It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fat America

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 11:26 PM
link   
A depopulation agenda - A drug companies dream

Adult obesity rates now exceed 25 percent in 31 states and exceed 20 percent in 49 states and Washington, D.C. Two-thirds of American adults are either obese or overweight. In 1991, no state had an obesity rate above 20 percent. In 1980, the national average for adult obesity was 15 percent. Sixteen states experienced an increase for the second year in a row, and 11 states experienced an increase for the third straight year. Source: healthyamericans.org...

Obesity is on the rise, levels have increase significantly since my lifetime. Why? Lazyness, Technology taking away our work loads? At any given day over 60% of American women are dieting.

Maybe, because it was planned. What better way to drug up the population then force them into depression. Over 27 million Americans are on anti-depressants alone.

Obese people report sexual problems such as lack of desire, lack of enjoyment, avoiding sex and performance difficulty at a much higher rate than people of normal weight - in some cases being 25 times more likely to report problems, according to a Duke University Medical Center study. Overall, women experienced more difficulties than men among both weight groups, but the gender differences were small compared to the disparity between the obese and normal weight study populations. "Our study shows a striking difference in sexual quality of life between obese and normal weight people. Sexual quality of life is an important issue for everyone, and with the growing prevalence of obesity in this country, increasing numbers of people will likely be affected," said study co-investigator Martin Binks, presenting the results at the annual meeting of The North American Association for the Study of Obesity.

With the number of obese growing, the number of drug induced citizens grow and the birth rate decline. Fat people are less attractive the the majority of single normal weight adults, and have more sexual related issues.

Continuing a 12-year decline, the U.S. birth rate has dropped to the lowest level since national data have been available, according to statistics just released by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC). The rate of births among teenagers also fell to a new record low, continuing a decline that began in 1991. - About.com

Seeking the solutions to general life and sexual problems, most turn to anti-depressants and diet products, which is where the real drugging begins.

Chemicals in Diet Food:

I Can’t Believe It’s Not—Diacetyl!
Diacetyl is the chemical that gives microwave popcorn that delicious buttery flavor without the use of any butter. Unfortunately, extensive exposure to diacetyl can lead to a serious, irreversible, and rare condition known as bronchiolitis obliterans. First seen in workers at a microwave popcorn packaging plant, the condition is commonly known as “popcorn lung.” One consumer (who, somewhat freakishly, ate around four bags of microwaved popcorn a day) has developed the disease, and researchers recently discovered that small amounts of diacetyl can cause lung and airway damage in mice. www.divinecaroline.com...

----------

Acesulfame-K is approximately 200 times sweeter than sugar and is used around the world in baked goods, soft drinks, chewing gum, and gelatin desserts. Although early studies showed no health risks, they were not the most reliable experiments. Since then, two separate studies on rats have shown that it may cause cancer. Although further tests are needed, it is recommended to avoid acesulfame-K altogether.

An added concern is that the breakdown product of acesulfame-K known as acetoacetamide affects the thyroid in rats, dogs and rabbits when administered in large amounts; however, there is no proof that the amounts found in food are dangerous.

Aspartame
Aspartame is found in the name brands Equal and NutraSweet; it is composed of methanol and two amino acids. Although originally believed to be the perfect artificial sweetener, it caused brain tumors in rats in certain studies conducted in the 1970s.

Although there was much pressure from different groups for further studies to explore the potential dangers of aspartame, it wasn't until 2005 that a new study was released. It found that even small doses of the sweetener increased the occurrence of lymphoma and leukemia, and occasionally caused brain tumors in rats. Although more research is still needed, avoid it to stay on the safe side.

However, do not believe the claims that can be found all over the Internet regarding the wide variety of illnesses caused by aspartame; most of them have never been proven.

Saccharin
This sweetener, commercially known as Sweet'N Low, is 350 times sweeter than sugar; it is used in many diet foods and soft drinks, and as a tabletop sugar substitute. Several animal studies have shown that it causes cancer of the bladder, uterus, ovaries, blood vessels, skin, and various other organs. Even a significant study conducted by the National Cancer Institute found that it does indeed cause bladder cancer.

Artificial sweeteners are generally considered safe (save for saccharin, which has that pesky “has been shown to cause cancer in lab rats” warning). However, two studies indicate they may not exactly be as guilt-free as once imagined.

The first study showed that, compared with those who drank no soda, people who consumed one or more sodas a day—diet or regular—had a 50 percent higher risk of metabolic syndrome, a group of risk factors characterized by excessive abdominal fat, high blood pressure, and high glucose. Soda companies balked—how can diet beverages cause these things when they contain no calories? Logic would side with them, except for study number two, done in rats. It showed that rats fed with foods containing artificial sweeteners were more likely to overeat compared with those rats fed food containing real sugar. Reason? Sugar triggers our innate system to recognize sweet calories and restrict further food consumption; fake chemicals don’t trigger the “eat less” mechanism.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Aspartame

This sugar substitute, sold commercially as Equal and NutraSweet, was hailed as the savior for dieters who for decades had put up with saccharine's unpleasant after taste. There are quite a few problems with aspartame. The first is phenylketonuria (PKU). One out of 20,000 babies is born without the ability to metabolize phenylalanine, one of the two amino acids in aspartame. Toxic levels of this substance in the blood can result in mental retardation. Beyond PKU several scientists believe that aspartame might cause altered brain function and behavior changes in consumers. And many people (though a minuscule fraction) have reported dizziness, headaches, epileptic-like seizures, and menstrual problems after ingesting aspartame.

Avoid aspartame if you are pregnant, suffer from PKU, or think that you experience side affects from using it. If you consume more than a couple of servings a day consider cutting back. And, to be on the safe side, don't give aspartame to infants.

A relatively young company, Senomyx, may be responsible for the sodium and sugar levels falling in your favorite grocery store item. How are they doing this without affecting the taste? The truth is, they may be putting chemicals into your food right now without you even realizing it and without telling you.

And guess what? They don't have to.

Senomyx has contracted with Kraft, Nestle, Coca Cola, Campbell Soup to put a chemical in foods that masks bitter flavors by turning off bitter flavor receptors on the tongue and enhancing salty and sweet flavors. This would allow the companies to tout claims such as "less sugar" or "lower sodium" by reducing the actual sugar and/or salt by approximately half, but the foods will retain the same level of sweetness or saltiness when they touch the tongue by fooling your brain.

All of the companies, although admitting the exclusive contracting rights, decline to identify which foods and beverages the chemical additives have been or will be added to.

These chemical compounds are not required to be listed separately on food labels. On the contrary, they will be lobbed under the umbrella of "artificial flavors" which is already found on most food labels.

The list of dangerous and potential dangerous chemicals in diet products can go on and on, some with much debate, and some will never be known to the public.

From the surgeongeneral.gov
Looking back 40 years to the 1960s, when many of us in this room were children, just over four percent of 6- to 17-year-olds were overweight. Since then, that rate has more than tripled, to over 15 percent. And the problem doesn’t go away when children grow up. Nearly three out of every four overweight teenagers may become overweight adults.

I’m not willing to stand by and let that happen. American children deserve much better than being condemned to a lifetime of serious, costly, and potentially fatal medical complications associated with excess weight. The facts are staggering:

In the year 2000, the total annual cost of obesity in the United States was $117 billion. While extra value meals may save us some change at the counter, they’re costing us billions of dollars in health care and lost productivity. Physical inactivity and super-sized meals are leading to a nation of oversized people.
This year, more than 300,000 Americans will die from illnesses related to overweight and obesity.
Obesity contributes to the number-one cause of death in our nation: heart disease.
Excess weight has also led to an increase in the number of people suffering from Type 2 diabetes. There are at least 17 million Americans with diabetes, and another 16 million have pre-diabetes. Each year, diabetes costs America $132 billion. It can lead to eye diseases, cardiovascular problems, kidney failure, and early death.
Why are we facing this epidemic of overweight and obesity? Over 50 genes associated with obesity have been located in the human gene map. But the ever-increasing problem of overweight among American children cannot be explained away by changes in genetic composition.

Taken from the CDC.GOV Leading Causes of Death:
Heart disease: 631,636
Cancer: 559,888
Obesity Related(I added this): 300,000
Stroke (cerebrovascular diseases): 137,119
Chronic lower respiratory diseases: 124,583
Accidents (unintentional injuries): 121,599
Diabetes: 72,449
Alzheimer's disease: 72,432
Influenza and Pneumonia: 56,326
Nephritis, nephrotic syndrome, and nephrosis: 45,344
Septicemia: 34,234

If they don't get you from Obesity then they will get you from cancer.

May 2, 2009, Journal of Clinical Oncology: Over the next 20 years, the number of new cancer cases diagnosed annually in the United States will increase by 45 percent, from 1.6 million in 2010 to 2.3 million in 2030, with a dramatic spike in incidence predicted in the elderly and minority populations, according to a study published April 29 in Journal of Clinical Oncology.

The study, conducted by researchers at University of Texas M. D. Anderson Cancer Center in Houston, is the first to determine such specific long-term cancer incidence projections. The authors predicted a 67 percent increase in the number of adults age-65-or-older diagnosed with cancer, from 1 million in 2010 to 1.6 million in 2030. In non-white individuals within the same 20-year span, the incidence is expected to increase by 100 percent, from 330,000 to 660,000.

Where Am I going with this?

It is my theory that chemicals and unhealthy habits are being pushed our way every day. I can't watch television without watching a food commercial every few minutes, it make me want to eat.
It is possible, and could require research that even the chemical additives in our food and water supply could slow the thyroid glands, but it is proven
that the chemicals, especially in diet products cause cancer and other health issues.

What better way to control the population? Make it fat, unhealthy, lazy, and unattractive.

Birth rates decline, death rates increase, population control succeeds.

[edit on 13/1/10 by xstealth]

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by xstealth

While I applaud your informative post the bottom line still remains. Choice. No one is holding a gun to peoples heads and forcing them to eat this swill. I know what the real fountain of youth is. A proper diet and exercise. Sound body, sound mind.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Hi guys,

there is a number of links with this info. Below is the latest so I suggest use put you points on there instead of replicating old threads.

Peace

ATS Link

[edit on 13-1-2010 by The_Archangel]

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by concernedcitizan
reply to post by xstealth

While I applaud your informative post the bottom line still remains. Choice. No one is holding a gun to peoples heads and forcing them to eat this swill. I know what the real fountain of youth is. A proper diet and exercise. Sound body, sound mind.

How does it get to the point where 2/3 Americans make the wrong choice?

Why are people getting so lazy, or are they? Could our food supply, like our water supply be 'drugged' into slowing metabolisms and thyroids?

What are we really eating?

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 11:54 PM
link   
As I read this thread a KFC commercial is on and I'm eating a twix... yeah we're a pretty sad Country.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 11:58 PM
link   
I vote its a virus. And, what we eat and how little we do physically.

www.livescience.com...

Then in 2007, researchers found that AD-36 could transform adult stem cells obtained from fat tissue into fat cells. "We're not saying that a virus is the only cause of obesity, but this study provides stronger evidence that some obesity cases may involve viral infections," Magdalena Pasarica of Louisiana State University (and a colleague of Dhurandhar) said at the time.

I do not doubt that our society is making people fat, and sick, and depressed. I just sort of doubt it is a conspiracy against us from some "other." A lot of the upper class and our leaders are also fat, sick, and depressed. I think it is an unintended consequence of our collective choices, coupled with an unfortunate virus.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 12:30 AM
link   
I think it just because a good majority of us in this country are just lazy consumers by choice. Instead of using pots and pans to cook most of the time, people just use the microwave and stand idle or watch tv on the couch. By that I mean there is physical activity in the sitirring, and moving around of the pots/pans and that burns more calories than the microwave.

Also I believe that fast food comes from the way society is built. Example is working at a job and your only allowed a 30 minute break. Heat up the food in the microwave, or just take a trip to Mcdonalds. Cant really cook your own healthy kind of meal in that time at work.

Some people just cant help being large, because of genetics. Im the complete opposite, no matter how much I eat, I still stay skinny. 6'1, 140 lbs for almost 5 years now.

[edit on 14-1-2010 by buni11687]

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by buni11687

You can eat plenty of fresh fruits, vegetables and lean meat in a half hour. But as you say, there a lot of lazy folks out there.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by concernedcitizan

People could eat veggies and fruits, but when I look around at people on break in the office, all I see is bags from fast food places and people chowin down on burgers or tacos with a soda on the side. Every now and then there will be an apple or orange throwin into the mix or maybe a bottle of water, but that comes around as much as a full moon.

Also I was going to say, what goes good with sports in america these days. Beer, nachos, or fresh grilled burgers. And sports are a major thing in this country to. Id assume people usually pack on an extra 3000 calories atleast every game.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Now that the overweight are fast becoming the majority, they have all the power to control their fate.

The healthy in this country will literally be held up and robbed of everything they work for, for the sake of supporting the masses of sick and dying idiots.

Thanks to welfare and government programs, being healthy and responsible doesn't pay. We will all go down with this bloated, ignorant ship.

The baby boomers are a generation that should be so ashamed of themselves by now, and it doesn't seem that they are. What have they left to the rest of us? A filthy mess, and an expectation to take care of them and make up for all the stupidity and selfishness they've brought down on future generations.

new topics

top topics

join