It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3 stars, or triangle.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 01:32 AM
link   
My friend and I never really could explain what we saw one late sober night at the Jersey Shore a few years ago... I've heard theories of space stations, satalites, stars, lightning balls... but nothing really makes sense...

we were stargazing on the beach at like 4 in the morning... we counted shooting stars and just really enjoyed the zen of the water crashing while looking into the universe... it was like pure peace.

and THEN we both saw the same exact thing in the sky.

3 stars in a perfect triangular position all began moving from the right... in perfect form to the left... it moved slowly, and it reached a certain point and stopped... then dimmed until it became invisible.

we called everyone we knew and no one believed us... i got home, looked it up and found similar things but never a story that described it like we saw it. i just couldn't understand 3 lightning balls in that form, or stars all at the same time... it had to be either 3 parts of one UFO or just one black triangle with bright lights on the corners... but it was so high up it seemed like it was just chilling there all night...

and to watch part of the sky that was there ALL NIGHT just start moving to another part of the sky was a little freaky...

anyway, that was the only UFO we ever saw.. and we never identified it. Hopefully you guys could give me a hand with this one.. thanks

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 02:03 AM
link   
reply to post by sourcesonly

Looks like you saw three seperate ufo orbs of the white type. I would guess they were keeping formation. There was said to have been a dimming of the lights, was the formation at a standstill when this dimming took place?

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Reminds me of my recent dream I had, no joke.

A couple of weeks ago I saw, what looked like stars, and all of a sudden it appeared as a triangle ufo. I remember saying, "I told you they disguise themselves as stars."

Strange.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 09:23 AM
link   

First of all, you don't say how how long the sighting lasted, but from your description (since they "stopped"), that would most likely rule out stars and satellites.

I would say that from your description, it sounds like 3 aircraft flying in formation. Obviously, 3 of anything will form either a perfect triangle (or a line).

As for the triangle appearing to be "black", our brains are hard-wired to recognize patterns in noise, and when we see what appears to be 3 point's of light, our brain interprets this as a solid object with sides. Our brains don't work too well when faced with unfamiliar and confusing situations, and when this happens our brains fill in the blanks for us - the "object" appears to be "solid".

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 11:44 PM
link   
it lasted only a minute tops... and it became still then dimmed out

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 12:39 AM
link   
I have seen many UFO sightings where it looks like a Triangular craft, but at the same time you can see stars in the back ground. And I do not believe it is some secret holographic image of the stars on the bottom side, although I do believe that exist.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 12:53 AM
link   
I saw one similar to this video but it was at night time of course. www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 06:40 AM
link   

sourcesonly - well that is consistent with aircraft.

If they are flying directly towards you, they can appear to not move - of course they are moving (towards you) but there is no lateral motion, so they appear to sit still/hover. It sounds like they might have been landing/on approach when you saw them, which is when I usually see them doing this. When you last saw them, did they seem to be low down on the horizon?

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by TruthWarrior

So it's impossible for 3 normal objects (stars, planes, satellites etc) to form a triangle? Is that what you're saying?

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 07:36 AM
link   
They could be satellites. It could even be checked if you could remember the date and hour.

www.space.com...

If they really did stop before disappearing then they can't be satellites, though.

[edit on 2010-1-18 by nablator]

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by nablator

You're right nablator...

We should not forget that appearances can be deceiving, and sometimes what appears to be stationary may in fact be moving.

If they are satellites, then it would have to be one of the NOSS formations, but as far as I'm aware the orbits are classified, so it might not be so straight forward to check.

Edit to add: and of course, if they were satellites, that would explain the disappearing (passing into Earth's shadow).

[edit on 18-1-2010 by C.H.U.D.]

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by C.H.U.D.

not at all... if you're laying on your back and wathing the sky as if it were a clock... it went from 2 o clock to about 11 o clock... stopped and faded out...

it wasnt close, it was literally as if 3 stars were moving... they had to have been very far off... they were not airplanes

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Thanks for clarifying that sourcesonly.

In that case, if they were satellites, which is sounding like the most likely possibility now IMO, then they should have disappeared from view somewhere around the West horizon, since that is where Earth's shadow would be early in the morning. Was that the case here sourcesonly?

One thing you should be aware of sourcesonly, is that it is physically impossible to estimate the distance of an unknown light in the sky. Our brains uses brightness and the "apparent size of the light" (which are both related) to estimate distance. Now a star is often much brighter than a satellite, which says to our brain that the star is closer... which it obviously is not.

This is the main reason people report (misidentify) so many UFOs. Few understand how powerful the human mind is at convincing us something is true, when it is not. Most people just assume that you would know, but that is not the case.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   

true... but people forget the real definition of a UFO... i never said it was an alien lol

I honestly thought it was some kind of government aircraft. If i'm at LBI... laying on my back facing the ocean... i'd be facing EAST... that means the formation went from 2:00 to 11:00 from SOUTH to NORTH.

And I do not know how far it was, i could only assume it was far distance because it wasn't dim at first... it was bright as the other stars which made me think it was just a few stars until they started moving.

They dimmed out, but not completely... i retract that statement... its like they dimmed... but just a HINT of them remained. i know it sounds like im changing information but i just remembered that we had originally thought they faded to black but then they were actually still there but very very dim.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   
before everyone starts screaming ufo ufo. satalites can travle in formation. and theres nothing stopping 3 of them to travle in a triangle one en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by sourcesonly They dimmed out, but not completely... i retract that statement... its like they dimmed... but just a HINT of them remained.

That adds weight to it being a threesome of ufo orbs. Seen them do exactly that, dim their light as if they are not actually there so as to blend in with the scenery, still being seen if you look really carefully, just like you say the "hint" of them. Makes one wonder how many are out there above us right now in the dimmed state

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by superdebz

One of the NOSS triplets comes to mind, there is a thrread about it somewhere...here it is.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   

true... but people forget the real definition of a UFO... i never said it was an alien lol

I know. I did not mean to imply that you were jumping to conclusions. I was just trying to get across that many others jump to the conclusion that what they saw was a UFO because the illusion can be so convincing. I mean, who doesn't believe what their own eyes/brain is telling them? It's very hard not to!

Sorry for bringing it up, despite it not being particularly relevant to this particular case, but it is very relevant to the whole subject of UFOs in general IMHO.

I agree - people far too often misuse/misunderstand the term "UFO", which complicates the whole subject even further.

I honestly thought it was some kind of government aircraft. If i'm at LBI... laying on my back facing the ocean... i'd be facing EAST... that means the formation went from 2:00 to 11:00 from SOUTH to NORTH.

There's something amiss with your description of the direction... Let's say 12:00 is North, 03:00 is East, 06:00 is South and 09:00 is West (to keep from getting to confused, and since North is usually taken as being 12:00, and so on).

Would it be possible for you to go back to the same spot and double check which way you thought was N/S using a compass? That would eliminate one possible source of error, and could give us a better idea if they were satellites or not.

OT - LBI is a place I'm very fond of. The one and only time I've stayed in a house on stilts!

And I do not know how far it was

You don't know how refreshing it is to hear someone say that.

i could only assume it was far distance because it wasn't dim at first...

My point exactly... one should never make this assumption, unless there are other visual cues that can support the assumption. Even so, you have to be quite cautious under circumstances such as we are discussing here, as there are so few visual cues.

it was bright as the other stars which made me think it was just a few stars until they started moving.

That is often the way people will describe first seeing a high altitude moving light in the sky IME. I guess it takes a second or two for the brain to kick in and compare visual cues (The brain asks itself: is the distance between objects changing?), and your eyes need to "jump" between a few stars before it works out that something is moving.

Can you remember a rough date (or at least month) when this was, or which meteor shower you were observing?

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by ufoorbhunter

Originally posted by sourcesonly They dimmed out, but not completely... i retract that statement... its like they dimmed... but just a HINT of them remained.

That adds weight to it being a threesome of ufo orbs. Seen them do exactly that, dim their light as if they are not actually there so as to blend in with the scenery, still being seen if you look really carefully, just like you say the "hint" of them. Makes one wonder how many are out there above us right now in the dimmed state

It does not lend weight to them being "orbs" since satellites, aircraft and perhaps even some other phenomena/objects are all capable of appearing to do the same thing.

We have lots of hard evidence these things (mundane things like satellites planes etc) exist and could be responsible for what sourcesonly observed, and only witness testimony (which we know can, and often is unreliable) plus lots of blurry footage and pics of what could be almost anything (ie zilch proof) that "orbs" exist...

"Orbs" are not even on the table at this point in time because of that IMHO.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 12:58 AM
link   

They exist alright no two ways about it. When you've got four feet from an angle grinder white type that morphed into a Jesus light then were surrounded above your head by like twenty same coloured pairs, then a mothership buzzes you four times and rains on you a kind of fine strand cotton wool like substance you know the ufo orbs exist and then go back five days later and film them for twenty nine minutes just to confirm that you and your friend aren't going totally mad they exist alright.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join