It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aim for the stars and train to be a space architect

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Aim for the stars and train to be a space architect

www.dailymail.co.uk

Not so long ago ambitious youngsters dreamed of becoming doctors, teachers and lawyers.

But it seems the toddlers of today will be clamouring for a job in altogether more unusual fields.

Among the most popular professions in 2030 will be body-part maker, according to Government-commissioned research.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Review This Link: Instructions for the Breaking News Forums: Copy The Exact Headline

[edit on 1/15/2010 by semperfortis]

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 07:06 AM
link   
The role will use advances in stem cell technology and prosthetics to create replacements for damaged, diseased and worn-out body parts.

Other occupations of 2030 include memory augmentation surgeons, who will boost the brain's storage capacity, and space architects, who will design accommodation on the Moon and even further afield.

Advances in science and technology mean they are all likely to be part of everyday life within two decades, according to trend analysts from the Fast Future consultancy.

Now the recent posts ive made shows that we are all, what looks like is "being prepared" But for what?

www.dailymail.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 1/15/2010 by semperfortis]

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 07:19 AM
link   
I dont think its us being prepared, its simply us adapting and accepting new forms of technology and science.

The world is changing, people are changing - are we possibly evolving to quickly?

Maybe they should have included in there some type of new age debt collection position - one that defys the laws of milking blood from a stone.

[edit on 14-1-2010 by Emiai]

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Brilliant - and to think i was getting all excited about doing joinery. only if mama would of wated another 40 years

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Brilliant - and to think i was getting all excited about doing joinery. only if mama would of waited another 40 years

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by n00bUK

In another 40 years that joinery trade will make you a fortune my friend,
Because even on mars they will need technicians to repair furniture

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by enca78

You should probably change the title to the title of the article before a mod does it for you. When I saw this on breaking news forum, I thought a news outlet actually said "You are being prepared".

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I would love to see poll results like this for super powers and developing countries.

Anyone have access to such info?
I would be infinitely grateful

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   
It is true we are being prepared.....how so? we are being told the technology now so we wont be surprised when we have the worlds elite living for several hundred years.....We need these elite people to die not live forever so their ancient ideals dies with them whilst we accept new ideas of doing things.
Can you imagine the world if for arguements sake the ancient roman empire had this technology. you think we have what we have today if we still had values and attitudes from 2000 years ago.
So be prepared for a nightmare future if mankind ever gets past the next 25yrs

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Hahahaha, kind of reminds me of one of my favorite movies. "Repo! the genetic opera." I wonder if we'll have we'll have some little repo men running around in the future too.

Anyway, that's pretty cool. I can't wait to get more ram. I forget things way too easily.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by enca78
Other occupations of 2030 include memory augmentation surgeons, who will boost the brain's storage capacity

Errr so by 2030 we'll have finally found out how to unlock the use of our other 90% of our brain and then require an upgrade... boost the brains storage capacity my backside. Now if they had said, 'memory trainers' as a profession id say yes... but we already have those now

Futurists have strike rates as good as most 'prophets'... which is to say almost non existent and to think they actually get paid to do it.

Where do i sign up... oh and wheres my flying car, jet pack, personal robot assistant, insta food and poverty free world and moon base?.. still waiting on those promises.

Basically... I heard all this and stuff like it thrown around 20 years ago... and it still aint here so it sure as hell isnt going to be here in another 20 years.

[edit on 15-1-2010 by BigfootNZ]

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by enca78

Space architect right here. I'll upload some of my designs later maybe. For now Earthly work when I graduate. But in time space.

It's just such an exciting idea to not have to bother with gravity.

top topics

join