It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Authorities Respond to Emergency at Michigan Airport

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Authorities Respond to Emergency at Michigan Airport

www.foxnews.com

TRAVERSE CITY, Mich. — URGENT: Authorities have responded to an emergency at a northern Michigan airport involving an incoming flight.

TV station WPBN-WTOM says a passenger claiming to have a bomb locked himself in the bathroom of a United Express flight from Chicago on Friday morning. The plane landed at Cherry Capital Airport in Traverse City and the station says the passenger was arrested.

The Traverse City Record-Eagle says the airport was shut down.

The U.S. Transportation Security Administration says it would have a statement shortly, but couldn't release any information.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Looks like another Emergency Response today. Seems like everyone is on high alert.

Maybe, there is a threat that they know about today and are not saying anything.

Anyone else here anything out there on this story. Will be checking the local news in the area to find out some information. Anyone, have a scanner site that can listen in on the activities?

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   
oh dear lord here we go again

they are just trying to make it more difficult for the average person to fly

how did he get a bomb on the plane anyhow... assuming he's not lying

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Source: Record-Eagle.com

TRAVERSE CITY — Authorities took a California man into custody this morning at Cherry Capital Airport following a disturbance on a United Express flight from Chicago. Officials closed the airport sometime after 10 a.m. after a disturbance report. Passengers on the United Express flight were led from the plane after a man apparently created a disturbance in the plane's restroom. Authorities took the man into custody shortly before 11 a.m.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Either, this is a government scam to legitimise the increased security aimed at keeping you all in your home states and unable to travel, OR this is proof that the people who are trying to keep you safe from terror attacks are worthless lazy do nothing hicks.
Which do you prefer and why ?

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

some more CIA , FBI, high ranking involvement i smell it a mile away

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   
IMO another ruse to keep the sheeple in line

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Agreed. Another part of the conditioning to get people used to the idea of limited/zero travel so that when you're told to stay where you are, you realize you have no choice, either because you're too damned scared or you're mentally conditioned not to take flight during fear.

Regardless it is a sad state of affairs, has been and will be for quite some time to come, I'm sure.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   
So he supposedly had a bomb, yet didn't use it as the cops were breaking down the door? 9 years after the supposed declaration of war from AQ, suddenly we have a rash of bombs getting aboard airplanes destined for/in the US? Another bomb, perhaps designed not to work but to get the patsy thrown in jail and freak out the American masses?

The 9/11 attacks (assuming for the moment that the official story is correct) was an elegantly devised and executed plan. AQ has now had years to perfect the explosive arts, and has routinely demonstrated the ability to design and use them. So why then are we suddenly having a rash of terrorist operatives that can't light a friggin match correctly? (Not that I'm glad they couldn't, I'm just saying....)

The folks who really stand to profit from the introduction of scanners in airports world-wide are of course the scanner manufacturers. And a new conspiracy is born!

I really don't know what is going on here, but something just doesn't seem right.

Edit: So he was a CA man, on a domestic flight, huh? Curiouser & curiouser. Can't blame other countries poor security on that one. I wonder what passes for a "disturbance" these days? Puking up your cheap airplane cocktails for a little to long? We know government's "test" security by planting evidence on the innocent, one wonders when they will start "testing" our on board baggage as well? This will be an interesting story to watch unfold.....

[edit on 1/15/2010 by DeathTribble]

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by niteboy82

Agreed. Another part of the conditioning to get people used to the idea of limited/zero travel so that when you're told to stay where you are, you realize you have no choice, either because you're too damned scared or you're mentally conditioned not to take flight during fear.

Don't worry. Posters will be here shortly to explain how you will still be "free" to travel because you can walk. They will let you know the "choice" is yours.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by harvib
Don't worry. Posters will be here shortly to explain how you will still be "free" to travel because you can walk. They will let you know the "choice" is yours.

Don't forget that traveling is not a "right" and how if I don't like interfering with their "safety" I can rent a car and drive (though statistically much deadlier.)

I've heard it all before, when the prison door finally slams, we'll be the crazy people not seeing that the bars are really just comfy walls to hang our hats on.

[edit on 1/15/10 by niteboy82]

top topics

join