It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sorry folks...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 10:18 PM
link   
This may be posted in the wrong forum, but I've got to vent...
Earlier today, there was a "Terror Alert" in I-65 just north of Birmingham, Alabama. According to the news sources, an 18 wheeler was pulled over on the northbound side of I-65, just south of the Fieldstown Road exit in Alabama. "Bomb siffing dogs" had gotten a "lead" on the trailer of the truck and the Secret Service & F.B.I. were investigating the truck. There was one person in "custody" (had not been arrested). This was on the noon news. Of course, there's nothing on the 10pm news about this. Once again, I think this was just a case of "see what we can do and what kind of panic we can inflict" brought on by the "we've got to get elected again" gov't. Let them keep crying "wolf". Should something really happen, who would believe them? Who would care?

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 10:32 PM
link   
No....I see it as comforting. The gov't is watching out for us and on top of things.

They are blamed for the opposite on 9/11.

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Corey,

I�m not sure why you assume that the government is trying to scare anybody, and why they would think that doing so would help �them� get reelected. Unless the news of this incident was released by government officials, it�s more likely that it�s just another case of the media hyping a situation up to get viewers. Now granted, other governments have been known to use such propaganda tactics in the past. However, I have yet to see any evidence that this administration has been doing so in regards to terror alerts. Lots of people in the news, have made arguments that the Bush admin. embellished the reports of Iraq�s threat to the U.S. but I know of no one who has made the same claims about Homeland Security. As a matter of fact, the U.S. gov. has tried to be extremely careful in not putting out frivolous warnings. If they really wanted to scare people, they could make a new announcement every day. As there are a number of different items that cross the analysts desk daily. Maybe one should look to the media, when trying to figure out who has the most to gain in scaring the U.S. population.

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Absolutley right Corey! We should just ignore these types of things. Metal detector at the airport goes off? Ignore it! Probably just one of Bush's cronies trying to stir thins up. Radiation detected down at the port? Forget it! False alarm to get Homeland Security more funding.

C'mon man, get real.

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Maybe the government has nothing to do with all the media hype, but there the ones who get to reap the rewards. Do you seriously think that five years something such as the patriot act could have been passed five years ago.

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 11:06 PM
link   
So true- I'm not sure why I'm so quick to judge- I apologize- everything has ticked me off today, and I just needed to blame someone for something! The government's always an easy target... Sorry- I know I'm wasting bandwidth, so I'll quit here!

Originally posted by Cypher
Corey,

I�m not sure why you assume that the government is trying to scare anybody, and why they would think that doing so would help �them� get reelected. Unless the news of this incident was released by government officials, it�s more likely that it�s just another case of the media hyping a situation up to get viewers.

**edit**Please do not quote posts exceeding 3-4 lines in length. Quote only whats necessary to address.

[Edited on 25-5-2004 by Seekerof]

new topics

top topics

join