else.

4. The acoustic guitar can use some compression going in, and I'd even toss a delay of less than 30ms to fatten it up a bit.

Ok that ends the constructive criticism on my part. Now what if I were to tell you your music SUCKED because of everything I listed? Because it didn't appeal to my tastes/standards of what a mix should sound/shouldn't sound like? What if I said it sucked because I couldn't hear a tempo change or the arrangement was sparse?

It's all opinion right?

Edited to add: You may want to use some buss compression on the master fader. I'm not a big fan of it, but sometimes it helps when your other compressors don't do the job and you have some stray peaks.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by EMPIRE

Thank you EMPIRE.

Just be open to all types of music.

And Better Mouse Trap, we have established that rappers make it rain on dem hoes.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join