It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China begins text message censorship

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   

China begins text message censorship

www.t elegraph.co.uk

Billions of text messages to be scanned for inappropriate content, representing China's latest move to stifle freedom of expression.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Customers of China’s two largest mobile phone networks, China Mobile and China Unicom, have had their text-messaging service blocked after sending risqué texts, according to the state media.

It comes as the country is embroiled in a row with Google over cyber attacks. On Tuesday the internet giant, said it may quit China because of concerns about the country’s recent increase in censorship.

www.t elegraph.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I hereby declare the chicoms to be officially insane. Obviously they hate 'harmony' so much and begging to be removed from power.

Maybe Google already knew about this particular plan by the CCP, hence they announced their china exit early.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jazzyguy
I hereby declare the chicoms to be officially insane. Obviously they hate 'harmony' so much and begging to be removed from power.

Maybe Google already knew about this particular plan by the CCP, hence they announced their china exit early.

I'm guessing they knew about it. They're in the industry and people talk. I always hear little bits of information from people within certain areas of interest before they happen. Of course not everything comes to pass but when the general consensus of people 'in the know' are talking, then it becomes easier to cull through the facts from the rumors

[edit on 15-1-2010 by born2BWild]

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   
sad sad sad Chinas people need to quit letting the gov tromp all over them and stand up and do something

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   
It is still a sad world where one can be still be killed for voicing their opinion... but this would be a ice breaker for me if I lived in China! what could possibly going through the leaders heads other than fear or anxiety... I guess you could say the phrase "The people shouldn't fear their government, the government should fear their people."

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by OpTiMuS_PrImE
sad sad sad Chinas people need to quit letting the gov tromp all over them and stand up and do something

The last time anyone tried anything remotely like that,got squished by tanks,and drilled by AK-47's.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 11:22 PM
link   
China, the playground of the New World Order. A social experimentation to test the reaction, opinion, understanding and acceptance of Western Society from a remote perspective in order to employ the "acceptable" laws of this social censorship experiment in countries such as USA/UK.

[edit on 15/1/2010 by the_denv]

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Scanning for risqué texts? I'd be in a lot of trouble in China then. 0_o

Amazing what things are coming to. I guess we have people screening our texts over here too, but that's because the Patriot Act. In china they just flat out tell people that they're being watched.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Well I'm thankful I don't live in China.

Where if the pollution doesn't kill you, you're government will..

Extreme words for only text censorship, but seriously what next? They might as well move to another planet (I suggest Venus, or the Sun...)

new topics

top topics

join