It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Retail sales fall unexpectedly; jobless claims up Retail sales drop 0.3 pct in December, plunge for

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   
finance.yahoo.com...

WASHINGTON (AP) --
Retail sales unexpectedly fell in December, leaving 2009 with the biggest yearly drop on record and highlighting the formidable hurdles facing the economy as it struggles to recover from the deepest recession in seven decades.
In another disappointing economic report, the number of newly laid-off workers requesting unemployment benefits rose more than expected last week as jobs remain scarce.

Unexpectedly?

If these bozos can't add 1+1 to get to 2, why is anyone listening to them?

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   
You mean they decided to come out with a little half-truth?? Giving us the news little by little so we dont go into shock?

On the other hand, the drums keep beating that AlQaaida is gonna git us.

Oh my word, i cant stand it- I hate waiting to die, dont you???

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
You mean they decided to come out with a little half-truth?? Giving us the news little by little so we dont go into shock?

On the other hand, the drums keep beating that AlQaaida is gonna git us.

Oh my word, i cant stand it- I hate waiting to die, dont you???

I am sorry mods, dgtempe said it much better then what I was thinking.

If I stated what I wanted to say, it would be all $^#%*^*& $^#$^*%^

Well you get my drift.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Yes, they believe their own BS... The financial adviser of my mother expects a 15% raise in the stock market this year... HAHHAHAHAHA

They really believe their own bull.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   
its amazing people still listen to their government and media as if they tell the truth. One day the sun is shining, the next the sky is falling and very few stop to wonder what changed from day to day. They simply say the first day "Oh boy the sun is shining!", the next: "Oh no the sky is falling!" and ad infinitum. There like gold fish only with a shorter memory.

the worst of it is were crazy for occasionally speaking the truth before anyone else knows whats going on. How many of you predicted the rosy numbers they reported in november and december were a lie? Lots of you thats how many. lol

And yet to the mainstream media and the sheep who follow their drivel you intelligent thoughtful people are considered loons.

The world makes me sick some days and today is one of em.

Cheers

top topics

join