It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. notes Al Qaeda Olympic threat

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 12:09 AM
link   

U.S. notes Al Qaeda Olympic threat

www.ctvolympics.ca

The U.S. government is advising American sports fans travelling to Vancouver for the 2010 Winter Olympics to watch out for al-Qaeda and other extremists, especially on transit and in restaurants, churches and other areas outside official venues.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 12:09 AM
link   
OOH! Watch out for the bogeyman. And how are Americans supposed to scope out terrorists, al-Qaeda, in a foreign country.I think Canadians are more likely to notice something out of the usual. Are they setting us up for a false flag or does al-Qaeda like winter sports. I don't think we have to worry about al-Qaeda. I worry about some other ABC agencies. What do you guys think?

www.ctvolympics.ca
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by pigwithoutawig

Also I'd like to take a second and send out my heartfelt sorrow to the Haitian people and to the family of a friend of my wife's , RCMP officer Sgt. Mark Gallagher, who also was one of the casualties of the Quake. You fought the good fight. R.I.P.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Why would Canada be targeted? I thought Al CIAda hated America. As I understand it the proper thing to do when traveling abroad is to claim your Canadian in order to avoid problems in other nations. What did Canada ever do to anyone? Has their Afghanistan troops even done anything comparable to the US atrocities? I'm doubtful.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Flakey

I think that is because Americans are just generally disliked, not just by Muslims. At least, that is the perception.

Canada is a "valid" target because they have troops in Afghanistan. Enough said really, makes them part of the "evil infidels"..

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 12:50 AM
link   
btw is anyone here going to winter 2010 games?

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 12:54 AM
link   
The winter olympics are basically a get-together of western-countries.

What a silly article: "Watch out for al-quaeda".

alright... I'll be sure to report a member right after he has blown himself up and shouted: "god is great".

This is government propoganda at its best. Its so blatant that it actually reminds me of Nazi Germany...

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Flakey

Might have something to do with the whole Canada in Afghanistan.

Just a thought

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by stumason

Yea but do they think these terrorists are already in Canada or are they gonna come by ship. Are they gonna fly or come in the East coast and drive, it's like a six day drive nonstop." No specific credible threats have been identified " , the U.S. government said. So let's just scare everyone for nothing.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by nophun

Yea, but Canada has already said we're leaving Afghanistan. Also there was a thread about how the Muslims in Canada has already said an attack on Canada would be an attack on them. I agree with an above poster, Gov't propaganda.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

Yup
It will be lot of fun and impossible to "look out for terror".

pigwithoutawig, Common sense! of course the games could be a target.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Well I guess these guy's are supposed to be able to fly jets but I don't know about driving in snow. Maybe they can drive snowmobiles.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by nophun

Oh, you're absolutely right. I have no doubt they could be a target but by who? I thought al-qaeda was busy fighting a war. I guess they could mastermind it from a cave somewhere.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Canada is at war with them .. I understand you want to deny that they want to kill you but that the facts.

That is not "Gov't propaganda" that is facts.

There is 170+ dead Canadians that prove they want you and what you stand for dead.

is takes 1 nut with a bomb to do a lot of damage.

[edit on 15-1-2010 by nophun]

[edit on 15-1-2010 by nophun]

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by nophun

I hear what you're saying nophun and I agree I'd like to believe that. But I don't. I know we are as much or more of a target. I just think it would be a good chance for an alphebet agency to pull a fast one, you know get Canadians thinking maybe we should'nt leave yet.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 01:39 AM
link   
If ANYTHING like that happens at the Olympic games here in Vancouver, you'll have a hard time convincing me that it wasn't done by the American government/TPTB themselves to get other countries down with their way of doing things. Think of it, the whole world will be watching.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by QBSneak000

That's what I've kind of been thinking myself, QBSneak000. I really hope I'm wrong but the timing seems good. shouldn't they have intell. 911 had intell and I think Britain had intell but I'm not sure.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Well lets see if the weather even behaves first, it's been too warm. If it continues like this they might even cancel the Olympics. The Torch came through my town yesterday. :p

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Of course the Olympics are a target. Every Olympics since Munich 1972 have been a target and a search on Google will show just that. But aside from Atlanta 1996 not much if anything has occurred, thankfully. Canada is spending a billion dollars on security, about twice as much as USA spent for the 2002 Salt Lake City games five months after 9/11.

Could something happen? Of course, it's possible. Will something happen? I'd be willing to bet that the Games will go off without a hitch.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 02:34 AM
link   
You people got to realize there is a group of people that want to kill you, not some alphabet agency with a hidden agenda.

Our county has our military fighting and dying in Afghanistan, if you think they are fighting the CIA/FBI you are beyond help.

Saying the American government is/may/thinking of/will/ect. attack the Vancouver games is delusional at best.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join