It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What to expect from masonry

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I'm meeting with local masons to discuss joining this coming Monday evening. Just wanted a little heads up on what I can expect from it. Is there a membership fee (monetary) ? Also what exactly do you do/learn there anyway? Will I understand the meaning of life or what ?

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by gomezzz

there is usually a $100 initiation fee, and between $50 to $100 per year dues. In most cases, your dues are included in the your initiation fee for the first year. As far as what will be asked of you, they will just talk like normal people, (we are actually pretty normal for the most part) and see that you are a good person of good character. Should you decide to petition the lodge, your petition will be voted on and if you are voted in, a brother will inform you and let you know when to be at the lodge for your initiation. If you are not voted in, they will refund your money.

As far as what you will learn, I think everyone gets a little different gift from masonry, In general, you will learn how to be a better person. The goal of masony is to make a good man better, no chance of making a bad man good. Just make sure you are joining for the right reasons, or you will be disapointed. Sadly, you will not obtain vast fortunes and concubines of virgins, nor will you be in control of the world.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by network dude

Well thank you very much, that's exactly what I wanted to know. Much obliged

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   
I think 300 annually. expect a sword to you chest aswell.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Why did you guys want to join in the first place out of curiosity?

What drove you to masonry?

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Expect demons, Satan worshiping, eerie chanting, and shuffling around on thick carpet in stockings and then inflicting the shocking horrors of enlightenment on others.

I think 300 annually. expect a sword to you chest aswell.

Y'only get the sword if y'try to push by the tyler.

The prices I've been quoted are usually less than what I pay annually to be in the local historical society, not counting what you willingly put forward during the year through time and donations.

[edit on 16-1-2010 by RuneSpider]

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rising Against

Initally curiosity, and the wish to help kids. I was impressed with the shine hospital and asked around about them. I have been a mason for three years and have yet to join the Shriners. I think I am going to wait untill I finish my work in the Blue lodge.

Some of the curiousity that drove me there was this site and all the amazing things that the anti masons claimed. My good friend is a mason and I just couldn't immagine him being involved in eating children.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Expect to lose your eternity in the good place. Because you will be bowing before graven images. But endure and eventually you will find the true god of the masons when you get the 33rd degree or the equivelent in whatever group you are involved. But by then it won't matter because throught the various rites cerimonies of passage you will have become lost.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Barkster

What "Graven Images"? Are you able to elaborate, or capable of doing so?

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Barkster
Expect to lose your eternity in the good place. Because you will be bowing before graven images. But endure and eventually you will find the true god of the masons when you get the 33rd degree or the equivelent in whatever group you are involved. But by then it won't matter because throught the various rites cerimonies of passage you will have become lost.

so, when did you get your 33rd brother?

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   

This is all false. Each member is told to worship their own god in their own way. We worship no idols and do not teach a "Masonic religion". There is no "true God of the Masons" revealed later on to the members. If anything the Masons have strengthened my faith in God, and in the one and true Christ.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   
i still dont get how "masons" are anything but people who are supposed to be working on how to turn large stones into pillar posts and 4x4 blocks into "mosaics".im lost regarding how people think masons are some retainers of "knowledge" ancient and accepted.and if they "are" then there is something wrong.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   

I am not a 33rd, nor would I ever want to be. I don't have time now but I will tell you. I come from a line of Masons that go all the way back to its origins. One of my ancestors was king of Scotland. My family line was templars with a roots in Edinburgh and north that go all the way back to Norway and Iceland. We were a sept of the Forbes clan and Warriors and protectors of the priestly lines, the secrets, and the temple which contained them. Our Creast is white representing purity with red stripes representing blood shed of those that would oppose the lineage and has Griffins on it. The symbol of the Egyptian guardians of the temple treasure.

My grandfather was a 33rd Mason. I inherited his collection of Books, some of which are worth thousands of dollars and are almost unattainable and for most of the princely line considered unmentionable. I had a spiritual awakening 3 years back while feeling depressed and fed up with the world I was on my knees praying for wisdom. The quiet voice in me told me to go to the books of your grandfather and learn.

I was in a trance like condition for about 3 weeks, never leaving my home for anything. God led all around the internet showing about the NWO its workings, the watchers, the ancient deities, and then I progressed to the books. I am called to expose to as many as will listen the truth of masonry and of the symbolism that is pervasive even in most Church's where the female Divine is most certainly a prominent feature.
I get a kick out of the blue brothers and for you that think you have real understanding of the craft which you serve I will give you a few quotes.

From Albert Pike, Morals and Dogma, published by the Supreme Council of the Thirty Third Degree for the Southern Jurisdiction of the United States Charleston, 1871. Pg 819
"The Blue Degrees are but the outer court or portico of the Temple. Part of the symbols are displayed there to the initiate, but he is intentionally misled by false interpretations. It is not intended that he shall understand them; but it is intended that he shall imagine he understands them. Their true explication is reserved for the Adepts, the Princes of Masonry.… It is well enough for the mass of those called Masons to imagine that all is contained in the Blue Degrees; and whoso attempts to undeceive them will labor in vain, and without any true reward violate his obligations as an Adept"

From The Spirit of Masonry, Foster Bailey, pp 20,
"Little as it may be realised by the unthinking Mason who is interested only in the outer aspects of the Craft work, the whole fabric of Masonry may be regarded as an externalisation of that inner spiritual group whose members, down the ages, have been the Custodians of the Plan.… These Master Masons, to whom TGAOTU [The Great Architect of the Universe] has given the design and Who are familiar with the tracing board of the G.M. [Grand Master] on high, are…sometimes known as the Illuminati and can direct the searchlight of truth wherever its beams are needed to guide the pilgrim on his way. They are the Rishis of the oriental philosophy, the Builders of the OCCULT tradition"

Manly P. Hall, Lectures on Ancient Philosophy: An Introduction to Practical Ideals, p. 433
Freemasonry is a fraternity within a fraternity—an outer organization concealing an inner brotherhood of the elect.

"it is necessary to establish the existence of these two separate yet independent orders, the one visible and the other invisible.

The visible society is a splendid camaraderie of "free and accepted" men enjoined to devote themselves to ethical, educational, fraternal, patriotic, and humanitarian concerns.

The invisible society is a secret and most august fraternity whose members are dedicated to the service of a mysterious arcanum arcandrum.

Those brethren who have essayed to write the history of their craft have not included in their disquisitions the story of that truly secret inner society which is to the body Freemasonic what the heart is to the body human.

In each generation only a few are accepted into the inner sanctuary of the work…the great initiate-philosophers of Freemasonry are…masters of that secret doctrine which forms the invisible foundation of every great theological and rational institution".

Manly P. Hall, The Secret Destiny of America, pg 26
"The outcome of the "secret destiny" is a World Order ruled by a King with supernatural powers. This King was descended of a divine race; that is, he belonged to the Order of the Illumined for those who come to a state of wisdom then belong to a family of heroes-perfected human beings"

You see like any good warrior, I have studied the enemy, i know where his encampment is. I know that Albert Pike called the US "The New Atlantis" The streets of the US capital are magic formula for the recalling of the Spirit of Osiris and to fulfill the ancient PLAN. I'm thinking of starting a thread but need to decide if I really want to devote that much time as it would entail volumes of material and time.

There is a rite of passage or ceremony that use the very ceremony of the return of the great architect or the conjuring thereof through the obelisk.
But, I won't say which degree it involves if you are the degree and have real understanding you will know which one I am talking about. If you don't I will leave it as a teaser so those that may actually read this may investigate and learn for themselves. Something most of Americans have forgotten how to do. The Masons designed the D.C. for the purpose of this rite and the fulfillment of the ancient plan. I will tell you this, the time for the fulfillment of the plan is near and so is the end of this cycle of Creation.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   

In my case, it was re-establishing a family connection to Masonry that'd skipped a generation with my Dad. His father'd died when he was about 12 and being the 'man' in the family meant to him that he didn't have time that he could set aside for such things.

Pity in retrospect because I think he would've greatly appreciated it and the connection with his own father. C'est la vie.

My wife? A '98 Camry?
But I jest. Nothing "drove" me to it. When I discovered the family connection, I started looking into it more closely than I had previously. I liked what I saw insofar as Masonry's focus on improving the man while helping him improve society at large. I joined and the rest is history.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   

wow, you didn't just start off with a Pike quote did you? Weak to the N'the degree. A person of you lineage should actually read Pike and understand what he wrote instead of finding snipits on freemasonrywatch.com. I bet you aren't even a fundie. Just a punk kid who jumped on the Ignorance train for a little ride.

Do yourself a favor, if you quote Pike, read Pike. The whole thing, not just paragraphs. If you quote Hall, read Hall, and do at least 10 minutes of research to find out what he wrote and when he wrote it. And when he actually became a mason. What is really cool is to read his work after he gained enlightenment and see the difference. But I understand, that would take too much work. Much like actually joining to find out what deep dark secrets really exist.

Sadly, even if I wanted to tell everyone here what the real masonic secrets are, I doubt that I could interpret them to anyone without them actually knowing what it takes to gain them. I will say that they are greater than any thing you could imagine. And the best part is I still get to talk to God.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Actually I'm a 50 year old woman so insulting me with stupid remarks won't work here. I'm not a fundie nor do I ascribe to any organized religion. I have read Pike, Hall, in fact I have read the Masonic Hermtic Quabbalistic & Roscruucian Symbolical Philosphy at least three times just a tip of my studies and it's all based on the ancient mystery schools and deity worship of the Watchers, thier Master, and their many incarnations throught time and I am not qouting some site but my own research where I have a list of qoutes 20 pages long to use. The Problem with guys like you is you can't see the tall trees for the forest because yo have been brainwashed and love your comfy little family. The qoutes stand as they are and are undeniable and not snippets taken out of context that can have several meanings. I mean really Mr Great Mason is that the best you can do? Insult, insinuate and depart claiming its not worth your time or too much work? Truly, a poser you are.

[edit on 17-1-2010 by Barkster]

[edit on 17-1-2010 by Barkster]

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Barkster
The qoutes stand as they are and are undeniable and not snippets taken out of context that can have several meanings.

How do you feel the first Pike quote you posted relates to the paragraph by which it is preceded?

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Outstanding OP I am glad to hear that you are planning on joining the thinning ranks of Masonry.

In Masonry you will learn all about how to serve Caesar and Rome by furthering along their plan for the conquest of the world and the establishment of a one world government.

Of course they won’t exactly explain to you that Caesar is the Grand Architect of the Universe, or that the Universe is Rome.

That’s because you will be like most of them which is simply lowly Centurions with an occasional Prefect thrown in here and there.

It’s not important that you know what you are doing or really understand it or why, it’s just important that you do as you are instructed to do.

In addition to some fine Roman traditions they will teach you the art of skepticism and denial! These will be your Gladius and shield to smite down and protect you from the uncivilized barbarians opposed to Rome’s rule.

You will learn how to live in a state of supreme confusion yet with supreme confidence; you will learn fine stoic traditions and the arrogance befitting a Roman as well as how to exploit those situations where you can appear to be kindly and charitable for the good of all mankind!

Rome needs you; join today and we will throw in this genuine imitation teak salad wear set with matching thongs!

But wait, that’s not all…act right now and we will throw in not one but two bottles of Goo Be Gone, that’s a two year supply!

You can get all this right now, membership in the Roman Legions, this magnificent genuine imitation teak salad wear set with matching thongs, and two full bottles of Goo Be Gone for the unbelievably low one time limited price of 99.99! Or 5 monthly payments of 19.99! Call now operators are standing by 1-800-IAM-ROME that’s 1-800-IAM-ROME!

[edit on 17/1/10 by ProtoplasmicTraveler]

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   

[It is absurd to suppose that men of intellect adored a monstrous idol called Baphomet, or recognized Mahomet as an inspired prophet. Their symbolism, invented ages before, to conceal what it was dangerous to avow, was of course misunderstood by those who were not adepts, and to their enemies seemed to be pantheistic. The calf of gold, made by Aaron for the Israelites, was but one of the oxen under the laver of bronze, and the Karobim on the Propitiatory, misunderstood. The symbols of the wise always become

the idols of the ignorant multitude. What the Chiefs of the Order really believed and taught, is indicated to the Adepts by the hints contained in the high Degrees of Free-Masonry, and by the symbols which only the Adepts understand.

[The Blue Degrees are but the outer court or portico of the Temple. Part of the symbols are displayed there to the Initiate, but he is intentionally misled by false interpretations. It is not intended that he shall understand them; but it is intended that he shall imagine he understands them. Their true explication is reserved for the Adepts, the Princes of Masonry. The whole body of the Royal and Sacerdotal Art was hidden so carefully, centuries since, in the High Degrees, as that it is even yet impossible to solve many of the enigmas which they contain. It is well enough for the mass of those called Masons, to imagine that all is contained in the Blue Degrees; and whoso attempts to undeceive them will labor in vain, and without any true reward violate his obligations as an Adept. Masonry is the veritable Sphinx, buried to the head in the sands heaped round it by the ages.]

From the Book Morals and Dogma Page 818 and 819

I apologize for thinking you were just another stupid teenager who claims all kinds of knowledge and then quotes things that they don't understand. It is an amazing coincidence that the quote you started with is a favorite among those which I just mentioned. Perhaps you would like to comment on the above quote from the same book you mentioned and tell me in what context you were referring. It seems that Mr. Pike was actually talking about what ignorant people were saying. Not at all what you seemed to be inferring.

BTW, I am not blinded by any brain washing. Just found that the truth makes more sense than the crap that antis spread. Unlike them, I actually walked the walk.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   

OK civility, I can deal with that. I appreciate the turn of tone and will respond to you in kind. The Qoute Above was to respond to the obvious lower level Mason above that said that free masons are encouraged to worship whatever god they chose.
Pike clearly is saying that the lower levels are truly a cloak for the real Masonry, the adept. The higher levels are the true Masonry. They have the true meanings of the symbols of the gods. The Blue brothers are decieved into thinkin they have the true meaning of the symbols. But they only have the lower levels of truth.
I know that each level of Masonry has it own new revelations and truths generally unknown to his previous level.
I was by way of pike, I was saying he was being decieved. It is also interesting that he says the "It is well enough for the mass of those called Masons, to imagine that all is contained in the Blue Degrees;" This means that for the most part the mass of masonry is blue degrees and therefore are decieved as to what the true masonry is.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join